Options

Monday 20th August 2018 - I'm growing old and I want to go home

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm growing old and I want to go home

Sounds like a sensible run chicksta.

It did brighten and dry up here Alehouse but was quite windy until late afternoon.

I didn't do anything yesterday apart from about eight miles of walking (just in everyday life rather than going for a walk) but back is still not great this morning. I think I've worked out what caused the problem (whilst it went picking Grace's water bowl up I think it was pulling a trolley case with two laptops in on Friday that made it vulnerable if that makes sense?) which gives me more work stress <<sigh>>

What:            going to try a short, easy run
Why:             I need it for my sanity
Last hard:     it's all hard at the minute
Last rest:      20/8

Yesterday's lyrics - She's Falling Apart by Lisa Loeb.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Chick :Well done on sensible option for your race.I am sure all will go well for Berlin:-)

LMH: I hope you can get out for a short run and enjoy it.

What: some bicycle crunches and sleeping
    Why: all i can do
    Last hard: Broken foot
    Lyrics Nope

I seem to be able to sleep a lot which is a good sign 37 days to go:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    LmH - take it easy and hopefully you had a better night's sleep last night
    Ale - well done on the park run tally
    Chick - solid performance at your half, so well done. All shaping up nicely.
    SC - good work on the 10k and that's solid distance Emz!
    Don - great pace over 26+ miles, especially on variable terrain
    Wonder if Wabo is still raving?

What - steady lunchtime miles
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 6 days
    last hard - possibly Saturday.
    Headed to the Brecons for some training: Morning was a 'run' loop of Corn Du, Pen-y-Fan & Cribyn.
    Weather was fine until you got above 600m then it was a combination of cloud, rain and howling winds.
    Spent the afternoon with navigation/orienteering practice using map and compass over some of the less traveled fells. knee deep grass, swamp and plenty of clambering up and down. Visibility was less than 50m in places. Morning was around 8-9 miles, afternoon around 5. All in was about 3,500 feet of ascent. 
    Yesterday was 10 easy trail miles.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds tough in the Brecons, Dustin!

Hope the back eases, LMH!

Keep on working on the core, WP

Hope the legs are nicely tired today, Chick!

OH: badly phrased! I should have send mainland Scotland and beyond. Not sure of the itinerary. 

What: not sure

Why: can't decide between run, run/walk/fitness suite. Will certainly do something. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all from sunny Ibiza!
    Lyrics no
    Poppy ((()))

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sorry had to go video pool skylarking! 
    How all doing? 
    Cleo is nagging I have to get in the pool
    What 1.6 miles round the block
    Why streak and not knowing where I am
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 31/12/16
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha Dustin I've not been raving in fairness but the island is
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'd rather be there by that poolside than stuck at my desk, wabo. Looks great.

LMH: Sorry to read about your ongoing woes. Any chance your physio can work some magic?

Sleep is a good healer, poppy.

50m visibility in the mountains sounds pretty scary, Dustin. Glad you managed to come back down in one piece.

Ale: Enjoy whatever you end up doing.

Legs felt surprisingly bouncy this morning. Wasn't expecting this at all and had a lie in. Had I known how good I'd feel I would have dragged my tired butt out of bed earlier :)

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: being sensible after yesterday
    Last hard: those darn cobbles
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Looks like someone is having fun Wabo. LMH : Hope you pick up and back eases soon. Chicksta: Looking sensible there, good effort. May be back out for Berlin half in April. Ale: Easy does it. Dustin: I'm impressed with your idea of easy. 
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Lunchtime bimble with colleagues and tkd tonight
    Why: It's Monday
    Last hard: parkrun Sat
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    I'm not sure that sounds like fun to me Dustin but I think you enjoyed it?

Enjoy the sun Wabo.

Good news chicksta, shows you were running well within yourself at that pace, bodes well for the marathon. I'm hoping not to have to spend more money on physio only having been there last week but will try for a cancellation if it doesn't ease soon.

I would love to be able to do a crunchie at the moment Poppy - probably as much as you'd love to be able to run.

Enjoy whatever you decide on Alehouse.

Don't go breaking anyone today SC  :)

Resting yesterday doesn't seem to have done anything for my back and it certainly didn't help my mood so I set off for a run this morning keeping it close to home in case I needed to walk back. The left leg is definitely still restricted and I can feel my back when running but it doesn't get any worse and eases off as long as I'm not running downhill and am careful on kerbs and cambers. Unfortunately it seems to cease up again as soon as I stop but I managed a comfortable though not fast MLR this morning.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.

back from Wales, parkrun went, so did the leg again at 2m.... more slow runs done with physio exercises, parkrun consists of my weelky long run at present.....

loosing the mojo and will at present as so frustrated.... back to the physio on Friday, may then consider going to docs as well as no improvement at present...

Take care all (Mr Grumpy)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about the leg, RFJ. Sadly parkrun is my long at present as well. 

What: 4k run plus lots of walking every couple of minutes

Why: if parkrun is my long run, that must be MLR. Managed to find a pleasant window of time between showers. Ibiza, and indeed Nottingham, sound rather sunnier than here. Grey at best for the majority of the time. Still and humid.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Poor you, RFJ. I can relate. Took me forever to get to the bottom of my issues. So frustrating. Hang in there!

It's all relative. A year ago I was still running zero ...

Pic from yesterday - happily leading a small group up one of those silly ramps

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Far too casual, Chick! Incline looks too steep! At least you know Berlin is flat.
  • Options
    Looking too happy and appears you have flying feet...bodes well for Berlin. 
    Sympathy RFJ. Which Welsh parkrun did you do?
    Happy to report no one broken but slow11k in 1.05 or 9.38mm/6mk
  • Options
    I see what you mean about the slopes chicksta - annoying - though you seem to be enjoying it  :)

Sorry to hear that things aren't improving RFJ.

No one broken is good and slow is the new fast SC.

Good to see you getting back to consistent running Alehouse - distance and speed will come.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    SC - Did Dolgellau 25:50, a nice out and back 2 lap course (my splits wree not good reading as progressivley slow as leg fatigued (a far cry from the consistant pace the week before, hence the frustration of not knowing when the leg is going into fatigue and not responding).....

Lol at the MLR Ale

Good pic Chick

Thanks all
  • Options
    Buttermere 10 route (wet)
    While we're here
    Last hard: most days just now
    Last rest: pre holiday
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done chicksta, sorry it never went to plan but looking good in the pic!

RFJ, sorry to hear you are still having issues, best of luck at the physio.

5 miles steady after work.  Forgot how hard it is to run straight after work.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: rest
    Why: being sensible
    Last hard: sleeping. OH got home from USA last night so jet lag kept him up last night
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh and rfj sounds frustrating for both of you at the moment
    Wabo jealous! Have a lovely holiday
    Dustin sounds challenging
    SC good to hear no one broken
    Ale wish it was raining in Nottingham!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh so sorry to hear about your back, howh it eases soon
    Chicksta another great running photo
    Currently looking at Jupiter, and Venus through binoculars. Amazing