Saturday 1st September 2018 - Please don't get me started

Morning.

Lyrics - Please don't get me started

September already! I do hope that we get a bit of an Indian summer, the weekend is forecast to be nice though not exactly hot.

Enjoy parkrun those participating.

Race well racers.

What:           short and easy
Why:            Saturday/should be easing back a bit I guess
Last hard:    not worrying about the things I can't change
Last rest:      19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - No Regrets by The Walker Brothers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post on Thursday, did 12 km, felt quite good.

What: run a longer route to parkrun, parkrun then run home all in time to catch the train to visit relatives for lunch
    Why: I'm currently asking myself the same thing, but it's the last long run before 8.5 parkruns next weekend and the marathon in October
    Last hard: think this may be, let's see!
    Lyrics: nope

LMH sounds like you've made a good decision there :)  Work stress is only doable for a limited time, then it's time to make decisions.
    Ale I like that A, B, C trick :)  May try it on my run, would work well per km!

Have a lovely day all.
  • I forgot to post yesterday but nothing much to report just hand weights and  no knitting:-)

Happy September Yay:-)

What: 15 reps x3 sets  hand weights
    Why: because I can

Last hard: Foot and sleeping
    Lyrics : yes

Pretty tired as I had limited sleep for 2 nights but such is life but I love September and boot off in 24 days.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds a tough day running-wise, Emz! Enjoy lunch!

What: Burnage parkrun

Why: my ex uni friend from Kuala Lumpur wanted to do his first parkrun. Although a couple of years older than I am he's a lot fitter; we ran the first k together and then he disappeared into the distance. I struggled a bit today for no particular reason, finishing in around 26:35. At least the Achilles and calf behaved, and hopefully they will be ok later and tomorrow. Off for a meal with him and his wife later, and no doubt he will want to sample a few local ales. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Think I did about 26km in the end but a lot of unrelenting hills!  I think about 500m elevation in total I think.  Parkrun was around 27:40ish.

How's the scarf Poppy/
  • Hi everyone, sorry for not posting during the week, work has been full on, I've had a cold and I only managed 2 short runs.

Back on the horse today though with a very even paced 16 mile run (7:53 pace with my slowest mile being 7:58).  Hoped for a 20/20 weekend but legs a little out of sorts.  Was on call as well and got bored of all the loops staying close.  

Lyrics, nope! 
  • afternoon all
    Missed track this morning as floor being laid in downstairs cloakroom.
    LmH - yes , youngest's birthday, older one is 21 in the new year. Where did my life go??
    What - heading out shortly for some trail miles
    why - staying sane
    last rest - 19 days
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - not sure

• What: parkrun (25:21)
    why: Caithness HM tomorrow 
    last hard: pyramids on Wednesday night (seems I did 1,2,3,3,2,1 while most if not all did 1,2,3,2,1!)
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics no idea

speed reading Dustin's post and skipped the word "floor" , lol
    my "baby" is now 25!

Good news on your parkrun AH. Enjoy the meal and ale tasting later

Work stresses. Shetland been back in touch about doing obstetric sessions there. However it would mean being on-call 24/7 away from home for periods of 2 weeks possibly more. Thinking not ...
  • Enjoy the trail miles Dustin. Sounds like fun Emz. At least you are back out there Ale..steady as you go. Donaldo! Really...man flu then a 16. Hope you're okay post run. LMH: one woman's short and easy is... :-)
    WP...let countdown begin. Try not to bulk up too much with all those weights. Will you be down on the front at the 10k?
    What: parkrun (21.14 74.88% Age Grade so quite happy)
    Why: It's Saturday
    Last Hard: Choosing not to run yesterday as was a bit tired>
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Believe so.
    Off for some pampering so may not post until Monday
    Race/run well tomorrow all.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You and your Kuala Lumpur friend are featured on Burnage parkrun FB  page AH!

• Is that Facebook, OH? Not my best photo and time I lost some weight! The guy in the Watford football shirt is my M68 squash playing friend who never runs except parkrun and finished ahead of my KL friend! Usually around 23 at Burnage, 22 at South Manchester.

Great parkrunning, SC!

And good to see you, Don! Hope work settles and you can get more 16 or milers in.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That can't be Alehouse - he's not wearing nearly enough clothes  :)

Glad you're feeling better Donaldo - take it easy though with having been ill.

Hope you enjoyed the fresh air Dustin.

Sounds a bit full on for a retiree OH. Enjoy Caithness tomorrow.

Nice WAVA SC - makes the rest day worth the stress.

Hope you had a good lunch emzap.

Counting down not up now Poppy - hopefully well on the way to resuming running.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • My fat was keeping me warm LMH.
  • Nearly forgot to post :)

Very well done, SC. Brilliant age grading.

Ale: that remark about fat made me smile

OH: good luck tomorrow and nice parkrun today

Em: glad you have recovered and are running well again

LMH: gonna get hot again here. You're welcome to it :) I prefer crisp autumn days as of now

What: 3 mile recovery run
    Why: time to cut back
    Last hard: today's run was a bit shit
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no