List of runners and your supporters

Comments

• *******Updated list is here.
    If you are a runner in need of a supporter MAIL ME.
    All supporters very welcome.
  • Do we all yell meerkat?
  • Wabo - if you've not met your supporter/s before, yell their name when you get to us. There are so many runners, that we may miss you otherwise. Of course, you may not want to stop, which is fine, but a yell will guarantee a hug!
  • blimey - this must be getting to me: last night I dreamt that I'd overslept on Sunday and arrived late at Mudchute...
  • getting to me, I dreamed I arrived at Mudchute only 2 hrs after the start !!!!

But once hugged by Shambler & Dr Nic it took me another 3 hrs to get to the Mall
  • Dave what were! you doing for two hours?
  • Ah.... that would be telling !
  • but it was only a dream
  • I turn my back on the website for a few days and all of a sudden there are 16 pages of supporters and runners to get through! Meerkat you have done an absolutely fantastic job. Should I be trying to contact Minky and the rest of the supporting group? Or do I just yell their names on the day? I'll definitely be up for supporting next year - my physio told me I have the knees of a 40 year old (I'm 29!) and if I continue running I'll need replacements, so I'll definitely not be runnning next year. Will there be any emergency replacement knees at Mudchute?
  • Unlikely Liz, but you might get some jelly babies or starburst if you ask nicely.
  • You've done a fantastic job UM - I'll be on the lookout for the Count & littlesteph.
    My last day on the forum - travelling down to London tomorrow morning
  • The Count and littlesteph for me too. Are they about?
  • Liz - yes, do mail Minkey. If you can't find him on the forum, mail me and I'll send you his mail address.
    Likewise Valuxian.
  • Wow - what a list!

I'll be on the lookout for M and Zilla for some much needed 18 mile encouragement.
  • I'll just add (for identification purposes) I'll be wearing an Institute of Cancer Reasearch black and white vest with Charlotte written on both sides and no 38716.

See you there!
  • Meerkat, thank you so much for organising this - and thank you in advance to Moomoo and Fairy Elephant for supporting me!

Moomoo you have mail

If I have the energy (unlikely) I will yell out for you both when I see the support point.

REALLY looking forward to Sunday now - and just getting it over and done with!

• Kerboing.
  • Okay all, I'm finally out - Achilles Tendon 1, Ronnie 0. Will email my personal support team (way hey!) and let them know.

So can I join you all at mile 18?

• Oh Ronnie, how horrible for you. OF COURSE you can join us at mile 18. <<furry hugs>>
  • boo... Of course ya can.

Ronnie, have ya deferred?
  • UM - <<hugs reciprocated>>

Jon - Yes, I sent the form off about an hour ago. Feel pretty sick about it, especially as the achilles feels much better today, but I can't risk doing myself months of worse damage by doing a marathon so soon. There are other races I suppose (sniffles quietly).
  • ((((((((ronnie))))))))))))
    is rotten when you have to defer, but supporting is such fun, next best thing.
  • Ronnie - I know it won't be at all the same, but I think you'll have a fab time on Sunday...and we'll know exactly who to cheer on next year!
  • No marshalling is next best thing, cos I can go anywhere I like. Humph!
  • oh dear, as an avid reader of the 'Windy Runs' thread, do we now have to bring gas masks with us on sunday ROnnie? :-)
  • Fraggs - maybe we could use Ronnie to inflate the balloons, if Gavo is late with the helium?
  • That comes with the territory, I'm afraid. All I can say is that I'll stay off the chick pea and broccoli curry on Saturday night to give you all a chance.
  • Meerkat - Tried signing up on your website, but doesn't seem to have worked. I checked your list of runners/supporters, but wasn't listed. Am running my first marathon Sunday and would love to be supported.