Options

Sunday 22nd July 2018 - Takes so much to be a marvel

Morning.

Lyrics - Takes so much to be a marvel

Cooler start to the day here but due to warm up and the week is forecast to get hotter as it goes on so today looks like the best opportunity for a LSR though I'm not feeling hugely enthusiastic, hopefully I'll brighten up with the day 
:) 

What:                 LSR
Why:                  the best day of the week according to the Met Office
Last hard:          this may not be as easy as I'd like but then I guess it will be as easy as I make it  :)
Last rest:           12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: Good luck with LSR today I  am sure it will be easy peasy for you:-)

Chick:  Great miles yesterday!!

What: 8.1 miles
    Why: Because it is what I do on a Sunday:-)
    Last hard: Sleeping and waking body to run:-)
    Lyrics; Yes I do believe I do

Faster than yesterday so that is good back on track again  and nice and cool best part of the day.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Cool and damp here at present, and thick cloud forecast for most of the day.

What: probably a short run plus fitness suite

Why: hopefully on the road to recovery

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: rest
    Why: I'm cream crackered
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Cooler here at the moment but very very humid.  Think I'll do some pottering in the garden.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Don: Cracking miles there, well done on those

LMH: Enjoy long one, very warm here hope it is managable where you are

Emz/SC: Great meet-up oppurtnity

Welsh: Miles are banking up, inspiring

Ale: Hopefully on road to recovery

OH: Hogweed rash, it's weird I'm hearing that a lot recently, something I've never been aware of before. Great 10k there

Friday was pretty brutal 14 due to hills, running mate even said near the end it was a bit too many planned in. We are loosely following the asics plan, more a case of our regular running sessions, but meet up when allowable to do longer runs. These plans that suggest 14, 18, 20, 22 probably aren't designed for long inclines. There is no way the suggested pace can be maintained. Think I've finally figured out my running niche, I do like hills, which is a good thing as I don't really have much choice unless I move.

Banging headache this morning, got in at 2AM this morning due to friends birthday. Need to run it off.

What: Gentle 6 or 7, nothing ambitious

Why: Run off hangover and collect car later today

Lyrics: Most certainly a no

Very hot here, could do with some cloud
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Missed your 22 miler there, sorry, well done, cracking effort
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hope you had as nice LSR, LMH.

Another good run poppy.

I wish we had cold and damp, ale ... 30 degrees at 11 am forced us to go inside and batten the hatches. What a summer! Enjoy the fitness suite.
    Agree with the others: running every other day is the best approach post injury.

Em: happy gardening and pottering :)
    I decided against running too. I quite like a non running day the day after a long one. Should keep us on the straight and narrow.

Stop drinking so much, Benjy ;). Good job you like hills and well done on an epic run yesterday. Always best to run to effort, not pace.

What: an hour on the bike
    Why: too many running miles, too hot, too tired
    Last hard: bits of yesterday's run were
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Familiar, Liam Payne and some other dude whose name I can't remember
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    very envious of the long runs gpoing on... well done all...

saw spprts thrapist on Thurs and he believes that my drop foot could be from my SI joint / nerves... mainly as I was on the roof when he started working on it..... loads of exercises and cutting back the miles for a little while to see if there is any improvement, or it will then be bext staepsm of Physio / GP etc...

A first yesterday though all 4 of us ran the same parkrun :-) Jnr even stepped aside for me to beat him.... (as it was my birthday bash yesterday - birthday not till Thursday though).

If i can get everything back in order I will get some coaching for Palma Half.... so that could be hard and fun.

Take care all

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Afternoon!

Sounds a fun parkrun, RFJ!

What: fitness suite followed by 2k which comprised 1k, then walk, 0.5 then walk then 0.5

Why: being careful. Knee did not feel as good as Friday but possibly because I had just worked the legs quite hard in the fitness suite whilst gazing out at the rain: it stopped around 11. Delayed start to cricket at Old Trafford where I am heading off to shortly. Still very grey.

Edit: arrived at cricket and floodlights are on
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Hope rain doesn't stop play for you today Alehouse.

This is being played on Radio 2 Benjy. I don't know how you do the late nights - or the hangovers, not something I suffer with fortunately but I can't imagine drinking knowing I was giving myself one!

Sounds like a nice family get together RFJ.

Hope you enjoyed the bike ride chicksta.

Did the weather hold for your gardening emzap?

Good to hear you enjoyed the cooler weather Poppy.

It was overcast and felt cooler for my run too and I had a better than expected one. Set out with the mindset that I didn't care how slow it was as long as I bimbled round and enjoyed it and was rewarded with a better run than of late. Unfortunately Mark wants to go to the gym this afternoon so poor tired legs are going to have to do some more work.

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    You could just stay in the cafe, LMH, eat cake and drink coffee!! :)

Benjy, hope the run cured the hangover.

alehouse,enjoy the cricket.

After some home gym work, an easy 5k for me today.  Legs tired after LSR yesterday.

Lyrics, nope! 
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well that was a tough 7.25, more due to the heat, very hot, not a single cloud, I really can't picture the scene of Old Trafford needing floodlights Ale, just too much of a contrast.

LMH: Going to keep an ear out for these lyrics then... And yes you are quite right, about knowing will be ill next day, people get sick of me saying between 6:30-9PM I'm taking it steady don't want to be ill, then at the strike of 10PM it is like a Cinderella at midnight moment that goes wrong and it's wahey. Still, don't drink during the week and have no 'boozey' events planned for the forthcoming few weeks (so quite relieved to be honest). Great your run turned out better than expected, great when that happens.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Where is this cool weather? Really hot here and struggling to keep cool at all.  Ditto the floodlights Benjy, very bright here!
  • Options
    What: Rest day. Not even a swim
    Why: visitors. Legs tired. Greyish wet day.
    Had planned kayaking but just a tad too much wind for our visitors (novices) I was intending taking out
    last hard: yesterday's 10k race
    last rest: today
    lyrics no
  • Options
    I'm too much of a lightweight for it to be an issue these days Benjy - couple of glasses of red and I've had it:-) Was fortunate not to suffer from hangovers when I was younger and drank a lot more. If you enjoy it and don't mind the morning after I guess you'll continue to do it - I would! No cafe at cheap as chips gym.

You sound a bit miserable about that OH - sorry you couldn't get out.

It brightened and warmed up here as the day progressed, washing has dried on the line in less than an hour.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sun came out here about 4, so the bizarre sight of the sun and floodlights on. Better than Orkney by the sounds of things!