Saturday 15th December 2018 - You were waiting for an answer

Morning.

Lyrics - You were waiting for an answer

We have a weather warning for snow and ice too Alehouse but none actually forecast for us. Supposed to feel like -4 for most of the day though, I think my sleeping bag jacket may get its first wear of the season. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer as forecast.

What:            short and easy/possible gym
Why:             have a friend staying so will work around them
Last hard:     keeping warm yesterday was hard
Last rest:      27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Road Runner by Aerosmith.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Through the window it doesn't look too bad, but my weather app says the current feel like temperature is minus 8, and by lunchtime -12 with 88 kph winds. I hope they are wrong! It is supposed to snow by 9 a.m. Send it Don's way, I say!

What: a gentle parkrun with lots of clothing on!

Why: it is cold! Probably wouldn't go but meeting some of the uni kids (who will probably be more sensible and stay in bed!)

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: driving to Kent
    Why: meet a new memebr of the family (not the newest though, we're getting 4 new babies in 3 months)
    Last hard: will probably be the M25!
    Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Morning!

Enjoy your weekend, Emz!

What: 6.5k including parkrun in just under 25. Bitterly cold for the first k or so: hit my face and teeth particularly. Thankfully it was dry, and still is. Perhaps Don has indeed received our snow.
    Steady first half and then pushed the last couple of k a little.

Why: did ask myself several times. And no uni runners.

Meant to say I don't know the lyrics.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Slow parkrun (30:01) #7/12
    Why: 30 gusting 60 mph
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: yesterday
    (Gave yoga a miss due to hand injury)
    Lyrics no

Duvet jackets have been standard wear here for a while - inside as well as outside!
  • Crikey, have you no heating, OH ;)? And what have you done to your hand?

Biting Easterly winds here too and snow forecast for tomorrow. I have race no. 2 of my winter series. Hey ho. Not a chance of freezing around in vest and shorts - I've decided on thermals, 2 layers of merino plus a lightweight sleeveless windbreaker, hat and gloves.

Lovely baby boom, em. Hope the M25 is not too bad. That's one thing about England that I was glad to leave behind.

LMH: enjoy your weekend with friends

Office Xmas party last night and I felt like death today. Kicked myself out into the cold for a 6 miler to sweat off the excess alcohol :D it was good to let my hair down a bit last night though. Didn't even have that much but then it doesn't take much to knock me out...

What: 6 chilly miles
    Why: penance
    Last hard: hangover
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no

Have a fab weekend, all. Anyone else racing tomorrow?
  • Hope the journey went well and you have a nice time emzap.

I can't be doing with being cold in the house OH.

Hope the weather isn't as bad as forecast tomorrow chicksta. Horrible here this afternoon - cold, wet and windy. I'm hoping the rain goes through before we need to walk to the restaurant.

I find it really hard to get moving at any speed when it's cold like this Alehouse.

I may designate tonight as my xmas party as we're off to the Indian (at my friend's request). 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: worthing parkrun and miles at effort
    Why: going to see Rocky Horror in Brighton
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 31st October

Ran 18 dead in ice rain and huge winds. Leg speed is lacking but feel strong.

Saw aquaman this afternoon and it was good !

Now to eat pizza and put my make up on
  • Another 6 added this afternoon.
    Tucked up by open fire now. 🔥
  • Gobi said:
    What: worthing parkrun and miles at effort
    Why: going to see Rocky Horror in Brighton
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 31st October

Ran 18 dead in ice rain and huge winds. Leg speed is lacking but feel strong.

Saw aquaman this afternoon and it was good !

Now to eat pizza and put my make up on
    :D lol Gobi

Enjoy your meal, LMH
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Evening all

back to out door running today after a few efforts on the treadmill following Op.

So a steady parkrun , number 449...... in 23:43, no dramas

followed by an early Christmas day with R&S as R is working Christmas day in A&E, so feeling fat after roast lamb and all the trimmings

Take care all