Berlin Marathon 2019

I am hoping to sign up for 2019 Berlin marathon.
I won't get the guaranteed place with my PB of 4;58 min for my last marathon.
can anyone advice me what is the best way. I looked up sports tour international do a package with entry space. has anyone used it before?
Thank you

Comments

• Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    The ballot opens on the 17th October, stick your name in and keep everything crossed, that's what I'll be doing!! Gotta be in it to win it as they say!
  • I did it this year with Sports Tours they were fine to use I’ve done NY and Paris through them as well , you can get involved as much as you like, better getting a guaranteed entry in the ballot though as it works out as cheap as you want to make it
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone gone through their own charity route when the extra 1000 place come up if you miss the ballot?
  • thank you for your comments . I will be looking out for tomorrow
  • I've entered the Berlin ballot after being unsuccessful in the London ballot for 11 consecutive years. TBH training over the summer seems preferable to those cold winter days anyway.
  • Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    I've entered too, fingers crossed!!

• Ian5 - there are two distinct charity options. 

The first is the 1,000 places offered as part of the "RTL Spendenmarathon", which are available as soon as the official ballot closes.  I don't know much about this, other than that the places are a little more expensive than standard entry. Details here: 
    https://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/news-and-media/news/2017/12/01/1000-slots-for-2018-bmw-berlinmarathon-join-the-rtl-charity-program-from-december-7.html

The second is a normal charity place from a participating charity such as Prostate Cancer UK (who I ran for in 2018) or anyone else who has places to fill.  List maintained by realbuzz here (there may be others):
    https://bm.realbuzz.com/charity-listings/

• Hi, when you enter through the ballot, and you put in your payment details, is payment only taken if your successful  ? 
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    muttdg-Yes that's correct,it may show as pending for a couple of hours but nothing will come out unless you are successful.
  • Ballot results out on Friday, fingers crossed for all those entered.
  • Good luck to everyone in the ballot this week. We’re in as a team entry and not sure if that makes our odds better or worse!  :) 
  • > @RunningForMomo said:
    > Good luck to everyone in the ballot this week. We’re in as a team entry and not sure if that makes our odds better or worse!  :) 

I've heard it improves the odds of getting in. I read that all people in the team get entered into the ballot separately and if one gets a place then all get a place. Whether or not this is actually the case, though, I don't know.

I'm entering as part of a two-person team so am hoping this is the case.
  • Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Yes, if one gets a spot you all get a spot, unfortunately, I didn't know anyone who wanted to enter! Can't wait to find out though, I'm keeping everything crossed!! Good luck to you all!
  • Ooo... I hope that is the case. I was a bit worried you both had to be drawn and if only one was you both got rejected, but I guess that would be more of a faff for their system. We really want to run Berlin as not doing a spring marathon next year and Berlin is the only autumn marathon that fits round our holiday in October.
  • p.s. I am the same person as runningformomo. Apparently I created two accounts last summer - not sure why!
  • Correction to my post above, I think the ballot results actually are released tomorrow  :)
  • Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Indeed they are! getting excited to hear now! Fingers crossed!
  • Almost time for obsessive email checking! Good luck everyone! 😃
  • Well I'm feeling really lucky so I booked my Berlin hotel yesterday to avoid the mass rush. I stay at ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof which is only a stones throw from the Brandenburg Gate and start line. Very handy.
  • That sounds like an ideal location 😊 we’ve got a hotel booked too but with a free cancellation deal! 
  • Well I'm not really that lucky. If I was then I would be running London 2019. So to err on the safe side with Berlin I have free cancellation too. 🤞😉
  • Any idea what time the ballot results start to be released? I've booked flights and accommodation with wife and some friends of ours to avoid the cost increase, since even if we miss out it'll be Oktoberfest and a great weekend to be there.
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭
    ballot results are released and I am in :D 
  • Great news MandM 😊 no emails for me yet. So I’ll probably be getting a rejection 😞
  • > @Momo21 said:
    > Great news MandM 😊 no emails for me yet. So I’ll probably be getting a rejection 😞

Don't fear yet, they've said that emails (regardless of results) will be sent between today and December 3rd.
  • Just got my confirmation, absolutely stoked!
  • Nothing yet here. Will be disappointed not to get a place, after 11 consecutive London rejections Berlin is my back up and was quietly hopeful of getting a place. 
  • Just had a 'yes'! That will leave Chicago and Tokyo to do!
  • I'm in! I have no idea about the city, or the event  :D

Any veterans with tips on any of the logistics please let me know!