Fruday, 21 September 2018 - Hey now, take your pills

Morning :)

Lyrics: Hey now, take your pills and
Hey now, make your breafast

Still warm but apparently a cold front with high winds is on its way.

What: short run
Why: recovery
Last hard: work
Last rest: Monday

Happy Friday all :)

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hold Back The River by Wet Wet Wet.

A bit further than you have been running then Wabo.

Hope your headache is better today emzap.

Are you off racing again OH?

Still wild, wet and windy here chicksta and now cold too - you're welcome to some! Hope your osteo can put your mind at rest about your hamstring.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            it's not the weather for anything more
    Last hard:    not putting the heating on
    Last rest:     19/8

Lyrics - feel I should but can't place them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Chicksta: Set my alarm 15 mins earlier to do lyrics this morning. Well done there. I guess this winds are making it your way.

LMH: Came down a belter at teatime, I see what you mean about the downpour you had. I was doing swimming club run at that time, took our Weetabix box car around the seafront route to get the extent of the wind and the rain on the headland, the roof has the deafening sound of a 1970s caravan in the rain.

Wabo: Are you doing the 15km or have done it?

Welsh: Top trotting! Not long now and can see your keen as mustard to get back in the saddle.

Emz: Great 'int it (the weather)

SC: Belfast sounds good, fingers crossed for a decent ferry crossing. Saying that these boats are better than they used to be, I crossed over last October during storm Brian, slept like a log.

What: Gym

Why: Want to do 15 miles running, mulling over last night when trying to get to sleep will I be able to fit it in today before, middle, after work, but it will have to be tomorrow, so will have to be gym, don't want to do 15miles as a third day of running.

Lyrics: Hurumph! They sound so familiar but so far away.

• No rain this morning but it's cold and blowy out there - considering retreating to the gym today myself Benjy but I know I won't, just need to warm back up after walking Grace and get my btm out of the door. Definitely a good idea for you not to run today if you're planning a MLR for tomorrow though.
  • Morning all
    Apparently there was a bit of rain overnight and judging by the fallen branches this morning, a fair bit of wind. 
    Lovely and bright now though.
    What - short and easy at lunchtime
    why - easy day
    last rest - 18 days I think
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - don't think so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Morning!

And still foul here! Has rained most of the time since noon yesterday, although did manage to find a dry window for my short run yesterday, although somewhat wet underfoot. And the wind has brought down my runner beans and sweetpeas in the garden.

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite plus short run/walk

Why: need to work the Achilles and calf plus trying to get some consistency by running short and easy. Dentist first.

And am intrigued by Aberdeen, OH: thought you were Manchester bound! Hope the weather doesn't interfere with travel arrangements.

And am afraid the heating has been on a couple of times, LMH! Trying not to make a habit of it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all, just
    Emzap Hope your head is better today
    alehouse, glad you got a dry run yesterday, boo for the beans and sweet peas though
    chick Happy Friday to you have a good run
    LMH yes 15k is further, we did 6.75 last weekend, plan on 7.5 this week plus I have entered a 10k the week before.  I know I can do it. I didn't train last year and got round fine but trying some longer stuff in general so I can improve on last year
    Benjy, I am doing the 15k 14/10 and yes I have done it as well.  Last year and several years ago its lovely. Good sensible head you have on today
    Dustin, good night last night? Have a nice lunch time run
    Yoga was amazing last night, my goodness my body is not supple!!!

What: 3 miles later, tai chi this morning
    why: body needs the tai chi 
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

bike ride in the chilterns tomorrow, this is the prudential replacement ride for OH.  I think he'll do 81, I know I'll do 31 :-)
    have a great weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm trying o hold off with the heating until after we've been on holiday but looking at the forecast for the next few days I might not make it! I hope you get another dry window today Alehouse.

You'll do the distance easily Wabo I'm sure. I hope the weather is kind for your bike ride tomorrow.
  • Forecast to stop raining at 10 tonight, LMH! I think I'll be getting wet, and as it was only showing 10 degrees when I came back from the supermarket (and torrential rain) I put the heating on again. Off to the fitness suite shortly and probably a short run/paddle from there.

Popmaster was a tale of two halves today, Benjy, doing particularly well on the first set...and then a rather poor showing on the second! The second is more typical of my usual score though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon,

SC: Safe crossing to Belfast and hope the weather and body is kind to you.

Chick: How is hamstring?

Benjy: Good luck at the gym today  and with popmaster.

What: 6 mile walk at 5.30am and stayed dry and upright with winds
    Why: Because I can/showing my legs what I expect of them next week;-)
    Last hard: The weather forecast
    Lyric: Nope
    BOD: 3 days and counting

Longest walk in boot to date-yay
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Impressive booted walking, poppy. Nearly there! So, it's coming off on Monday?
    Hamstring is doing it's niggly thing which I am ignoring for now. Osteo just cancelled because of some child emergency situation at home and she's on a course next week. Who knows, maybe it's all settling next week and I can save the dough :D

We had a temperature drop of about 10 degrees from this morning to now. Surreal! My head is exploding though. I don't do well if the weather changes so severely.

Also just realised I made loads of typos this morning. I wasn't wearing my reading glasses and typed away on the phone. Not a good idea ...

Good luck cycling, wabo. There will be two sore behinds tomorrow night ;)

Benjy: Sensible decision. Hope the gym was good. I've used those lyrics before but they were in my head this morning and I couldn't think of anything else.

Our heating just switches itself on automatically if it gets below 15 outside. Quite miraculous :)
  • My heating is switched off chicksta so it doesn't matter what the temperature is in the house at the moment, it won't come on unless we flick the switch - doesn't sound as though yours is going to be troubled for a while yet anyway. I'd say the osteo cancelling is a sign - listen to your body and do what you feel is right.

Not long now Poppy!
  • Afternoon!

Just realised it is the autumnal equinox today: only 13 weeks before we start to have longer days!

Managed to find a window for a brief 10 minute turn over of the legs; then the heavens opened again, although against all the odds it is now quite pleasant. 
  • Run (6.6 trail) + swim
    May not get much exercise this coming week.
    (LMH: primary purpose is CPD course on Tue/We'd but visiting friend and family on route. Have however agreed to meet AH for 5k race - Ron Hill's 80th)
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no