Sunday, 26 August 2018 - Cold enough to chill my bones

Morning

9 degrees this morning :+1:  matching lyrics: Cold enough to chill my bones

Very well done OH and Els at their race and SC and Wabo at PR.

LMH: If you feel the gym will upset your back, leave it.

Wabo: Padel tennis sounds fun. Like a cross between tennis and squash. Enjoy your spa day.

Dustin: You seem to like those super fast, super hard sessions.

Ale: Hope body is not grumbling too much today.

What: last LSR
Why: 3 weeks to go
Last hard: starting not to panic
Last rest: 21/6

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Driftwood by Travis.

Taper time already chicksta? Hope you've had a good one. You have nothing to panic about, you have put together a really consistent campaign.

Nice running Wabo. Enjoy today.

Great that your feet weren't an issue and you had a good day OH.

Nice session Dustin.

Glad you managed some chill out time Donaldo.

Thanks for the comments on the non-gym. I must admit though that whilst I'm keeping moving my bits of DIY are currently short and easy. My back is definitely easing but still not good - and it's been over a week  :(

What:            short and easy
    Why:             in laws coming for lunch
    Last hard:     dealing with the work changes
    Last rest:      19/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

One calf is grumbling a little, Chick: will be icing, foam rollering and sticking the spiky ball into it! As LMH says you have put in a good block of training: stay well and back off the running and the gym during the taper. Better undertrained than over, of course!

What: fitness suite

Why: I ran harder than I should have yesterday so being sensible. 

Well done yesterday, Wabo

Go well today, SC! And anyone else pinning a number on of course. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday. Worcester pitchcroft parkrun, 24:44.followed by 10 miles of walking between different worcestershire open studios locations

Today hoping for something before arrival of guests

Well done oh! How was the dancing?
    Ale I'm glad I motivated. I flagged in that km yesterday and walked for 45 sec!  Hope I didn't cause you any damage! The friends we visited then are the ones coming today!
    Lmh be careful!
    Wabo great running!
    Don sorry to hear about work woes
    Dustin great session
    Chick at least it's cooler!

Have a lovely day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I can't help it ... I always think I haven't done enough :(

Next week isn't a real taper week yet but I'm cutting down to 55 miles (this week was well over 70) and my longest run will be only 16 or 17 :)

Great parkrun, em. And a lot of walking! I'm so glad it has cooled down.

Hope you manage to calm that calf down, ale.

LMH: my osteopath would probably sort you in no time. It's amazing what a bit of myofascial release can do.

Managed another 22 today. It was a bit breezy but the sun was out and it wasn't warm, so all good.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the graphs of my marathon times and training in the 26 weeks before them.  Pattern is, the less training I have done, the faster the marathons, so perhaps there is an overtraining element creeping in here.  Anyway, rested today (not because of that, but because I had a small meltdown which resulted in 2 naps!).  Guests about to arrive.
  • Gentle walk today
    Late night last night. Ferry at 1800.
    Last hard keeping going at ceilidh.
    Lyrics no

Yesterday's highlight: local minister auctioning off the right for table to go first at buffet (for charity). Bidding closed on £120!