Saturday 3rd November 2018 - You're all the woman I need and baby you know it

Morning.

Lyrics - You're all the woman I need and baby you know it

Happy belated birthday emzap.

That sounds very flexible Benjy! Obviously generally being bendy is good but there are some bits that a runner doesn't want to be too flexible.

I'd probably start with a good running physio Donaldo and see what they think/who they'd recommend - or even your GP.

Hope OH has a good day and Wabo and anyone else racing today.

What:            short and easy/gym
Why:             sanity/trying to defy the ravages of age
Last hard:     I try to keep it easy
Last rest:      14/10

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes! :) 

Benjy: one of the treatments for my Achilles and calf issues has been to improve glute strength as my glutes were not doing enough work.

Hope OH has enjoyed his first mile of 33! Look forward to hearing the report!

What: probably short and easy and fitness suite.

Why: niggle avoidance scheme.

Got to the Griffin alehouse last night to find that the car park was a funfair! 
     So we walked up the hill to find that the Frog and Railway is now called Heatons! Of interest to OH if no-one else!

Enjoy the day!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I have a cold/virus so benched for the moment lets hope it goes quickly as fed up already and on day 2.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: Weymouth parkrun (they sing a song before they start!). Gentle for me as leg is still not right
    Why: tourism
    Last hard: bits of that, was windy
    Lyrics: nope

Off for walk along coast, hope we don't get blown away!

Get well soon poppy

Have a lovely day all
  • How strange - which song emzap? Hope your leg behaves for your walk and you have a nice day.

You didn't fancy the funfair then Alehouse?

Get well soon Poppy.
  • I certainly didn't find the fairground an attraction, LMH

Enjoy your break, Emz!

Just over 20 minutes running which whilst it doesn't sound much was deliberately hard work with a few hills thrown in near to OH's birthplace! If I could run in there a couple of times a week without getting injured my fitness would come on in leaps and bounds,  I suspect. Not suitable for dark evenings unfortunately.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all (just)
    Stay wrapped up Poppy
    Emz - enjoy the walk

What - short and easy
    Why - admin and chores so squeezing stuff in
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - Tuesday.
    lyric - don't think so

• LMH/Ale: Thanks for advice, will look at doing some leg work at gym for glutes. And Ale, regarding the funfair hijacking your halfway-house, look on the bright side you aren't drinking the rubbish I drink, tonight's tipple is a combination of 660ml bottles of Tiger and Cobra.
    OH: Hope those miles melt away
    Emz: Happy belated birthday! Hope that leg eases, have a great touristy time
    Dustin: Know that feeling well, trying to get everything in, I'm squeezing Uni (one of my jobs) admin work at the moment.
    SC: If you pick this up, are you at TKD championships in Brum, a couple of folks from our club are going down to it.
    Poppy: Bless, it's a roller-coaster of highs and lows, I'll get a Lemsip pizza delivered to your house.

What: Did a 10 miler this morning, quite tough going actually, wasn't on par, quite tired. Then eldest daughter to A&E suspected hernia, she is having it rough at the moment, back up there at 6:20 for an appointment.
    Why: Want to ensure I keep doing 10+ runs once a week whilst no events planned*
    Lyrics: Familiar

*Ravenscar has now opened for entries, will be doing that for sure, it's a half-mara, but not until May. Long way off, we will be living on the moon by then.

• Herzlichen Glückwunsch nachträglich, em

Too many on the bench! Hope it's not a bad cold, poppy

Can you do the splits, Benjy? You sound uber- bendy :)

Looking forward to OH's tales.

What: 7 miles with 2 sets of 6*100m strides
    Why: mixing things up
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: familiar but no

Yesterday's were of course The  Cure, Friday I'm in love
  • Oh dear Benjy, I hope your girl is ok.

Do you have any races planned chicksta?
  • Very wet pretty slow (8h19) 33miles completed.
    Windy but not as bad as predicted.
    Ladylady sorted out a hot bath for me on return :smile:
    Last hard see above
    Last rest yesterday (excluding 8h drive)
    Lyrics no
  • Well done on what sounds a tough day out, OH! Enjoy your evening!