Thursday, 23 August 2018 - Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans

Morning :)

Lyrics today: Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans

Yesterday's were Insomnia, Faithless

Didn't cool down much overnight but I'm still hoping for an MLR. Another hot day today and then they promised us a proper break from the heat. Hope it's true.

Ale/em: I've never had air in my eyes... Should I be worried?

SC: had to laugh at 'getting the wimp to run'

Hope Benjy is enjoying his holiday.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Was just going to start the thread as yet again I can't sleep .

Air in the eyes is a pressure test for glaucoma, Chick. 

What: undecided

Why: need some sleep first! 

Wet and 12 degrees yesterday evening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: hoping to do 12km after work
    Why: only 7 weeks to go
    Last hard: Sunday
    Lyrics: nope

Chick it was the first time I'd had it. 
    Have a lovely day all
  • Morning

Chick I hope the cooler weather arrives for you as planned.Good luck with MLR

EM: I have the test every 6 months once at hospital and at opticians. what  race is in 7 weeks?

SC:I hope the car  was sorted out and you find a non broken chap to run with today.

What: Usual
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard Usual
    Lyrics : yes

It was a tough night to sleep humidity was up as I had both bedroom fans on. I feel a nap later.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope you manage the miles you want and get the cooler weather chicksta.

You’re doing great Poppy, keep at it.

Hope you can find a running companion for today SC.

Did you get some sleep Alehouse?

I’m not happy about the work situation Donaldo but I feel much better so I think it’s the right thing. Hopefully it will lead to new and exciting things - or life as a full time athlete ?

Dark and wet when I got up this morning and Bristol has changed a lot since Mark lived here so my run was shorter than I was planning but still a good way to start the day and settle the nerves a little.

What:             Short and easy
    Why:               It’s better than not running
    Last hard:      Finding somewhere I felt comfortable running this morning 
    Last rest:        19/8

Lyrics - possibly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Morning again!

Chilly! 9 degrees! Feels colder!

Hope the speech goes down well, LMH. And yes, got a couple of hours more sleep. As a full time athlete you would need to race more to pay the bills!

What: have decided on the fitness suite followed by a short run. Probably wait until after Popmaster.

Why: Thursday is usually an evening session but want to watch T20 match on TV this evening. And everything stops for Popmaster.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    What - easy running and U11 coaching
    Why - routine & recovery
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes indeed

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

13 miles done - legs were doing ok, but got a bit tired towards the end. HR didn't budge and pace was OK for the effort/temperature/humidity. 

Had niggly left knee for the first couple of miles and a niggly right knee shortly after. Both disappeared mid-run. Strange.

One more 20+ on Saturday or Sunday and then it's time to cut back properly.

LMH: always challenging to find a safe place to run for us girls. Men have it easier. Fingers crossed for your speech. Life as a full time athlete sounds the way to go. You have the talent.

Ale: I'm yearning for 9 degrees.

No glaucoma or cataract issues here. I'm just your standard short-sighted person. Blind as a bat without contact lenses ;)

Enjoy your post Popmaster run, ale.

I feel like a nap too, poppy. Doesn't go down too well in the office though :D

Right, back to reviewing the translation of a 38 page commercial lease agreement. Yawn. I find it very hard to focus today :(

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    lyrics oh yes
    Chicksta nice miles
    dustin have a good thursday coaching and easy
    alehouse how did popmaster go? Have a good run
    LMH, I need to read back it seems in regards to you and work.. I only did tiddly runs the whole time in Ibiza for the same reason
    wp, hope you are ok, foot healing

Trip to Ibiza was a success and so so nice. But I was head in sick bag flying back and again when we got off the plane.  NOt travel sick, something I ate I think.  Very odd for me I've never had that!!  So I didn't do thelast 5k last night, sensible head said only a mile
    what: it is day 600 so I hoped for 6 something, not sure now
    why: still feel a bit tired and peaky
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Chick: You have done so well this campaign to come back and train as hard as you have for your marathon is very impressive. Are you sure you can not get away with a nap :)

Wabo: Glad you got home safe and sound and had a good time in Ibiza.  Sorry to hear about the problem with food poisoning?

I am fine well as fine as I can be but down to 2 lots of painkillers a day and foot is feeling better less painful which helps.It gives me confidence to think my foot will be okay after it's confinement in the boot,which has been a worry.
    I will be trying to strengthening foot when it is better as this foot is my achilles foot.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Glad that the trip was a success, Wabo, although not good to hear that you were unwell. I was as bad at Popmaster as ever!

What: a reasonable session in the fitness suite followed by 17 minutes running. Felt quite good after 5 minutes...but it didn't last!

Why: getting back to things. Need to build up slowly. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wp I am guessing it was that. not sure really, very strange! Good that you can build that one up then and hopefully the achilles along with it. 
    Alehouse, nice slowly slowly 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • (((Benchies/sick/ill/injured) Hmm. Bugs and breaks and goodness knows what else. A sorry lot we are. Keep it going Emz. Nice miles Chicksta. Car due to be finished in half an hour but been told to brace myself for the bill on arrival!
    What: 5 miles steady with alternative wimp
    Why: Other one's turn to be broken
    Last hard: Hearing the car news
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Oh yes
  • Hope you're feeling better now Wabo.

I said full time Alehouse, not professional  :)

I often have that with niggles chicksta. How many weeks to go now?

I hope the bill isn't too bad SC.

No reason your foot shouldn't be just as strong if not stronger than before Poppy.

Are you feeling a bit bouncier Dustin?

Speech seemed to go well, lots of unexpected positive feedback which was nice and a good drive home but boy am I tired, it took it out of me.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, LMH! These things are exhausting though! 

Hope you haven't broken the bank, SC...or another training partner!
  • On boat home after wettest holiday in memory! Complete change at car after going up Gt Gable yesterday.

Just had clutch replaced in van (16yo). Have now just nursed car to Keswick and back also with slipping clutch, avoiding all high torque situations. Did wonder if it was going to make it up Honnister pass with 4 bods!

12 mile Bis Geos race on Saturday. Although this is on Westray, one of the outer Orkney islands, it ends up being a weekend event with overnight as there is a post race BBQ then an evening ceilidh and buffet.
    (Did I mention Westray weddings which are likewise usually 3 days duration!)

This will be first real test of painful soles as will be longest distance on road since marathon at start of July.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ended up doing 11.5 km progressive. Felt great but I should learn that progressive runs are much harder where hills are involved!

Sc hope car isn't too painful.
    Well done lmh
    Oh sounds like a party!