Friday 24th August 2018 Funny but it's true

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Funny, but it's true
What loneliness can do

Pouring here, which may affect what I do

What: a walk

Why: need to be careful and not overload the running yet. Walking may be an important contribution to getting back to things without injury. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Quiet on here this morning

What: rest
    Why: being sensible
    Last hard: progression run last night though it was fun too
    Lyrics: maybe

Ale hope the rain eases.

Have a good day all
  • Morning.

I think walking is very underrated Alehouse. Hope the rain stops and you can enjoy it. A windy, chilly but bright day here so far but rain forecast for later and it's going to be a chilly, windy and wet Bank Holiday looking at the forecast. August? Really?

My safety concerns yesterday were as much about not tripping over as anything chicksta. I thought a phone call to say that I was in A&E having 'done a Poppy' would be an extreme way to get out of giving my speech at the conference  :)

Hope you get nice weather for the weekend OH and that your feet don't trouble you.

What:             MLR
    Why:              I can and I wanted to
    Last hard:      Looking at the forecast for the long weekend
    Last rest:       19/8

Lyrics - maybe.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not stopped raining yet, and yes, it is very quiet on here today!

Emz: thinking about getting tickets for finals day on 15th September! Or rather my eldest is trying to twist my arm!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    alehouse very sensible, I can see why.  You must feel good getting back out again though
    lmh did the speech go well? enjoy the MLR
    emzap also sensible

Did my run this morning via the cemetery to water the rose I put there. My first granddaughter would have been 18 today.  Can't deny, tears in my eyes.  It's so sad. Then ran swiftly past the Krays - eerie.
    What: 2.5 miles see above
    why: 24/8/2000
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

I was thinking to do a local park run and try really hard to beat my best time there, I need 28.20 ish.  But now I have found out I am playing Padel tennis for 2 hours not 1 later..... Hey ho we will see!

Have a good weekend all, race well rest well, keep sensible x
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    That's a very sad morning for you Wabo. And get stuck in at parkrun! I should be doing one but gently, not that anything is gentle as yet!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    ((wabo)) thinking about you today.

Ale where?
  • Thoughts are with you Wabo. Enjoy the parkrun and if a pb comes it's a bonus.
    Sensible Ale, sensible! You too Emz.
    LMH: Hope it's a good run and the feedback on speech atches.
    Car nightmare on intermission. :-) 4 new tyres last week, service Monday, new alternator. I've bought several cars for less!!! At least I got 5 good miles in yesterday!
    What: Nowt
    Why: Up in N.Wales today instead of yesterday and tapering for parkrun/half mara weekend
    Last Hard: Forking out
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Emz, T20 finals day, Edgbaston on Saturday 15th September. Lancashire beat Kent yesterday to qualify.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ah sorry to hear Wabo , hugs with you.
    SC, OH, you have my sympathies with your respective mechanical woes.
    LmH - yes, mojo returning. I think it was a few sessions of nothing really going that well that I think we all have to stumble through. Each session is merely just a bit part in the master plan. To be honest a cracking day out in the Brecons last week was a useful bum kick. Ask me tomorrow after track session though....

What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - sun is out, the sky is blue
    last rest - last Tuesday
    last hard - Tuesday
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Not many tickets left ale (and v expensive now too!). Would be a great one to go to though.

SC was that 5 miles run or in the car :tongue:
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I've been twice before, Emz! One was brilliant but the second was freezing cold and wet. They release more tickets for the four participating clubs next Tuesday morning.

Still raining so no walk yet.
  • Morning,

I did get up at my running time 3 am a first since fall but after an hour I went back to bed.I was going to start thread but could not think of lyrics.

LMh: Thank goodness you did not do a me!!

Wabo: How sad thinking of you xx

SC: I hope the car will be okay after an overhaul!

Ale: No rain here but Sunday is looking bleak.

What: Crunches
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Broken foot
    Lyrics'Yes

Race number arrived for Swansea 10k much muttering could be heard .But I can feel improvement only 1 lot of pain killers yesterday and I seem to be more mobile with the boot.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I was too tired to get up this morning! Amazingly managed to get back to sleep at 4am and only woke up 3 hours later. Body must have needed the additional zzz

Wabo: :'(   that's so sad re. your granddaughter.

This is the second time someone is mentioning Padel tennis. I still have no clue what it is. I thought it was a typo and meant table tennis :D   but I guess not

Em: Nice progression run yesterday.

LMH: Glad your speech went well. Typical bank holiday weather then... some things never change. No bank holiday here until October sadly.

SC: Oh dear. Bloody typical. It's always more work (and more money) than you expect. I've never been surprised by a lower than expected garage bill. It seems that no matter what it is, I always have to fork out a grand.

Poppy: Progressing in the right direction.

What: 6 x 1k intervals (cheated and did them on the TM)
    Why: leg speed
    Last hard: waking up
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were easy :)   Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks all, it is sad.  But I do have my other 4 gorgeous  Grandchildren.  I always say I have 5 - never leave the first one out. 
    Chicksta I let you know how much pain I am in tomorrow!!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had to google lyrics, very clever alehouse
  • A sad day Wabo. What is padel tennis? Feedback from speech was very positive thank you.

We have had some heavy showers Alehouse, I hope you managed to find a dry spell to get out in.

Sounds like progress Poppy.

You must have needed the sleep chicksta.

Running somewhere different is generally good for the mojo I find Dustin. What's next race wise?

Sounds like a packed weekend as ever SC.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
      Afternoon!

Glad you liked the lyrical  connection, Wabo! And yes, what is padal tennis?

And good that you got positive feedback, LMH? You'll be on the after dinner speaking circuit before you know it!

Run and race well, SC!

Walked to the shops for a paper as the sun had come out: it is only 500 metres but on the way back got absolutely soaked to the skin! 
    Managed to find a second break in the clouds and this time managed half an hour's walk; got back to the house and the heavens have opened again. I can't decide whether it is November or April. 
  • 4 mile loosener coupled with gathering brick from beach and assessing jellyfish population.

Needed after long day travelling yesterday.

Today felt hard - hopefully see some benefit tomorrow

Last rest: technically yesterday, in reality, Tuesday

Lyrics no but I should have got yesterday's!

Joiner coming to fit new back door on Monday.