Thursday 4th October 2018 You're the kind of person you meet...

Morning!

Lyrics: You're the kind of person you meet at certain dismal, dull affairs

This tune refers to me scratching around for lyrics!

What: short run and fitness suite

Why: being careful/Thursday/work gets in the way.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Working again today but plan lunchtime swim and probably short run later to take me over 1000 for 2018
    Last hard "swimming" around the track last night
    Last rest Friday
    Lyrics no

XC begins on Sunday
  • PS have learnt the identity of my border collie companion for last Monday's run - Loki
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    What - U11 coaching, just a couple of miles for me
    Why - tired, routine, 
    last rest - a month 
    last hard - Tuesday
    next cake - ohhh carrot, there's an idea. Picked up some M&S oaty flapjacks this morning, 5 for £2, seemed a bargain. 2 left now...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yesterday's lyrics were of course"I just can't wait to be king" from the Lion King

What: rest
    Why: busy busy busy
    Last hard: a while
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh is there no nice promenade you can run along instead?
    Ale how are you feeling?

Have a lovely day
  • Thanks chaps for feedback/info regarding taper, very helpful. Tapering sounds bonkers, I'm not doubting it or questioning it at all, just the prospect sends me a bit bonkers, like taking two steps back. LMH: I'm intending doing a 12/13 (or somewhere in that region) tomorrow with my mate I'm running with, I'll leave that there as the last longish thing.

Ale: Cracking result there!

What: Run later to doctors for flu jab

Why: 'Werkin, eldest daughter off school (going to Grandmas after lunch)

• Morning.

No there isn’t emzap. I ran out of island at five miles yesterday and found a pier but it’s only about 100m long. As I’m out as soon as it gets light 5he traffic is quite light so I can run out along the road and back along the beach but there are roadworks which have close the sidewalk in places so I can’t do it the other way round as I need to get through those bits before the workmen start - I’m not complaining though really, I’d much rather be here with restricted running than not!

That sounds like a good plan Benjy. I hate tapering but it works. Keep the faith.

A mischief maker then OH 😊

Impressive flapjack eating Dustin.

Are you likely to be working this much all term Alehouse?

What:             Short and easy
    Why:              Holiday running
    Last hard:      I’m not doing hard
    Last rest:       29/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon

LMH: The best rehab plan ever;-)

What: 6 miles
    Why: My lower mileage day
    Last hard: Motorbike accident on way up:-(
    Lyrics: Yes

Aberafan prom so an easy run as elevation is 11m which is unheard of;-) Pretty tired so going to have as part of rehab my afternoon nap;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LMH: There was roadworks in January 2017 when we were there! I can't believe they're still not done ...

Dustin: Eat them up quickly before they expire ;)

OH: Guess Loki was a bit bored and needed a good workout

Poppy: Oh no. Motorbike accidents are usually pretty serious. Not much protection on a bike ...

What: nothing yet, but hopefully an evening run
    Why: too wet this morning
    Last hard: wind and rain
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes

• Poppy; Ooops. Do be careful...you've had enough bench time. Enjoy the evening run Chicksta. LMH: your short and easy is my long and hard :-) Benjy: That's why we call it taper madness: counter-intuitive and drives us nuts. Savour that rest EMZ. OH cracking result. I'm over the thousand but K's not miles :-)...don't think I can do that by Dec 31. Hope the swim isn't too bracing! I have flapjack envy Dustin. Ale: hope the recovery is progressing well.
    What ; 7.6 miles
    Why: Building to rest tomorrow before parkrun Sat and undulating 10K Sunday
    Last hard: Last mile today. 
    Last Rest: Forgotten and looking forward to next one
    Lyrics: Oh yes. On my playlist
  • Just 5 k. It was raining but I needed to get out and let off some steam :)