Sunday 19th August 2018 - They pull up their chairs to the table

Morning.

Lyrics - They pull up their chairs to the table

Race well chicksta. Grey, windy and forecast to be wet soon here - you are more than welcome to it!

emzap - I picked Grace's water bowl up and somehow pulled the bottom of my back on the left quite badly. My whole back on that side seems a bit vulnerable at the minute, it hasn't settled since I upset it with the DIY. Good to hear that you enjoyed your time off and your return to running. Hope you're over whatever it was.

I had an awful night last night, woke at 0100hrs having a stressy work dream and then couldn't get back to sleep for two hours due to the noise (bass and a little more) of a concert/band somewhere. No idea who/what/where, we can sometimes hear the festivals at Castle Donington if the win is in the right direction but I don't think there was anything on there and they never usually go on that late. Eventually dropped off after 0300hrs before being woken by the wind at 0500hrs. It could be a long day. Back feels a bit better than when I went to bed, every time I sat still yesterday it would stiffen up so I wasn't sure what was going to happen overnight but it's not too bad at the minute. I'd like to run long tomorrow so need to work out what it's best to do today to make that achievable.

What:           I don't know
Why:            see above
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     12/6.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "Say a Little Prayer", covered in particular by Aretha Franklin, who passed away on Friday.

Sorry you had a dreadful night, LMH; mine was much better after yesterday's dreadful lack of sleep. Extremely wet and windy here already. I imagine the prospects for cricket in Nottingham are not very good.

What: fitness suite

Why: ran yesterday so being sensible. May or may not tag a very short run on the end.

Looking forward to the report, Chick! Go well!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

SC: Well done on race sorry about episode but you raced and did all you could so a win win in my book:-)

Chick : Good luck today for your half I hope you have better weather today.

LMH: Sorry to hear about your awful night I hope back eases up  for you today!

Ale:Enjoy fitness suite sounds like your weather is better indoors today.Well done 100 pr yesterday

What: 100 bicycle crunches and some hand weights
    Why: All I can manage
    Last hard: Foot
    Lyrics:NO but I knew yesterday's

I managed 100 BC yesterday so tum is tender and moaning but will do what I can to stop me going nuts:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good luck today chicksta, wish we could send you some cool weather.  Wet and windy up here today too.

Hope you have a better night tonight LMH.

Feeling fine this morning so might brave the weather for a run a little later.  With school starting tomorrow, I will spend most of the day at work getting things ready.  I am training 10 or so of our youngest teachers to be effective middle leaders and need to do some final prep for that too.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • Well done on your century, AH  :) love the cow!
    impressive intervals despite the cardiac lottery, SC

Now in Keswick. Not actually raining despite horrendous forecast. Haven't made any plans yet. Meeting up with son and his GF in middle of week.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 32km done with walking breaks
    Why: needed to see if I could do it. Missed the turning so ended up running the whole way to Worcester and getting the train home then run from station. Was perfectly 31.5 km :)
    Last hard: that was. The run was into the wind the whole way!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope it went well chick.
    Ow lmh hope that eases soon
    WP keep going with the attempts to stay sane!
    Don sounds like a busy start to the term

Have a lovely day all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nice running emzap, great distance.

10 miles for me this morning, building up to a decent pace.  First half just over 39 mins then about 36:20 for the last 5 miles.  Felt good and legs felt well recovered from yesterday’s distance.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you had such a rough night, LMH. I hope you managed a little run to make you feel better.

Well done, em. Back in the game.

You're doing so well, poppy.

Not much to report here. I was in good spirits yesterday as the forecast said cloudy and 20 degrees. Slept extraordinarily well for once and I thought I was on for a good time (I had 1:36-1:37 in my head as that used to be our benchmark for a sub 3:30 marathon). It's a 2.5 hour drive up to the coast and my spirits sank as enemy number one was out: a stiff breeze. It was still a bit overcast as we watched the marathoners set off an hour before us. Then the kids races followed. I love watching those! All kids have this amazingly perfect running form. And then enemy number two showed up: sun. Did about 3 k as a warm-up in a side road sweating sightly. Bummer. This was not going to be easy. Gun went and off we were. Onto cobbles. FFS! After nearly hitting the deck twice I switched into sensible mode and ran marathon pace. Secretly still hoping to find some welly on the second lap if all went to plan. This is Northern Germany. Flat as a pancake, right? Wrong! The landscape is flat alright but the course involves loads and loads of ramps up and down bridges and underpasses. So no long hills but short, nasty and energy sapping climbs. My Garmin recorded nearly 100m of total ascent. It's not much over the course but these were all short and steep and that hurt a bit. Very tight bends too and about one third of the course is cobbles. I held onto MP ok but had no second gear to speed up on lap no. 2. So, a decent enough 1:44:25 for 21.3k. 7th woman overall and 2nd W50. Luckily Berlin is flat and has no tight corners. And if it's a few degrees cooler I might still be in with a chance ;)
    Winning time was 1:21 for the men and 1:36 for the women.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stayed dryish for Fairfield from Grasmere but zero visibility for most of walk.
    Good report and sensibly run, Chicksta :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done, Chick! Looking at the winning times, the wind, the temperature, the turns, the inclines, the cobbles etc you are in good shape! Those little inclines over bridges are strength sapping! 

Nice long run, Emz!

Weather has been pretty grim here as well, OH! When it hasn't been raining it has been grey. Had the lights on in the house all day! Another of the uni girls did her 100th parkrun yesterday at Thurso...and today was moving on to Orkney! She and boyfriend are in the midst of a five week cycle tour of Scotland and beyond.

Looking at the weather in Nottingham for the test it looked reasonable from around 11. Unlike the cricket. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • "Scotland and beyond ..." ??
    Orkney and Shetland are (or have been since 1472) part of Scotland ;)
    .. or are they going further afield?

Will be on Westray for BisGeos 12 on Saturday so can't say hello to them  :(
  • Shame about the cricket :(