Saturday 17th November 2018 - Love is but a song we sing

Morning.

Lyrics - Love is but a song we sing

Anyone racing this weekend?

What:              short and easy/gym
Why:               legs need it/Mark wants to
Last hard:       looking a the weather forecast - it's going to get cold
Last rest:        14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I was supposed to but forgot to enter so off to Brighton as I booked my hotel. 

Too much going on in my life at the point entries shut. 

What: bike 
    Why: day switching duathlete
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    parkrun maybe plus a bit more later
    XC tomorrow (gets out map!)
    Last hard: some of you poses yesterday evening
    Last rest: 8 days ago
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What:Very slow shuffle at parkrun this morning at just under 29 Mon
    Why:Still full of cold (yesterday afternoon spent on the sofa)
    Last hard: that was. Made sure I went at a pace I could talk at the whole way
    Lyrics: nope

Pilates yesterday missed so will do it tomorrow

Have a good weekend

• Options
    Morning!

Sorry you are not well, EmzAnd sorry you forgot to enter, Gobi!

Hope you got to pr, OH! And can find the xc!

What: South Manchester parkrun

Why: habit! Wasn't sure why before the start. Felt awful in warm up, the loos were shut, Achilles tender. Set off steadily (5:08 for 1st km, sensible head/traffic) and gradually picked it up, with 4:28 for the last k. Wasn't flat out so pleased with 23:42, the fastest since June 2017. Seem to be progressing in the right direction so will continue with the present training regime...but I know that progress is rarely in a straight line...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Good news Alehouse.

Hope you have a nice weekend away regardless Gobi.

Are you taking up yoga too OH?

Hope you haven't set yourself back emzap - and get well soon.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Morning ,

EM: Watch that this bug does not bite you back as it seems to be a bug that keeps giving.

Finally I am off the sickness bench:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why : because I can no better reason
    last hard: Past three days
    Lyrics: Yes

Fastest 4 mile run for course but then I am not keen on course so only run 8 times in 3 years and 6 of those were coming back from injury;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling better today Poppy.

Hope you can shake the cold, Em.

Ale: solid parkrun. You should be pleased.

Gobi: that's a bit annoying. Enjoy Brighton nevertheless.

LMH: cold here too. And windy.

What: 8 miles with hill sprints and strides
    Why: working on speed and strength
    Last hard: breathing is still a bit off
    Last rest: 9/10

Yesterday's were Early Morning Wake-up Call, Flash and the Pan.
  • Options
    That was a swift recover from a chest infection chicksta! Glad you're feeling better.

Today and tomorrow aren't too bad but we are forecast a cold week from Monday  :(
  • Options
    Evening!

Wish my chest infections were so short lived, Chick! And yes, I'm pleased, not so much with today but more with the consistent training which seems to be gradually making a difference. 

LMH: better the cold than it turning wet! Imagine how slippy all those crunchy leaves would become! Did you get to the gym?

How was parkrun, OH? And I wasn't quite sure about your earlier post either!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I wrote nonsense there.
    Last rest was 9/11. D' oh.

LMH: I've no idea what hit me. I was coughing up stuff out of the blue. And my chest makes funny noises when I breathe but all without the typical symptoms of sore throat, achy bones, chills, elevated HR, etc. so I figured it was safe to run. Lots of people around me are ill. Guess I lucked out and my immune system knocked that bug before it could develop fully.
  • Options
    Earlier post should have been "yoga poses"
    27m05 pr (windy), 11.5 total today
  • Options
    Emz: Hope you feeling better soon, good going getting out there considering how you feel
    Chicksta: That sounds a good run 8 miles with hilly sprints, tiptop
    Ale: Leaves certainly are slippy, encountered loads of them this week, when damp they are like banana skins in a cartoon, had a few instances of losing footing
    Welsh: Great you are feeling more on form, sounds like a bad instance there
    LMH: Certainly been nice here today, preparing for the change in weather, its coming
    Gobi: Hope you have a good time in Brighton regardless, plenty going on there

Don't normally do two days in row running but been getting out for 6 or 7 milers every day this week (except Friday) inbetween jobs. Heading to York tomorrow morning for Taekwondo grading.

What: Did a swift 7 miler just after lunchtime, slippy in parts because of the leaves as Ale mentions, they have suddenly descended in volume within a short space of time.
    Why: Managed to squeeze run in whilst youngest daughter at dancing
    Lyrics: No

• Options
    It is quite slippery in places here already Alehouse and yes, I made it to the gym for  the second time this week.

How is your peak flow chicksta?

Nice running OH - any races in the calendar?
  • Options
    I now understand, OH! And that looks like a good day's training. Enjoy the XC tomorrow!