First Ultra - 250KM - "Couch to 250k"

Hi,

I hope you dont mind me posting this into the forum. I have just signed up for my first Ultra 250km (therace.ie). Its a bit of a monster challenge given that the furthest I have ever ran is 26 mile. That being said I have a very good coach and 10 months to train. As part of the training process I have decided to document the whole thing online. Hopefully this will be informative for anyone following along. We have a facebook page set up which update everyone on our whole training plan etc.

Myself and my coach will also be recording a bi-monthly podcast (episode 1 online now) discussing everything from motivation to training to "lactic acid threshold tests" and "gait analysis tests"... both of which I only found out about this week. :)

If anyone has any advice, tips or topics that would be good to cover on the podcast... please post below. I want to make this project interesting for both beginners and experienced Ultra athletes.

You can follow along with our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/couchto250k

and find the podcast here

https://couchto250k.simplecast.fm/

If you think this is a completely mad and impossible task... let me know :D :D :D

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    That's an adventure race isn't it, not an ultra?  I think the running part is about 40 miles, will be hilly though as it's Donegal.   

You'll have a great time in a beautiful part of the world.
  • Sorry if it feels if I am hijacking this post but I haven't been on here in a good while. And myself I have just signed up for my first ultra 250 the Kalahari ultra marathon.
    October this year 203 days from now I have done nothing of this kind in the past I did a mountain marathon summer last year with an ok outcome.
    But this is on another level, another continent and more miles than I could imagine I enjoy adventures of all kinds and I would of applied for the MDS if it was not so expensive.

So Any tip trick of any kind or anyone else on board that are doing that event please let me know.