Friday 17th August 2018 - Time has come to say goodbye

Morning.

Lyrics - Time has come to say goodbye

I was hoping to do a LSR today but despite a better night's sleep and a dry, still morning it's not going to happen as I've only just dragged myself out of bed and feel wiped out. Had a shorter run yesterday and laid off the DIY so I'm not sure why I'm not feeling brighter but c'est la vie, this is how it is. I'm not going to drag myself round for the sake of it.

What:          short and easy
Why:           I'll feel worse if I don't run
Last hard:   getting up this morning
Last rest:    12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    I know that wiped out feeling LmH. Best decision is indeed to go out for an easy plod and not worry about anything more. Good luck writing up the presentation!

What - easy lunchtime 6 or 7
    Why - getting out there
    last rest - Tuesday
    last hard - Wednesday probably.
    Gave the legs a brief fire up yesterday, 2.5 miles only but with 6x100s at mile pace (stride straights, jog bends). Then coaching long jump with the juniors.
    lyric - yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: rest day from training

Why: part of the cautious return (actually may do a few stretches and roll that spiky ball)

All being well will parkrun tomorrow (Burnage in case OL is about).
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics...nope
    Dustin/LMH am in the wiped out feeling club today but will endeavor to shake off by tonight. Struggling to get out of bed all week...For me symptomatic of the dog coming for a visit but there's no rhyme or reason, hope I'm wrong. LMH hope the brain cells join up and you write the presentation you think you want. Ale: Sensible.
    WP...work that core and stay positive.
    What: Westonbirt 10K
    Why: Signed up for the run/burger/beer and fancy the latter two
    Last hard: Realising no state to go for a time tonight or tomorrow
    Last Rest: Technically yesterday!
    Later peeps. Have a good day all
  • Morning,

SC: Good luck tonight and enjoy the burger and beer afterwards.I hope that dog staays away for you!

LMH : I hope you have more energy soon.

Ale:I hope the rest day  works for you

Dustin:I hope legs are playing ball today.

What: 150 bicycle crunches,10 minutes hand weights, 150 bicycle crunches+ wiggling my toes
    Why:All i can do and will keep me positive
    Last hard: really;-)
    Lyrics: Nope

Have a great Friday:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Enjoy the beer and burger SC and just see the 10k as making room for them  :) I think a lot of mine is stress related, let's hope we can both stay on top of it.

Good on you Poppy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Same here. Must be a forum bug. I'm feeling completely washed out and could not drag myself out of bed this morning. Didn't help that it was another disrupted night, waking up multiple times, soaked in sweat. A few people in the office are sick and knowing my luck I picked this up just before my half on Sunday. Sigh. Will try and sleep it off tomorrow.

SC: Hope you can keep the dog at bay. Maybe you feel better running with a bunch of people tonight. Fingers crossed.

Ale: Enjoy park run tomorrow

Poppy: Well done

Dustin: I may copy that brief fire up and drag myself to the gym today for a short treadmill blast

LMH: Sorry to hear that. It's probably the repercussions from the work stress and DIY. Dustin is right. Just an easy plod will help mentally and shouldn't strain your further physically.

What: something short at the gym
    Why: drained
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Heatwave, Martha and the Vandellas

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Donaldo, you must be tough, think me too! Glad knee ok
    WP I'm off to see Billy Ocean November, treating OH, didn't even know if he liked him, anyway he's well happy! Good work today, keep going x
    LMH sensible head on there!
    Dustin, you coach long jump!!! That sounds scary... Nice training 
    alehouse, hope you park run tomorrow
    Chicksta, may those bugs stay away! Enjoy the gym

I am off to Ibiza tomorrow evening for 3 days with Jodie and Cleo, to see Cleos dad as he is dj ing in a Reggae beach bar. All a bit mad! So I need to convince OH to take me to park run am then I'll treat him to breakfast.

What: 1mile this morning, another one later
    why: time constraints, ticking over
    last hard: this morning a little
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great weekend, i don't know if I will have internet but I'll try.  Also I have to keep the streak going in a foreign land, could be a mile only each day!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's one cray-zee family you have there, wabo :D  Ibiza, my word! Enjoy :)

Feeling loads better for getting out at lunchtime. Nearly canned it but so glad I didn't. Only half an hour on the TM but I threw in 5 * 600m reps and they woke me up. Put some really cheesy techno music on and had a blast. So whatever germs hit me I just burned them to ashes. Air con wasn't working so it was a proper sweat fest.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ha ha Chicksta I guess so!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Put your hands up in the air, wabo, and party on!  

Have a great time.

Bit sore in various places today so having another wee rest.  Currently enjoying a guinness so should be well fuelled for tomorrow. 
  • What: 15 wet miles on LastLegOfWHW/GlencoeHalf route 
    Why: West Highland (but not Munro summiting) weather
    Last hard: see above (unlikely now to do FW parkrun tomorrow)
    Last rest: don't be silly, I'm on holiday!  ;)
    Lyrics no

Weather has been totally cr@p this week even allowing for being in West Highlands.
    Off to Keswick tomorrow for more rain ...
  • What: 15 wet miles on LastLegOfWHW/GlencoeHalf route 
    Why: West Highland (but not Munro summiting) weather
    Last hard: see above (unlikely now to do FW parkrun tomorrow)
    Last rest: don't be silly, I'm on holiday!  ;)
    Lyrics no

Weather has been totally cr@p this week even allowing for being in West Highlands.
    Off to Keswick tomorrow for more rain ...
  • LMH: Sorry to hear you are off salts at the moment, hope things pick up

Welsh: That's really, really positive, where there's a way.

Wabo: Enjoy Ibiza! Ahem... don't forget your glow stick

Don: I bet you're sore, you have been getting some in there recently. Enjoy the pint.

SC: A hat trick there then... run, burger, pint, sounds a perfect combination

Chicksta: Cheesy techno ha ha ha, nice one, don't know which to congratulate you on, getting through the cheesy techno or treadmill routine. Tiptop.

OH: I need the weather nice in Scotland tomorrow, can you do something about it please?

Ale: Spikey ball! I still need to get one.

Sorry been AWOL last couple of days, been super busy trying to get things sorted before going to Ireland. Didn't even get my run in yesterday either, probably good thing really to rest lower ab muscles, still playing up. Just did a 10 miler got  pain around mile 7 for about a mile then it eased off a bit. Annoying.

Heading for Scotland early tomorrow, then ferry to Ireland and drive across to the west coast. Like Captain Cook's voyage in my Suzuki cereal box, two days of driving. Will be AWOL for two weeks and have no Internet over there where I'm stopping, postcards only and teletext. Will be getting plenty of running in though, looking forward to that, will see family, drink pints then run it off.

What: 10 miler

Why: Because if I didn't it wouldn't feel right

Lyrics: I think so

• The rain is following us to NW England!?

So I guess the M6/A75 to Stranraer will be wet too.

A few  years back, 2 of our teenage children opted to stay with their cousins in Omagh, NI rather than continue to Donegal with expensive texts and devoid of technological distractions!

A virtual wave if we pass on the M6, Benjy!