Options

Thursday, 16 August 2018 - whenever I'm with you

Morning :)

Today's lyrics appropriate for another 30 degree day

Whenever I'm with you
Something inside starts to burn deep

Well done, wabo. Your race head is working perfectly :)

RFJ: Good to see you. Shame you're missing Race the train but good you're still allowed to run.

I'd normally do 13 or 14 miles today but since I'm cutting back a bit I'llprobably end up doing 10.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Well raced Wabo!

Unfortunately there is only so much we can pay people to do chicksta, it's a lot of work. I would you love your 30C - you can have our heavy rain and wind.

As well as the DIY I have a speech to finish for next Thursday, given the foul weather and the fact that it's supposed to be a recovery week after my half (though it's only three weeks until the next one) I may just play at the gym and do a short run later if the weather clears and my legs/back feel up to it. It wouldn't be much fun to run out there at the moment.

What:           unsure
    Why:            weather/body/jobs
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well raced SC & Wabo , good work!
    LmH - Sounds like a hectic DIY schedule. I find all the pre prep a chore too. That and disposal of rubbish.

What - U11 coaching
    Why - routine/active recovery
    last rest - Tuesday
    last hard - Greenwich hills yesterday. Slightly better run, but still was blowing a bit.
    A mate suggested some Brecon hill work this Saturday, that will help fatigue I'm sure!!
    Let's just say at the moment I'm undecided!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Well done, Wabo!

What: fitness suite during the day

Why: helping at the last of the club's 5k series this evening. May or may not have a short run at this.

Weather pretty foul here but is supposed to improve during the day.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Yeah, what happened to this heat wave? More rain, low mist, winds gusting to 30mph on tops with summit temps of 5-7°C!
    What: undecided

Waiting on new back door and replacing wrought iron guttering at home (leaking over bay window)
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You're all welcome to this stupid heat which just makes me slow. I'm completely fed up. Bring on autumn, please :)

Brecon hill work will be a good recovery, Dustin ;)

Ale: How are those knees and your back?

LMH: Sounds like a busy time. Hope you find some "me" time at the gym. I hate giving speeches. Luckily I don't have to in my job.

What: 10 miles
    Why: cutback week
    Last hard: these temps and it's muggy too
    Last rest: 21/6
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    thanks all, keeping weight on the down is helping and better training
    chick, nice one on 10 miles, where are you again?
    Oh hope you don't wait too long for the new door, you sound busy
    LMH you sounds very busy!!I'm same with DIY I always have to do some of it, it's too expensive 
    Dustin Brecon hill sounds hard, mind you so does greenwich!
    Alehouse, enjoy the fitness and if you run!

What: 1.25 recovery this morning, might stick in another little run later
    Why: I fancy to
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Good morning from North Wales. Bala again today and variety of weather systems driven through to get here. Bring back summer. Nice running Wabo. Have fun on the Brecon Dustin. OH/LMH you are both welcome to DIY...I've had a gutful last two years and now need some professional help...but it might have to wait.
    Enjoy the pared back 10 Chicksta. Keep it going Ale.
    What: Debatable
    Why: Dependent on timings and how I feel about tomorrow's 10K
    Last Hard: Yesterday for some reason. Treacley legs
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Yes but no longer appropriate where we are :-)
  • Options
    Hope your weather improves OH - it dried up here after I'd walked Grace and managed to write a little more of the speech so I made it out for a short and easy. Planning the gym this afternoon.

Wabo - I'd love to pay someone to do it all but it's not happening and there's too much that I can't do myself since my accident, I used to do all my own decorating  :(

Hope the weather is ok for the race this evening Alehouse.

SC - I've been putting this off for a long time hoping I'd be able to do more myself but have had to bite the bullet as was getting too embarrassed to have people round.

I'm sure you'll be sensible Dustin.................

chicksta - it's not part of my job either. I was asked to be the keynote speaker and tried to get out of it but they countered all of my objections (travel, loss of earning etc) and I ran out of excuses. Mark said they must be really keen to have me, I thought more desperate. I don't mind speaking in front of large audiences (I've done a little bit of guest lecturing) it's thinking of relevant, interesting stuff to fill forty minutes when I can't really get any interaction from the audience and I'm running out of time as it's next week.
  • Options
    Afternoon

The weather is perfect for running.

What 10 minutes with hand weights

Why broken foot

Last hard Take a guess

D day 40 days to go

Lyrics nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Definitely not DIY. Waiting on joiner and builder!
    2h messing around with SUP paddleboards today.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great racing Wabo and SC too, hope you do the 10K tomorrow.

After a day of rest, tested out my knee and it seems to have recovered quickly.  As my clubmates say, I am fairly robust and just crack on, seems to work for me.  Made sure there was plenty of ups and downs and did 10 miles, last 8 of which took less than ana hour after I got my confidence to run on the knee.  No ill effects at the moment.

Lyrics, nope.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

At least you managed something, WP! And what were yesterday's lyrics?!

Sounds good, Don!

Fitness suite d&d. May have to run this evening to dodge the raindrops: it has just started pouring.

Chick: having to manage both the back and the knee, and indeed the Achilles still which is one of the main reasons for going to the fitness suite to use the leg press machine to stretch it out. Back does not react well to ironing, gardening or diy. Think it is just taking a long time to regain strength.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    It's a start Poppy - doing what you can is better than doing nothing. Now we need you to get that yoga mat out and on with some core work, you'll have abs of steel by the time you return to running  :)

Nice recovery Donaldo.

Sounds as though your weather is the opposite of ours today Alehouse - dry, bright and breezy now.

I like to play on a SUP OH but only when it's warm enough that I don't mind falling in!
  • Options
    Sorry slipped my mind lyrics yesterday were Billy Ocean When the going gets tough.

Lmh  I guess I can do the core work will have to get into a routine.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks WP

"A quitter never wins
    A winner never quits
    When the going gets tough
    The tough get going"

Another song with the same line: Randy Newman's Memo to My Son. Might adopt this as a new saying!