Thursday 27th September Loneliness is a cloak you wear

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Loneliness is a cloak you wear
A deep shade of blue is always there

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: work gets in the way/still being careful with legs and illness

Beautiful day yesterday, but very grey around here and cooler for the next few days: summer seems to have gone.

I listened from half time onwards yesterday, Wabo: a good evening in the end!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning alehouse and everyone else.

Woke up early today and couldn’t get back to sleep so headed out for a wee 4 miler.  Nice way to start the day.  

Lyrics, nope! 
  • Good start to the day Don!
    Wabo - I good result at the 'dons

What - U11 coaching, so easy running
    Why - usual
    last rest - 3 1/2 weeks
    last hard - Sunday 
    lyric - nope

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Maximum Joy by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Taper Donaldo!

Better to get it out of the way now emzap, hope you feel better soon.

How are you feeling today Alehouse - any better?

Enjoy the easy Dustin.

Very mild here this morning and still but I'm not sure how much I'l be able to take advantage of it, my jab is due today and I feel pretty rotten, partly wearing myself out with all the house stuff I think.

What:           whatever I feel like once I'm out
    Why:            tired and possibly a bit under the weather
    Last hard:    being left to sort the house out
    Last rest:     19/8

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: rest 
    Why: going down to London to watch my dad collect a prize for a book he wrote
    Last hard: another London trip! Currently hoping he gets back from Italy on time as all flights from Pisa were cancelled yesterday!
    Lyrics: nope

Lovely and warm here again. Throat feeling better so fingers crossed.
    Lmh you're having a lot of work done, no wonder you're tired!
    Ale how are you feeling?
    Don nice early run.
    Poppy how's the foot?

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning

LMH: I hope you pick up a little today.
    Don: A lovely early morning run :-)
    Ale: I hope you are feeling a little better?
    Em: I hope Dad arrives in time and lovely you hopefully will see him collect a prize:-)
    Foot is still achy and sore and I am very aware of it but it can only get better with time.

What: 5 mile run
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard The foot and also jab day.
    Lyrics: Yes

Old ladies shuffle still here;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse we have tried for away games so much so the being in a different stadium and the end result made the horrific drive there and back worth it???? Lol.  Keep on being careful it pays off I reckon

WP my goodness you are back with a vengeance!!
    Emzap, wow how proud you must be!! Jet setting dad!
    LMH do whatever your body tells you x
    Dustin, yes good in the end, enjoy the coaching, it must be fun actually!
    Donaldo lovely way to start the day and a lovely morning it is

Today was a day when I thought, really do I want to run every day?? I'm out at the theatre with daughter and eldest g daughter so it had to be a tired run this morning
    What: in the end a lovely 1.54 run across the road in a country park
    why: I didn't want to and that worked
    last hard: overcoming the head
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo - the hardest part for me is often getting myself out of the door.

emzap - hope he makes it back and you have a lovely day.

Poppy - interesting article about pain in last month's RW if you have it - definitely worth a read.

Beautiful morning for running and I just took it very easy, felt better as I went on and managed a MLR which will be my longest run for some time as I'm not allowed to go out for too long when we're on holiday.
  • Afternoon!

Well the weather has turned out much better than when I set the lyrics and saw a grey day in prospect!

Thanks to those asking how I feel: not right but better than earlier in the week...as long as I take the ibuprofen and paracetamol!

And yes, I often find the hardest part of running is getting my kit on and getting out of the door! That is where streaking seems to be a positive: you just have to get out there, no matter what.

Hope all has gone to plan, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Do you have a holiday planned chicksta? It looks as though my iPod may have decided to work again - which is great, there really doesn't seem to be an equivalent alternative. Hope you get your run, I'm sure it will make you feel better.

Holiday coming up on October 15 -- 2 weeks by the sea. Can't wait. I'm really worn out. Glad your iPod decided to work again.

LMH/wabo: Agree with getting out being the hardest part. I've never regretted going out for a run. Always feel better afterwards. I managed 5 miles yesterday and was really surprised that my easy runs at the moment are faster than they were before the marathon. Guess I must be recovered already.

Em: Congrats to your dad winning a prize. So Ryanair is messing up everyone's plans again :(

Poppy: Yay, another run! Hope the foot holds up.

Dustin: Coaching them little ones must be great.

Ale: How's the face pain today?

What: a mile on the TM to warm up, then S&C work
    Why: about time I hit the gym again
    Last hard: swapping miles for weights
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    All flights to and from Pisa were cancelled yesterday due to forest fires.  Just heard that they are back (good as I'm on the train to London already!). Even British airways can't over ride flight bans :tongue:

Glad you're feeling better ale. Did the GP ever say what he thought it was?

Really warm here. 
  • chicksta - I feel the same, I'm just hoping my immune system isn't too worn down to fight off the aeroplane infections. I often find that after a breakthrough race my average pace drops.

Ah - is the presentation tomorrow then emzap? 

It definitely feels like late summer here today Alehouse. Glad you're managing the pain ok.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh no it's tonight. Evening cocktail reception. Means I'll stay at my dad's and work from there in the morning. Wanted to go and support him though.

How long till your hols?
  • Have a lovely evening then  :) We fly on Saturday - haven't been able to get excited yet though due to sorting the house stuff, hoping to have it sufficiently in hand to pack tomorrow. Not working has been a blessing.
  • Xpost, ale. Glad it's manageable.

Em: Ah, and I thought it was those Ryanair strikes.

LMH: I always take First Defence on the plane plus Echinacea. If I don't I get I'll :(
    I probably took Berlin too easy which explains why I bounced back so quickly.
  • No chicksta, I think you trained really well for it and are recovering accordingly.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Uneventful flights home followed by mixed trail and road 16 miles
    Need to get few miles in bank before marathon and ultra.

Last hard: that was!
    Windy. Trail, dry last week, now waterlogged to just below knees.

Last rest yesterday ( next rest tomorrow)

Lyrics as usual no

Glad the facial pain is settling AH 

Still relishishing the memory of that post 5k pint of Robbie's last Tuesday!