Thursday, 8 November 2018 - All of my life I've tried so hard

Morning :)

Today's lyrics:  All of my life I've tried so hard
Doing my best with what I had.

What: MLR of sorts. Very tired but dragged myself out of bed to face and dark damp morning.
Why: I was asking myself that question too
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: 29/10

Comments

• Morning Chick,

I hope the MLR goes well similar conditions here as well.

What; short run

Why: short of time with jab and washing machine delivery

Last hard:sleeping

Lyrics: yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - originally by Bob Dylan but covered by Glenn Campbell.

Hope you managed your runs chicksta and Poppy.

Sorry to hear that your leg is still giving you grief emzap.

What:         probably short and easy/gym
    Why:          I have new shoes to try/trying to do the right thing
    Last hard:  being brave at the dentist
    Last rest:   14/0

Lyrics - familiar but can't say yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, fitness suite

Why: sensible head
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Great performance in a pub theatre last night. Walthamstow has changed so much!
    Alehouse, enjoy the short run, how many days a week do you run now?
    LMH enjoy  the short, easy and new shoes!
    Poppy hope you are feeling better, have a good run
    chick, I was up silly early too, hope run goes well

What: couple of miles later before yoga
    Why: Thursday
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap sorry your leg is sore, hope it eases up
    LMH whoopee about the dentist!!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Chick - P& D schedule with the LTPs?
    What - U 11 coaching
    Why - routine
    last rest - this week
    last hard - single leg squats on the left hand side
    lyric - nope

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Wabo: Walthamstow, who was the gig East 17? Sorry poor joke but couldn't resist. Enjoy your miles today Wabo.
    Ale: I have visions of 'sensible head on' being walking in to a walk-in wardrobe and choosing from a variety of heads on a shelf with labels, picking one up, unscrewing current head and screwing in the one marked sensible. (Like Wurzel Gummidge did with his turnip heads). Glad it is bolted on though.
    LMH: New shoes, love those first few runs, the bounce before they settle in. Hope they bode well for you today. Regarding my eldest with suspected hernia, she has to wait two months for an ultrasound, frustrating.
    Chicksta: Great determination there today, great stuff. You did the right thing, you would have been cheesed off I'm sure later if you didn't get out.
    Welsh: Pushed for time, I know the feeling this week, but it manages to get squeezed in somewhere. It's how we work. Like a how a labrador wags its tail when its head is patted.

Sorry chaps, been a bit awol this week, lots of to and fro, chasing deadlines etc, then before I know it, it is evening.

Similar to Welsh today timewise. I've got a few runs in this week, but nothing spectacluar. Sun afternoon did gym training for legs, quite punishing, the DOMS has been spectacular for that, as though I ran two marathons. Mon 6.5 miles early evening, Tues 5.75 miles lunchtime, yesterday a very rapid but heavy gym session, bit rubbish as clock watching.

What: Lunchtime run to Jeremy Vine (Brexit discussion and new evidence regarding the merits of fish finger sandwhiches I imagine or something like that). Down cindertrack to North Bay, castle headland and back I'm guessing. If you have a super-secret NORAD spy satelitte I'll give a wave.
    Why: 'Werkin* from home, will need to get out for a bit.
    Lyrics: My goodness, I know I should know, but I don't know.

*Scarborough accent, it is like a Yorkshire/Hull hybrid, with a very slight up down at times of North East. It is said fast but sounds like Whuuur-kin, 70/30 ratio on the syllable duration as opposed to 50/50. Just so you know.
    Sorry had four cups of coffee, bit jittery/giddy.

• Benjy - that' exactly where the sensible head idea comes from. Sorry to hear that your daughter has to wait so long for the ultrasound, have you had the result of the MRI on her knee yet? The poor thing is far too young for all of this. New shoes are a new model and whilst ok do not feel as nice as my lovely Bostons.

Are things feeling any better Dustin?
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

just been to my 2nd funeral in 3 days. I have been to 3 funerals of friends this year. 61, 59 and 57 - 2 of the 3 completely out the blue and the other was the scurge of cancer. I'm fed up if I am honest. I turn 48 tomorrow and safe to say a celebration is not planned. I have done enough celebrating life this week.

Base is indeed the name of the game, the problem is the game. I'm actually not sure if the journey I started 2 years ago is now where I want to race at 50. People dying all the time is making me sit and look at my running shoes a lot more than I should, I'm supposed to do no more than 4hours a week of running and keep volume low yet I have run 31 miles in 3 days and I don't feel like stopping but if I don't get a grip will my gammy leg fall apart? Do I care?

Interesting times in the House of Gob and some battles with myself ahead.

Apologies for the depressed post, it's not a cry for help or anything trust me I am fine and in a good place largely. The only dilemma is which events I want to dominate as a V50 :¬)

What: 7.5 miles d&d - PM should be cycling

Why: Base in the place and covering the options

Last hard: Saturday from a sports point of view

Last rest: recently as I had my end of season break

Lyrics: Very possibly again.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    gobi, oh dear that is far too sad, all of them except one younger than me.  I cannot imagine.  
  • Gobi - it's easy as far as I'm concerned - do what makes you happy now because none of us know how long we have. I've been told I have limited miles before I need my knees replacing but running is what keeps me sane so I intend to keep doing it as long as I can and work out what to do after that. Life's too short - and doctors, no matter how good, are not always right.
  • Wow, Gobi that's too many losses to deal with in such a short time.

Benjy: Your accent post made me smile :)

I managed a little over 11 miles in the end. Legs are a bit tired, tbh.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: walk into town
    Why: run was cancelled a cba but hadn't left the house for 48 hours so was good and got out!
    Last hard: motivation
    Lyrics: nope

Sorry to hear your news Gobi.

Lmh totally agree.

Have a lovely evening all
  • Not a good time Gobi  :'(

What Portabello swim then Ben Vrackie (Pitlochry). Now in Inverness. Tomorrow evening's boat cancelled so will get home Saturday afternoon.