Options

Garmin watch stopped transferring

TJo3TJo3 ✭✭
Hi all

Last year, I bought a Garmin Forerunner 230 watch and, until recently, it has been working just fine.

I'm now having problems copying the data from the watch to the Garmin Connect service, both when I use the app on my iPhone via Bluetooth and connecting the watch to my computer via a cable.

The watch beeps and says "Transfer Complete" yet no runs since April 14th are showing on the app or website.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I've heard and read all sorts of negative reviews about Garmin Connect.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wrexhamrobwrexhamrob ✭✭✭
    Ok yes i have had similar problem in the last few days , with my vivoactive HR- especially important as i have my Nearly Comrades to load up . I ve loaded connect Bluetooth on bothe iphone 5 connect garmin and the watch - it starts to synch but then shows red line across bottom of phone 'synch failed'

help please - i have switched off and restarted both phone and garmin
    and reconnected garmin  
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    try unpairing and re-pair. I have had this a couple of times
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Log it with the helpdesk (if you follow the "help" screens on the website, you will find a "Contact us for more help" section where you can chat/call/email them.  They are quick to respond and very helpful (the couple of times I've used them anyway).
  • Options
    WheelyneilWheelyneil ✭✭✭
    My Garmin 235 occasionally fails to upload to iPhone6 but rebooting the phone has usually cured it. That said, on a couple of occasions I've had to turn the watch off and on as well. I've always found bluetooth technology to be flaky at the best of times.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday, for the first time, my Garmin 220 data (from an 8' run) would not transfer to Garmin Express; I was told that the device was not connected and that the 'disk' needed re-formatting. When I looked at that option I was informed that I would lose all the data in the process. So I checked the Garmin site and found my problem on one of their trouble-shooting pages. I followed the recommended procedure (which involved powering off the device) and lost all the history! I've yet to test it again, but at least the device is now recognised. Fortunately I had jotted down all the details from the run, as I still use pen and paper, and did a manual entry on Strava. Have no idea why this problem cropped up as I frequently check for latest up-dates.
  • Options
    My Garmin 935 has a problem with ONE of my runs - I noticed it hasn't uploaded it to Garmin Connect, and I can't get it to show me more than the basic time-and-distance data on the watch. Anyone know of a way to recover the data? It's a pity because it was for a long run (nearly 35 miles) on a hot day and I was interested in seeing what my paces were.
  • Options
    TJo3TJo3 ✭✭
    Hi all - I've actually cured it. In Garmin Express, there is a page called something like "Tools" and in there is a "Privacy" tab. Somehow, permission to upload activities and data from the watch to Garmin Connect had been disabled.

I just enabled it again and the watch started to sync straight away. I don't know how this permission was disabled (probably my fault) but it seems to be cured anyway.
  • Options
    Mr M2, the same thing happened to me yesterday with My Garmin 220, it said that it was not connected, but I knew that it was, as it started charging. This is the second time that it has happened. I don't use blue tooth to transfer to my phone, as that was very slow, but use the USB cable from the Garmin to my laptop. The first time it happened, I reset the device by holding the on off button for 15 seconds until the device switched off, and then held for one second to switch it on again. This did the trick. I've done the same again this time, and will see if it has worked after my run tomorrow.