Why: doing the right thing
Last hard: finding that sensible head
Last rest: Monday

Have a nice day  all

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Hamstring still bad chicksta?

Windy again here today but forecast to really pick up later so I'm hoping to get out and back before it gets too rough.

What:          MLR
    Why:           gf salted caramel cake
    Last hard:   looking at the weather forecast for the week
    Last rest:    19/8

Lyrics - possibly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning all
    Not sure where all this bad weather is, certainly not in the South!
    What - some kind of lunchtime run
    Why - routine
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - at the weekend
    Nice easy 9 miler yesterday around Olympic Park

Thanks for Mrs D's birthday wishes. Popped to the pub last night, spicy chilli followed by sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch ice cream, washed down with a couple of pints of the local IPA....

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Morning!

Got absolutely soaked last night, Dustin! At least it was on the way back from the alehouse rather than going! Saw the end of the Spurs match: Wabo won't be happy!

What: fitness suite plus perhaps a short run and walk

Why: needs must, forecast is not good for the next 5 or 6 days, calf/Achilles area not quite right.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sob...backed out of yesterday's run and niggle more niggly today. Plane and hotel booked so parkrun can be done but having doubts about Sunday. No bruising come out so hope it's a strain and not a tear. Hurting in two locations. Wind horrible last night and woken several times. Joys of living at the top of a hill surrounded by trees! Looking at the forecast, maybe I could jog/walk inside the cut off wearing a wetsuit :-)
    Enjoy the miles fit people. Glad it was a good night out Dustin. What is the local IPA? I'm off looking for some comfort cake LMH
    What: TBC
    Why: Unsure of what to do
    Last hard: Looking at reality of DNS this weekend
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I thought yes to the lyrics then I saw the second line, not sure
    Chick keeep the sensible head, sure you will.  Loving yoga again
    LMH enjoy your mlr, hope the weather is kind.  Cake sounds yum
    DUstin I agree about the weather! Its ok here, enjoy the lunch run, last night sounds lovely
    Alehouse enjoy your short run and wilk, no I am not happy about Spurs on many issues. Stadium being possibly at the top!!!
    What: lovely 2.5 miles this morning
    why: roads were stuffed so I just did my run and drove the scenic way in  which took an hour
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Anyone on Fetch and know about the squares game??  Oh my goodness it has me running all over the place, addicted!
    Have a good day all  

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Damn, SC. That doesn't sound good :(  Fingers crossed it settles. Or at least it doesn't get any worse.

Dustin: Sounds like a superb evening out to me.

Hope you had a nice run, LMH. Yum, caramel cake :+1:  Hamstring is niggling away. Can't say it's super painful but it's certainly not right. Right now I'd give it a 2 or so on a pain scale from 1 to 10. In Berlin it got a bit worse, I'd say a 4 or so but it never felt debilitating. Thank god. I was just so scared it would get worse as the miles ticked by forcing me to stop at some point.

Cheesy Berlin pics are up :D. If anyone is bored, feel free to browse. Number is 34655, DoB 11.05.1968

https://www.sportograf.com/de/shop/search/4960

• Options
    Just windy here at the moment but heavy rain forecast for this afternoon and we have a weather warning for tomorrow, Friday, Sunday and Monday  :( Training for an autumn marathon is so much nicer than training for a spring one.

Good to hear it's nearly ok chicksta.

That doesn't sound good SC - can you see a physio for a professional opinion? I like to know whether something will just hurt if I keep running on it or if I'm going to do damage - in which case of course I will stop.

Pudding sounds nice Dustin!

It's about time you were free of all these niggles Alehouse.

You sound chilled Wabo.
  • Options
    Hi chaps, sorry didn't get chance yesterday, it's not Manic Monday for me but Manic Tuesday.

LMH: Didn't get the weather yesterday, but wind is nearly blowing the windows through now.

SC: Sorry to hear the niggles, it's a real blinking flip when that happens. I'm finding muscle and ligament tears or strains take ages to heal with me now, wheras ten years ago I could pop an injury and be bouncing back by lunchtime, youth is wasted on the young I always used to tell my students (in a nice way).

Dustin: Good 9 miler there, oppurtunity knocks! And tiptop tea for the D (we call supper/dinner tea up here).

Welsh: "Countdown is progressing... Uno, Due, Tre, Quattro"

Wabo: Streak baby yeah!

Chicksta: Just had a look, but was unsure what I was signing up for in German with the info boxes. I know "My hat it has three corners, three corners has my hat" in German, because I have it written on a note and it has been in my wallet for 15 years. I use it as an opener if I meet somebody (that is German) in a pub. I have used it twice now. I use it as a sign of effort and a hand of friendship. It has worked both times.

Ale: Hope you have dried out!

Yesterday did a speedy 7 miler. Thought I would try to go as fast as I can without being sick to my 3 mile marker down on the seafront. I managed to maintain around 6:55 to 7:15, even hit 6:40 a couple of points. This is assuming my Garmin is correct. This was totally out of character for me, rest assured the last 4 miles were a plod.

Bit if advice needed, didn't expect to do that, but is this an effective way to increase pace, doing bouts like this regularly? I'm too late to work on increased pace for York (probably?). Would like to up it, but the way I'm running these last few months I do anticipate beating my 3:42 last year.

What: Gym session later today

Why: Leg rest, work upper body

Lyrics: I think so...

• Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Sorry that should say I don't anticipate beating my time last year, not I do.
  • Options
    I don't think you should be so sure you won't be challenging last year's time Benjy. I'd say it's probably better to do an easy mile to start with to warm up a bit first but a tempo run, increasing the effort section weekly, or some long intervals - maybe one mile easy/one mile hard and repeat would be good sessions if you wanted to make them part of one of your shorter runs.
  • Options
    Benjy: Here's the link for English speakers: https://www.sportograf.com/en/shop/event/4960  :)

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to that earlier.

That was an impressive 7 miler. I recommend the P&D marathon schedules (Pfitzinger & Douglas' Advanced Marathoning book). They have a number of tempo efforts at more or less lactate threshold in them in the first weeks and intervals later in the schedule as you get fitter.
  • Options
    5k Loop and a swim, track shortly
    awaiting Ali!
    last hard: Saturday
    last rest: yesterday (from running)
    lyrics no