Grazing vs Set Meals

DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Guys,

Apologies if this is not the correct forum, but I was wondering what you think, or if you know about the advantages / disadvantages of grazing food as opposed to eating 3 or 4 set meals.

So, would 3 to 4 pieces of fruit spaced through the day with a lighter breakfast and lighter lunch be ok or is better to have a decent breakfast and 2 other meals through the day at work with a final meal at home and nothing in between, with perhaps the exception of coffee, water, etc ...

Any comments / suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• I think a sustainable pattern where you're getting in a variety of foods (especially veg & fruit) is what you're looking for. i like the advice from Nancy Clark (and many others) http://www.nancyclarkrd.com/ about front loading calories early in the day. You taper down your food intake as the day goes on. 

Of course, there are so many factors - when you're exercising, what you're activity levels are like etc. you want to make sure you're adequately fuelling before and after a hard session. 
  • DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Thank you Christine. It all makes sense, I guess is whatever works for one person is different from another. I will have look at the link.

Thanks again.