List of runners and your supporters

Comments

• And there is such a thing as the vegetarian cyclists club :-)

Nah Flipper :-)
  • I was at the other end near Dr Nic, FB & Petal. I was going to go around and say hello to everyone but I'm shy. I was wearing a red cagoule shouting abuse at runners!
  • Did you see that bloke that dropped his pants, so funny :)))))))))
  • THANK YOU to Long Distance Badger, Minky and everyone else who cheered me along yesterday. You're all fantastic - it's far easier to run in that kind of weather (although maybe not 26.2 miles...) than it is to stand still for hours. And thank you to whoever handed me the bag of sweets. Whenever I stop to meet my supporters in marathons, I always come away feeling I've been rude to someone or ignored someone, so if I did, I'm sorry - totally unintended! I finished in 4.22 which is a PB. I was aiming for 4 hours but seeing as I hadn't really run for 6 weeks and had really 'knackered knees' (is that term copyright, Knackered Knees?) I suppose I should be happy to have finished. Just one complaint - I did ask for spare knees to be available to me at mile 18 - where were they??!!
  • With great regret I missed all the fun and games and Mandy/Zilla might have missed me as I had my head buried in "London Calling" and other motivational songs coutesy of my IPOD. (Quite surreal turning into Birdcage Walk with "Walking on the Moon" as, far from being a gravity free zone, my legs were like lead!).

Nevertheless a big thank you for the hard work and support - I can see from the photos and comments how much the 18 mile jelly baby pit stop was appreciated!
  • I was sooooo slow yesterday (I blame the horrible weather) that you were all packing up by the time I plodded round and I was too embarrassed to stop and say hello. I did have my name on my t-shirt though so still got lots of cheers around mile 18.

Overtaken by sheer despair around mile 21 and had to drag myself around from then on in freezing, wet conditions. Really thought I was going to give up at mile 25 (crazy, or what?) but my family came along, wrapped me in their coats and walked me to the Mall.

I was sure I couldn't walk another step, but they made me run the last few yards to the line and it was incredible! Cried like a baby and kissed the poor man who gave me the medal! Took me 7 hours but I was just so glad to finish.

Aching all over today but wouldn't have missed the experience!
  • Awwww sorry Twinkle,

Suffolk and myself had to leave around 2pm, but well done you, you finished it and got the medal to prove it. You'll have to come to one of the socials or let us know what races you'll be doing in the future, so we can meet up hopefully at one or other.

TL
  • I'd like to meet you Tired Legs, do you go to socials?
  • Thanks Guys couldn't stop long, had a race to 'pace'.

The chews were great!!
  • Thanks for everything... I am so sorry that I ignored everyone whilst looking for Fraggle, but the cheer was amazing!
  • Dr Nic - after I left you, I went to Temple and saw the man in a toilet suit again .. and shouted "Come on, Toilet" again... just for my own amusement, really.
  • Yeah cheers Guys, and thanks to Venom who spotted me and gave a big shout!

So pleased you didn't see me about another mile further on!

Thanks again!
  • Thank you Jj & Helegant and everyone else that came out in such awful weather conditions, it really meant alot to me. I definitely couldn't have done the time I did without you.
    I remember thinking "come on make it to mile 18 and there will be forumites to support you" and there you were, looking cold and soaked cheering us on standing out there for hours. Sorry I didn't stop, I was afraid I'd have trouble starting off again plus I also had a runner slap me on the ar*e and tell me it was my "destiny" to finish. I was too scared to stop or look behind me after that.

Thanks again good people with big hearts!
  • Thank You Thank You Thank You- it made the last 8 miles achievable! I DID IT 6 hours and thirty four minutes but I DID IT ...How long til the next one......?
  • Thanks to all the suporters who must have been freezing in the wet and cold. Once again the highlight of the race for me. See you next year, but probably before what with socials and races and what not.
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    Someone slapped you on the tush, Destiny? Surely not! LOL
    (((((Destiny)))))
    Brill time.

Mon - glad you saw us - you were just a blur.
  • I saw you, but didn't stop. Hope you enjoyed the ribena I made Gavo make :-)

Cheers

djb
  • I saw you, but didn't stop. Hope you enjoyed the ribena I made Gavo make :-)

Cheers for everything

djb

• Evenin all . . just to let you know that more FLM Forum Support Crew pics are now at

www.richk.co.uk/FLM04/FLM2004.htm
  • Moved over to the right at mile 18 but didn't see anyone. About 2.40 at that point.

Hope you all had a great day.
  • Me too - I was a bit later than Pudsey Bear and never saw the balloons or banner - must have been covered up. Cheers to you all for braving the cold and rain and wind!

Shannon
  • Hi - I saw you all! Shouted "Big Dick" as instructed but everyone just looked blankly at me....doh!

Thanks to all of you who cheered me on though - (I had Jo on my black top - in case any of you can remember me and was passing at about 1:30pm)
  • I heard you Spooner, i went over and told Fat Buddah at the time !
  • Oh thank you! It was great to see you all anyway! I had the time of my life out there - it was an amazing day.
  • hi Spooner - Itchy did tell me but it was too late by then as you had gone - sorry - glad you enjoyed it though.....
  • Hey, that's no problem - maybe next year then?!! But you'll be running it hopefully won't you? Will I now, automatically get sent an application form for the ballot or will I still need to go and pick up a form from a shop of some description in August?
  • spooner - I will do next year - didn't get a ballot place for this one and didn't want to do a GB place 2 years running.

you should automatically get a copy of the mag in the post just before they go out into the shops - if not pick a shop one up.
  • Great, thanks for that Fat Buddha - see you next year then maybe!
  • Only just got round to watchting the video ( sad i know ) but there was a good arial view of us at Mudchute as the runners were crossing the line at about 3 hours.

Also there is a good shot of a Forumite runner wearing a cap, he also had his sleeves 'removed' from his long sleeved URWFRC top, anyone know who it is ??