Saturday 20th October 2018 - Whatcha tryin' a do to my heart?

Morning.

Lyrics - Whatcha tryin' a do to my heart?

I think winter is setting in - it's another chilly morning here. At least the clocks changing next weekend will give us a bit more light in the mornings for a few weeks.

Race well Wabo.

Anyone racing tomorrow?

What:             short and easy
Why:              ran long yesterday and have lots of domestics to sort
Last hard:      getting straight after the work on the house
Last rest:       14/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Light My Fire by The Doors.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: hopefully a long walk to the pub with a friend
    Why: nice to make the most of his visit
    Last hard: sensible head this morning not going to parkrun as I'm still feeling very grotty.
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh 10km! That's an unusual distance for you.
    Chick where are you on holiday? Ostsee?
    Have a lovely day all.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Looking forward to 9K cross country this afternoon at Stirling University.  It's our home fixture as part of the East District XC league so hoping for a good one.   

Lyrics, nope. 

Enjoy running or racing, whatever you are doing. 🙂
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun d&d

Why: long run for the week (6.54k incl warm up and warm down). 24:11, to my surprise: started off a little further up the field with the first k at 5:10, and then gradually picked up the pace. No niggles to report...or at least not until the morning!

Enjoy the xc, Don...and the pub, Emz. I'm doing a friend a favour and helping on the finish at cross country. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

All the best Don

What: 25 min run walk
    Why: getting fit
    Last hard: that a bit 
    Lyrics no

• 12.77 including parkrun (25m44) and hill run
    That's the plan
    Last hard: hill run
    Last rest: probably tomorrow!
    Lyrics no
  • Hope you're soon feeling better emzap and had a nice day. I blame Alehouse for the 10k - he nags you know  :)

Hope you enjoyed the xc Donaldo.

How long until your next race OH? It's the GO33 isn't it?

I hope there are no niggles tomorrow either Alehouse.

It will be worth it Pammie.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Walk was 18 km in the end! Think it was a bit much for friend he's passed out on the sofa now! 

Lmh yes he does sway us doesn't he!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Only for your own good, LMH and Emz! Hope you and your friend recover from the walk Emz!

Beautiful day here (as always in Manchester, Dustin!). Face is burning from spending nearly all day outside. Hardly cross country weather! 

Good to see you getting out there Pammie: that run/walk is exactly what I think you should be doing at this stage. Consistently!

Tomorrow will be a very easy short run plus fitness suite, niggles or not.

Did anyone manage to get a Brass Monkey number? Half marathon in January will be too far for me, although I do take inspiration from my local pub landlord: I got him running a couple of years ago. Early 40s and typical landlord build I persuaded him that he ought to look after himself so he runs before the pub opens at 11 three or four times a week: 1hr 50 in last weekend's Manchester half.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Emz: Good walk there, what's that roughly 12miles. Did you see the Yorkshire Marathon on the telly this morning, CH4 6:40AM, recorded it, saw myself twice for about half a second each time at 43mins over a shoulder at the Stamford Bridge turn when Emmerdale actor was being interviewed and then at the finish line peaking over the shoulder of a woman wearing a baseball cap.
    Wabo: Good racing
    Don: Hope cross country was good
    Ale: Nice distance
    Pammie: Good going
    LMH: Hope thing are getting straight now

Did three days running, normally do two then a gym day, Wed 7.5 miles, Thur 6.5, Fri 6.

What: Did gym this morning whilst daughters at their activities
    Why: Leg rest
    Lyrics: No
  • How is your foot Benjy? Nice tv bombing  :) Am awaiting kitchen fitter o do some remedial work and planning on spending money I shouldn't have to tomorrow to make the situation better.

I managed to bag one for me, Mark and P Alehouse but neither of the boys (who were both in the queue before the race opened and had two browsers open) even got as far as the entry page.

Nice walking emzap - hope you refuelled well with lunch.

Bonus gym visit for me this afternoon as Mark wanted to go.
  • LMH: Bet your legs come back in time for a good 10k. I quite fancied one after Berlin as I thought I had some speed but couldn't find one nearby. Closest was a 120 mile roundtrip which seemed ridiculous for a 10 k :)
    Speed has all but disappeared by now.
    Excellent news re. Brass Monkey numbers

Benjy: was that actor Tony Audenshaw of Marathon talk fame? I love Tony's Trials. He's hilarious.

Em: impressive walking. No wonder your friend passed out. I feel like passing out most days after our long walks :D
    It's so much harder than running!
    Yep, Ostsee ist right. We're on Usedom in Heringsdorf. It's lovely here. Apparently this is the place with the most sunshine hours in Germany. It is getting colder now but still dry and bright. Storms are forecast for next week though.

Nice parkrunning ale and OH.

Hope the xc went well, Don.

What: 5 miles
    Why: fighting the holiday flab
    Last hard: resisting that second piece of cake
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no