Running nutritional help?

Hi,

I’m training for my first marathon, Paris 2019. I’ve done a few half marathons and 10K’s in the past but not seriously for 2-3 years. I’ve already done quite abit of training and ran up to half marathon training distance a couple of weeks ago.

I just wondered what a healthy running diet is? I’ve tried to eat healthy, I think I have quite a balanced diet but I have no idea really what is good for a balanced running diet. I am very slim, 6ft and around 71kg. I seem to maintain this weight consistently but feel I should increase my weight to look healthier, I feel like there’s nothing on me.

Can anyone give some nutritional advise on this for me?

Thanks for reading, any comments are welcome.

Answers

• You could do worse than having a look at Anita Bean's Runner's Cookbook - explains nutritional requirements and has some recipes etc. If you are healthy at your current weight I wouldn't worry about it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Eating well isn't really rocket science - protein, fruits, veggies, carbs and good fats. It sounds like your problem might be keeping weight on during your heavy mileage weeks. Just make sure you get enough carbs. I have to avoid gluten so most of mine comes from potatoes and oats.