Options

Sunday, 2 September 2018 - San Francisco Bay

Morning all :)

Today's lyrics:
San Francisco Bay
Past pier 39

Last longish run today. Hopefully 16 or 17.

Bit foggy outside which my asthma doesn't like but at least it's not warm :)

Have a great Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Moving On by James.

The fog took a while to burn off here yesterday morning chicksta, hope yours doesn't adversely affect your run. Please send some heat!

LOL Alehouse.

What:                short and easy
    Why:                 tapering/lunch at the in laws
    Last hard:         deciding what to do mileage wise this week
    Last rest:          19/8

Lyrics - vaguely familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes (and I think I have used them in the past)

What: fitness suite

Why: burn off some fat. Ran yesterday so no running today.

Race well, OH, and anyone else of course.

Time to back off after today, Chick? And a very easy week for you as well, LMH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to do Alehouse - I ran 40 miles the week before Newark, was that too many/not enough?
  • Options
    Always difficult to judge, LMH, and only you know how your legs are! Hope they feel bouncy this time next week! Was hot here yesterday: 25! Hope it is another nice day today. And you do know the lyrics, I'm sure! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    We had a high of 24C yesterday - nice but doesn't count as hot to me! Legs feel fine after a few weeks of lower (i.e. not marathon) mileage since Newark. My back is much better so it's only taking me a couple of miles to get going now which is a big improvement, average pace is slower than it was at this stage before Newark though. So difficult to decide what the right thing to do is.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: blackberry picking (probably means a ~10km walk)
    Why: it's that time of year
    Last hard: thigh chafing, it's really bad after yesterday's run.  Looking to get some different running shorts as shorts that were fine in the past have started to cause issues (am I just getting fat on my thighs?!).
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    LMH: You seem to do well on more miles so I wouldn't necessarily cut back too much. You want to feel bouncy, not sluggish. Good news re. back. Hopefully no wallpaper stripping this week ;)

Em: our blackberries were rubbish. Too little rain. They were tiny and dry. Hope yours are better.

Ale: I had trouble thinking of lyrics this morning so my choice wasn't very creative I'm afraid ;)

Had a nice 17 miler. I ran away from the fog and into the sun. By the time I turned back the fog had gone, so no breathing issues luckily.

Cotton-wool time now.

• Options
    I'm doing a little wallpaper stripping every day chicksta, it's not going to get done in time otherwise though I may take Friday and Saturday off. Glad you had a good run. Blackberries have been great here this year though ours are going over a bit now.

I love the Asics Fuji trail shorts emzap, they are a 2 in 1 and have great pockets, I can carry gels and my inhaler when racing with no issues at all. 
  • Options
    Hello.

Folowed up my steady 16 yesterday with a steady 20 this morning, funnily enough at the exact same average pace of 7:53.  Not as even paced this time around though, slow at the start, faster in the middle, easy few miles then a 
    good effort on the last 6. Legs felt strong today.  I had trouble walking up the stairs in my house just before the run due to knee pain but it never bothered me while running, I am happy to say.

lyrics, yes.  

All the talk of berry picking reminds me that I always crave raspberries after a long run.  Anyone else have odd cravings after running?
  • Options
    Peanut butter for me, Don. I have a few spoons full straight from the jar after my runs. Hubby doesn't eat any peanut butter so it's my jar anyway :)

Strong running from you. Very impressive.
  • Options
    Afternoon!

These days it would be a marmite sandwich straight after a long run; it used to be a drink of hot vimto.

Nice day (25) here so added a short run. Probably helped loosen me up.
  • Options
    Afternoon

I love peanut butter as well Chick I buy 1 kilo tubs:-)

I went for a hobble planned 30 minutes ended up longer 105 minutes as a lovely day and a beautiful place to walk.
    http://www.aberavon-beach.co.uk/

Foot is very achy so think I reached my limit.

SC: If I can walk sorry hobble down I will be there same spot as last time.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

popping in as usual weekly at present.

Saw KOP on Thurs who videod me showed by right knee not coming up as far as the left and the same with extenion... more work and stretches, but did have a comfortable parkrun on Sat (24:21) so happy with that and managed 4.25m this morning so c;ear progress. but still not there yet or comfrotable to push it.

Lyrics - Think so

Take care
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're progressing RFJ.  

We picked fruit for about 4 hours, covering just over 10 km and collecting about 3 kg blackberries, 6 of plums, 4 of apples and 500g damsons.  Unfortunately I'm allergic to all of those uncooked, so my OH is having to prepare them so I can cook them!  Plum cake in the oven :)  Looking forwards to seeing how many types of things I can make :)
  • Options
    That's a lot of allergies emzap! Did you go to a fruit farm? Isn't it a little early for Damsons?

Good that you're making progress RFJ.

Great that you were able to get out Poppy. Hope your foot settles down quickly.

My knees are often like that Donaldo. That's a nice weekend's running.

I thought you weren't running today Alehouse!

Another peanut butter post run fan here.
  • Options
    Too tired to read back! Back home now.
    What: 2 ferries and Caithness Half (6 in Orkney contingent)
    Why: New Half - supporting event by nearest neighbour
    Last Hard: that was! 22C and 28mph winds (tough going for us northerners!)
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no

Race started 1300. First half was OK in under the hour, but heat got to me and slowed down coming in at 2h10m30 - still my best HM time this season so can't complain.
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The course:

(I wish! ;) )

• Options
    The medal has a hole in it, OH. Send it back! And that course is very short! 
    Did I notice who currently has household bragging rights?