Options

Starting Again Training

Hello - I've been 10 plus years on here now but haven't run in over a year.  I have a background (marathons and ultras - last marathon 2017) running but seemed i fell out of love with it.  I am not particularly fit although have been doing cycling and spin.  So looking for some help on plans.  Do i start with a beginners couch to 5k?  Thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Sol2Sol2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back.

I don't think you need to start again with a c25k, although, of course, you could. One of two ways you could do it. Either go out for three half-hour jogs, slowing to a short walk when you feel the need. Or, go out three times a week or so for a half hour walk, sprinkling in jogs. Every week, aim to increase the overall run time while decreasing the walking. You might feel that you can progress much faster than on the c25k program.

The main thing is, this time, make sure you keep it enjoyable and sustainable. Good luck 

• Options
    ShedboyShedboy ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sol - yeah the c25k is a bit boring tbh after nearly a week.  I had thought about the 30 min jogs and walk when i need to - i am going for that with some cross training and strength in between.  Should be ready for sub 3 in April ;)