Sunday 24th June 2018 - Drinking in the morning sun

Morning.

Lyrics - Drinking in the morning sun

A lovely day forecast here, warm, dry, bright and still. Perfect cycling weather.

Hope you have a good one SC.

Anyone else racing today? Enjoy if so.

Mark wanted to go to the gym yesterday afternoon so I ended up doing my programme for the second time in a week, the downside of this is that I doubt we'll go again today so I'll need to fit this week's session in somewhere.

What:            no idea, I guess it will be easy miles but I'm actually tempted by a bike ride
Why:             I'm tired, I ache and I have no targets
Last hard:     working out what to do next
Last rest:      2/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Lift Me Up by Moby.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

SC: I hope to see you later if I don't have a great race!

LMH: I hope you have a good run  or bike ride:-)

What 8.25 miles at 4am
    Why: To fit everything in
    Last hard: Being ill yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed!

What: rest

Why: going to Old Trafford for ODI. Makes a change from the fitness suite.

Race well, racers. 

Well done yesterday, SC: that time actually seems a big improvement! Thought you were running well over 22 lately. I don't think you would be far off 20 minutes on a fast course!

Wonder how Gobi is getting on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • According to his blog he's back in training Alehouse though obviously not 100% yet. Too nice a day to spend in the fitness site, hope the cricket is good.

That was an early start Poppy - I don't know how you do it.

Still haven't decided what to do. I want to run long but I'm not sure if I should (or can).
  • Kudos to all friends that have just completed WHW!
    Looking slightly more summery today.
    Plan: gentle 5kish run, swim later
    Keep legs going without stressing feet.
    Last hard yesterday's parkrun
    Last rest Friday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great to be back out on the roads and a beautiful sunny day here.  6 miles done, nice and easy, no pain.  Ideal.

Great running yesterday SC and good luck to all racers today. 

Hope you go long LMH, it’ll make you happy! 

Lyrics, aye. 
  • Good news Donaldo. I did and it has:-)
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Well that was interesting. Outcome 1:43:34 and a bit of a story.Not a great night's sleep but up and out down to Swansea thinking I'd got the timing about right. Queue for car park and the 1k to the start. Met up with some clubmates wished each other luck and set off for the pen. Turned on Garmin...no strap....18 mins to start...jog to car and back  in time for national anthem. Stuck myself in front of one and behind the other 1.40 pacer. Got breath back and off we went on a very very warm morning. 4.33-437-4.35-4.40-4.45 oops-I know that feeling-timeout-7.17. Back on feet and off we go through 10k in 50.04 so definite -ve split :-) Was feeling a bit down at around 7k as wasn't sure if another wobble was on the cards when I heard a voice call my name. Twas the mile munching running legend that is Poppy. Just about managed to acknowledge wave and smile. Certainly lifted my spirits and helped get my head back in the zone. Worked my way through the crowd and caught the 1.45 pacers by half way and then steadily worked my way through the field and passed the back marking 1.40 pacer - he was clearly too slow- 200 metres before the end. Massage-drink-car and 75 miles later- reportThe half covers the whole of the Swansea Bay 10K route and I'll definitely be back for both again. It really is very pretty by the sea front. Just wish I could rely on my body to behave. 
    LMH: It was nearly such a good one - Ale: enjoy the cricket -OH: Indeed - Donaldo: Wish I could say the same :-) 
    What: Swansea half
    Why: On the list
    Last Hard: Getting back on my feet post blip
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: Indeed I do
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Brilliant SC :+1: Glad you kept the SVT in check

Glad to see you back running, Don.

That was an early start, poppy

Hope the feet behave, OH

Not wanting to run does sound very unlike you, LMH. Glad you got out.

Weather still atrocious here and after last night's poor German football show I was a bit too hungover for a long run... Went out for 10 miles and missed 5 goals for England!! Blimey. Guess football might be coming home this time around :)
    Well what can I say  :) 

I had left home to get to my cheering spot by 8.50 I was nervous I wanted to make sure I spotted SC if I could all I had was colour vest and race number not a lot to go on.
    I saw the wheelchair athlete come through then the speedy boys chasing the top spots I was at mile 4 and already they looked worn out and soaked through with the heat. It was good to see they suffer just like I do in a race. More speedy boys then one or two ladies. Then all of a sudden a hoard of runners the 1.30 pace makers .Ah not long till I don't SC. By this time it is throng of runners so hard I keep scanning the runners. Then the 1.40 pacers go past .I must be vigilant and finally the other side of road is who I think is SC I try to scan bin big cheer and I shout and wave I was so excited to spot him. I then cheer all the slower runners as a girl running her first half who I knew would be slow sub 2.40+ finally saw her big cheer hugs and jelly babies for to keep her going good job I had put hers aside as 6 bags went in 15 minutes!! I race to prom side just as SC goes past me I shout but he was in the zone and looking focused and had moved up near 1.40 pacer. I then clap and cheer everyone until I spot C she has also moved up a few places  and looked good filled her bottle got more sun cream on and away she went.
    I really felt for the slower runners but by 11.30 it was time to walk home. What a great morning I had a raspy voice and sore hands.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    SC sorry to hear about your episode but we'll done on a good race and it all ended well. See you at 10k I will be running that one myself although I will be a fair way behind you. :)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That's a great time especially considering the time out SC.

Top supporting Poppy.

I did want to run chicksta just wasn't sure that a long one was a good idea, cuboid syndrome in left ankle has been playing up again and both knees, especially the left, are a tad tweaky. With it only being two weeks after Yeovil and with nothing to train for the sensible option would have been to do a shorter run - or take the bike out - instead I taped the ankle, hoped the knees would hold out and took bus money home with me just in case:-) A lovely warm, still day here and a good week forecast - we've obviously swapped weather!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Just watching highlights ale.

Friday was great fun. Not sure of position yet but we did 59:30 for the 12 ish km.

Yesterday did 15 km in total including a terrible cannon hill pr. Meant to be 22km but legs couldn't do any more. Different route at Ch, narrow, off-road a 5.3 km so 30:20. Guess the racing has taken its toll.

Today rest.

Great work sc.

Back much better (no car journeys). Calves coping.

Have a lovely evening all
  • 4 mile run this morning. Low tide so it was possible to go all the way to the pier on sand rather than having to return to road.
    Swim by Yesnaby this afternoon. Great sea cliffs but swimming spot is bottle necked cove well protected from today's powerful westerly swell.
    Blues skies but still breezy here.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Well done SC! 
    And yes, I can understand why you needed a rest today, EMZ!
    Have been watching cricket for rather a long time now, and today's was up there amongst the very best!
    Weather was perfect also!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That was tense ale. Just looked up tickets for twenty 20 on Wednesday and they're about£60. Insane... Though tempted after watching today's highlights...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I thought about Wednesday as well Emz but decided it was too expensive on top of the travel. Will probably watch in the pavilion at OT after the county championship match.