Saturday 23rd June 2018 - Plain talking (plain talking)

Morning.

Lyrics - Plain talking (plain talking)

I hope you can find a solution OH. NB shoes have probably changed quite a lot since your bad experience, for years Adidas were too narrow for me but then they changed the last so worth trying lots of different ones on if you get the chance (probably not easy where you are I'd guess).

Are things feeling any better Alehouse?

What:          something easy
Why:           easy does it
Last hard:   being aimless
Last rest:    12/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    SC: Green tag for me, yellow tag for daughter. Went really well and was great experience for youngest daughter. She is really in to her TKD.

OH/LMH: On a similar note, I've stuck with Asics Cumulus since 2006 (apart from a brief go with Brooks Ghost 5), they have been great for me, love them, protect my knees well, do absorb quite a bit of energy so to speak, but I don't really run for speed, keeping healthy and fun is the first on the list, but the recent versions have changed considerably, really rigid and what was the soft mesh upper is now like cardboard. Really annoying when they change something that works, have been considering NB, but were I am shops are rubbish, have no range to try just fashion trainer shops.

Ale: That picture is ace! 1975? Wow you hadn't had that good Summer of 76 yet.

At a wedding today, daughters are bridesmaid and having there hair done mid-morning, could I possibly squeeze a run in whilst they are getting styled? hmmm...

What: Let's see what 40-45 mins has to offer.

Why: Better than nothing, it will deduct four pints of my calorie intake for the day

Lyrics: Oh bother!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: No

LMH: back feeling slightly tender after yesterday's hydrotherapy...and as for the knee...

What: fitness suite, if anything

Why: see above

Currently grey and cold here! Where's that sun?

Benjy1975 was also a hot summer, but I spent the hottest month of it driving to the South of France and then along the coast to Barcelona...where they had the worst summer weather in living memory! I will have to find the relevant training diary and see what year it actually was.

re shoes, it is getting increasingly difficult to try things on as shopping is more and more online. Must be very difficult in some of the far flung places of the UK, and beyond.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's one of the reasons I try to support my local running shop Alehouse - and encourage others to do the same. I can't afford to buy all of my trainers there but if I want advice and decide to try something new the first pair will come from there.

I'm sure you can use that window of opportunity Benjy.

Not very bright or warm here at the minute either, just back from walking Grace (having done the weekly shop first) and currently warming up whilst trying to decide what to do.
  • parkrun 28'03 with additional Boots insole
    Some improvement but still sore afterwards

cool, breezy and showers here

Should have got yesterday's lyrics

• DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    OH: hope you work it out

Benjy: enjoy the wedding 

AH; Always been my problem, too heavy never unde 11.5 stone

What; Yeovil park run, my favourite as its a true XC course with XC short steep hills. Today add in knee high grass. So pleased with a course record for me of 24-12, thats five minutes off my time in two months!

Why; No other races this week

Last hard: convincing myself to keep trying after 2k this morning

last rest: 09:06

Lyrics: didn’t even look
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done OH and DD on the parkruns.

Still benched here, taking time to hopefully make my achilles better.  Last weeks 22 miler made it a lot worse.  Probably ready to try a run tomorrow bit getting impatient.

Have a good weekend all.

Lyrics, nope. 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Careful Donaldo. Well run DD and OH. Hope the healing continues and for you too Ale.
    LMH/Benjy..hope you both got out. Benjy: fingers crossed for A passes.
    WP: B5386 and probably settle for nearer 1.45 than 1.40
    Threw caution to the wind on the back of Wed night and went for SB at parkrun. Was pacing one of the juniors, who wanted a pb, I so was a little bit sensible. Fastest pr of the year and pb for him but almost 35 seconds off where I'd like to be. 21.19 still gave 73.96% age grade so can't grumble
    What: parkrun
    Why: It's Saturday
    Last Hard: Finding something for breakfast this morning
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: Nope don't believe I do.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

SC I have added you to my tracker thingy will look out for you what colour vest? I shall be either by Blackpill or Westcross inn which ever gives a good vantage point.

Benjy: i hope the wedding and run went are going well today a hot day for it.

Don: Be very careful with Achilles or you will be out for longer than you want:-(

DD: Great work on your park run you have done really well in a short time :-)

SC: Well done on parkrun  a great result especially with half tomorrow although it is going to be hot.

OH: well done on parkrun .Do you have a running shop near to you or will it be on the mainland?

What nothing
    Why: Felt sick this morning/last night
    Last hard: See above and the heat!
    Lyrics Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you're unwell, poppy. Gimme some of that great please.

Freezing cold, wet and windy here.

Well done on your respective parkruns, DD, OH and SC.

Super improvement DD. You must be be pleased.

Wishing you best of luck for tomorrow, SC.

Damn Achilles, Don.

Fab pic, ale. Proper short shorts :+1:

Benjy: enjoy the wedding.

Charideee 5k fundraiser in aid of children's charities today with about 30 people from work. Miserable weather for it. Had to wear my rain jacket but was still really cold. Jog there and back made it 5 miles for the day and the was free beer at the finish :)

Today's race wasn't timed but Garmin said 21:52. Third overall for the team (the start is staggered,  one team after the other). Found myself at the front with a guy half my age and we ran along chatting for about 2k when 3 whippersnappers approached from behind with my companion rudely joining them leaving me on my own. That didn't last long. Two of the young pups tired quickly and I ran past them chuckling to myself. They were just chicked by an old biddy twice their age :D
    The two fast boys crossed the line about 20secs in front of me. Give me a other k and I'd  have got them ;)
    All good fun and lots of high fiving before we headed for the beer tent.
  • I like to keep the youngsters in their place too chicksta:-)

Great improvement DD.

I hope you have a good race tomorrow SC.

Sorry to hear that you're unwell again Poppy. Not too warm here but tomorrow is forecast to be better.

Careful Donaldo - don't want you out of action in the holidays.

A strange run for me this morning, legs felt awful throughout, heavy and achey, yet I ran a good negative split with my last mile being over 50 seconds faster than my first. Hoping things feel better tomorrow.
  • Love it Chicksta  :D

It's been a long time since I have been under 11.5 stone :/ 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    WP: Green Forest of Dean Vest possibly red Cardiac Athlete's underneath if forecast stays as is. Should be finished before to gets too warm! Prescription (distance) aviator sunglasses green socks!
    Chicksta: brisk 5k there!