Friday 10th August 2018 - All I need is a TV show, that and the radio

Morning.

Lyrics - All I need is a TV show, that and the radio

Definitely chilly here this morning and the forecast for Sunday is pretty pants. I'd like the heatwave back please! Apart from my back being 'as stiff as a board' which she thought might be attributed to my lack of mileage in the taper my physio pronounced me good to go so no excuses there.

What:           very short and easy/podiatrist
Why:            taper/increasing maintenance required to keep me on the road
Last hard:    managing work stress (better night last night and no work today though)
Last rest:     12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - well done
    Ale - that's exactly the one I have and in that colour too.
    Benjy - yesterday was weird weather wise: lunchtime easy was torrential around the Isle of Dogs. Wetter than a haddock's bathing costume. Left work - torrential rain. Get halfway home and it's stunning sunshine. 20 minutes later and I'm walking home under overcast skies with dark clouds threatening...
    Today is stunning, bright and blue again...

What - easy few miles
    Why - ticking over
    Running a 4x4x4 relay on Sunday so today & tomorrow will be easy.
    4 hours, 4 people a 4k (trail) loop. Teams run as many laps as possible in the 4 hours. One at a time and based on a ~18min average, we'll do 14 laps. 
    last rest - June
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - not sure I do
  • What: depends on how efficiently I get organized for going away tonight.
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest (from running) yesterday but still had good sea swim.
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: a partial yes. Can't remember the title but know who dun it.

Dustin: sounds like a fun event! Pace yourself!

OH: parkrun tourism?

What: either fitness suite or rest

Why: not pushing my luck. Ran for 20 minutes last night (although I had several stretch breaks in addition)

Cricket this evening. Last game at Old Trafford until next summer. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Sounds positive. Glad you got the sign-off.

Dustin: Crazy weather here too. Trail relay sounds fun.

Ale: Glad you got a run in.

OH: Safe travels. Hope it's not FlyMayBe again :)

Thunderstorms last night and it has cooled down - yay. Just temporarily though - boo. Incredibly windy at the moment. The wheelie bin dance type of wind. CNBA to run in that so I may pop out at lunchtime. Or I may run a 10k with a workmate tonight. For this I'd have to leave early though. I quite fancy a little dash through the woods, tbh. Not expecting any miracles as I'm untapered and just completing my second high mileage week in a row. Will report later what I end up doing.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

I am another who has a collection of spikey balls and tempted by the large one for to strengthen my Left ankle(injured foot is also my weak achilles side) I used to have a balance board no idea where it is....

OH: Safe travelling.

Ale: Sounds like positive steps are being made with your running:-) 

LMH:Enjoy the short and easy today:-)

Not a lot going on here hobble to sofa from chair to bed to Kitchen but it is getting slightly easier.

New shoes arriving today I can look longingly at them:-)
    Live each day as if it was your last  give it all you have to reap the rewards.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    these lyrics are so familiar.... I'll have a think
    Chick, I liked this nice cool running this morning
    alehouse!! Woopee, hope there are no adverse reactions, happy for you
    oh have a good trip
    dustin have fun the relay sounds good, my club are talking me into spitfire scramble next year
    LMH enjoy short and easy and maybe the podiatrist?

what: 2.5 miles easy t his morning
    why: last of the 5 mile series tomorrow it will be cooler I must be quicker??
    Last hard: this morning, cool but tired
    last rest: 31/12/16

off to see mummy in ramsgate after the race and may listen to the spurs game if it is on the radio as I drive there!
    Run well and have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Have a good one if you race chicksta.

That definitely sounds like progress and common sense Alehouse.

I like the sound of that relay Dustin.

Glad you can see some improvement Poppy.

My feet definitely feel better for her attentions Wabo. Race well and enjoy your time at the sea side with your mum.
  • Swim around Juniata done.
    No winged transport will be utilised this trip. Various errans done including purchase of spiky ball (£3.99).
    There are parkrun possibilities, AH, but neither particularly convenient Thurso as we come off ferry tomorrow and Fort William next week as we leave s/c accomodation.
    Bis Geos 12mile race on 25th (Westray)
  • Hope you have a safe journey and a pleasant break OH.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Wabo, good luck tomorrow.

LMH, glad you are good to go,hope the back eases.

Rest for me today.  Had a good 7 mile run inc. 16 x 1 min intervals with 1 min recovery yesterday and felt good by the end of the session. Loving my rest today though. 

Lyrics, not really.  
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

couple of rest days for me. Still very tired but at least it does seem to be getting better.

Will try a parkrun tomorrow and see how I feel.

Have a nice trip OH
    Yay for cooler weather Chick.
    WP how's the foot?
    LMH hope taper madness isn't driving you too mad.

Dustin enjoy the relay

Have a lovely evening all.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say: Yesterday's lyrics were Kool and the Gang, Too hot

Sounds positive, poppy. Hope you can put those new shoes to good use next week.

Em: perhaps a virus that you've now conquered. Glad you're feeling better.

Well, I did the 10k after all :D and bloody glad I went. It's a 10000m event on the track for the real fast guys and a run through the surrounding woods for the slowsters. A bit undulating and twisty turns but I liked it. GPS wonky due to tree cover so I just ran within myself and it paid off. My PB pre injury was 44:10 so that's pretty close. Happy :wink:

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice, Chick!

Freezing here: 13 degrees at cricket and windy. Where's my gloves?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.