newbie introduction

1235»

Comments

• Hi all,
    After many years I’ve decided to start running again in the hope it improves my physical and mental health after one heck of a strange year! I have osteoarthritis in my knees so have to take things carefully so I have decided to start right at the beginning with a couch to 5k approach. Any advice of decent running shoes and knee supports would be appreciated
  • Hello MATE , I wanna present automated secure Dumps shop service with high quality dumps
    Welcome to the best website for selling dumps.We provide an excellent opportunity to make big money for people from all over the world. If you are a professional, then you will appreciate the quality of our dumps and become our regular customer. If you are looking for a verified seller, then you are in the right place. This site can be trusted.
    https://dump99.in/
  • Hello everyone, first time on the boards. Nice to meet you all.
  • Hi all. Another newbie (to running, and the forum). Feeling optimistic about 2021 and excited to learn from others here
  • Marlboro Gold stands apart from the competition. In some areas Marlboro Medium is available. Gold and Silver completes the range. It was a replacement for Marlboro Lights and Marlboro Ultra Lights. Generally, Marlboro Gold is one of the world's bestsellers thanks to the ideal combination of the highest quality tobacco blend, great taste, superb design, and best price you can get at our store... Get Marlboro lights online. Classical light taste along with regular king size. Free international delivery for ANY order. Iconic tobacco brand at the lowest price.
  • PogPog ✭✭
    Hello - great to join you. Been running now since 2019 (when I turned 50). Great work Sarahsjs!! I was told by a podiatrist not to run 11 years ago now I'm training for the Chester Half Marathon and everything that was weak and vulnerable is now solid and stable. Just realising that running encourages others too to challenge themselves as to what they can do. If I can become a runner virtually everyone can!! :-)
  • Hi my first post after joining today :) I have spent all of my 53 years thinking running was not for me . Working from home since lockdown and gradually gaining weight finally made me realise that if I wanted to stay healthy I need to do something both my parents are now in poor health , I want my children to have a healthy Mum (fingers crossed).
    Back at the beginning of March this year I stopped having a bottle of wine every weekend started eating healthy I also found the "How to start running today:A beginners guide" myself and my partner started with a seven week walk plan ..... I am now on stage 2 week 4, yesterday felt like even a minute of running was too much but today I slowed right down and I did the run 1minute walk 3 no problem at all.
    I have lost just under a stone since i began too added bonus.
    Looking forward to reading all your posts and staying inspired
  • Sorry to hijack this thread temporarily but does anyone know how to start a new thread? There are no options for me to do so?!?! Thanks (and sorry again)
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Jimbogarner" class="js-userCard" data-userid="6135640" title="Link: /profile/Jimbogarner">Jimbogarner</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Sorry to hijack this thread temporarily but does anyone know how to start a new thread? There are no options for me to do so?!?! Thanks (and sorry again)</div>
    </blockquote>
    Never mind I posted this and it’s now appeared!
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Welcome Lifebeigins and well done on starting the running journey.

Jimbogarner - as it's appeared I think that would mean you've now posted 10 times in threads so it opens up for you.
  • ArthArth ✭✭
      Hello, everyone, I am glad to be amongst you. I'm a 26 year old male and my history with athletics has been unremarkable. I did manage to lose a significant amount of weight from the summer of 2020 to the spring of 2021, somewhere around 3 stone. This was done primarily with diet, but I also added a decent amount of walking in to keep me outdoors and motivated. 

I put on a few KGs in February - March of this year and decided to look to running and strength training to help me lose the last stone or two that I'd like to lose, and also add some body recomp in. Again, diet is the way, these exercises are just tools to help me. I'm now on week 5 of the couch to 5k program and I am having an absolute blast. I feel like my life has already been drastically changed, I have caught the bug, and I'm not talking about COVID. I eagerly look forward to my run every other day and I strength train in my off days.

I plan on running 20 minutes continuously this upcoming week and hope to complete the program during the summer. I will continue to gain muscle, endurance, and fitness in general. By the time 2022 comes around I will be a new human being. I love running, who knew!?!?
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Arth.....You seem to be going well, and in a good direction. Very wise to have alternate days for leg recovery. A lot of people would become over-confident with their early success, and make a mess of things by over-doing the miles. Glad that you are enjoying your running. I'm 50 years older than you but get the same enjoyment out of this simple activity. Keep it sensible and have many years of happy running.
  • Hi all, I’m new to running, a lockdown couch to 5k runner after being a committed, absolutely definitely not ever, non-runner until the age of 50! I’ve done some virtual runs for medals including a 10k, and my daughter and I have signed up to do the Vitality Half Marathon which has been postponed to 22nd Aug. Thought I’d join here to read comments and get info & advice. Thank you all
  • Hi all. Glad to join :)