What could it be ?

After running for just over 2 months i have progressed to being able to run 1 min to around 20 mins. (PB for 1.5 mile is 11:26)

I keep getting this odd tightness in my front of lower leg (Shin area) I thought at first it was shin splints as its very similar in location.

I have just watched a video regarding running form, as if i have good running form i shouldn't be getting lower legs fatigued after 1 mile into my run,, which is currently happening.

This video explains that i should be doing a thing called dorsiflexion (Pulling foot towards the shins before forefoot strike)

Should i have this action being completed every strike >? Currently it seems as if the small muscle is getting fatigued causing the lower leg to get light and sore over the course of 7mins +

Can someone explain what i should be doing before my foot strikes the ground ?

Comments

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    I don't think you should be actively thinking about dorsiflexing your ankle. If you are, that's probably what is causing the muscles to tighten at the front of you shin. I like to think about my foot just unfolding and dropping to the ground straight underneath me at the end of swing. It's really hard to say though without seeing you run.

Good luck and keep at it.
  • Thats exactly what is happening, I activate it on every time my foot hits the ground and its very fatigued after a while, to the point where i can't flex my foot to point up toward shins, its so tight and the "Pain" is very strong.
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Here's one of the best blogs I've found on running form. There is lots of junk out there.

https://www.scienceofrunning.com/2010/08/how-to-run-running-with-proper.html?v=79cba1185463

• This exercise is for the development of strong and massive calf muscles, which is able to give the calves additional volume and a characteristic beautiful shape. It all depends on the condition of the legs. If you feel tired or hurt, then it is better not to overload, but for consolidation and tonos, I would definitely advise.