The Thousand Mile Club - 2019

Comments

• Good luck with that, senidM.
    A baselayer at 21 degrees, Dubai? :o
    (You are joking, right?)

It's single digits in London at the moment so getting myself out there is a battle most days, but I logged another 8 miles. Boom.

YTD: 1651
  • Cal I wasn't joking.

13.16 miles this morning

YTD 1543.83 miles<div>
    </div>
  • GipfelGipfel ✭✭✭
    I hit my thousand miles yesterday at the end of a nice easy run on farm paths/lanes before work - hurrah! I know it's only an arbitrary number, but somehow it was very pleasing and put me in a good mood all day.

MrM2, congratulations and well deserved on your part! I do know a few people in your 'excellent V70 vet' running category and find them nothing short of inspiring. Cal, congratulations and well deserved to you as well! I wish everyone many, many more years of happy running. I have been running myself since my early 30s (V40 now) and find it hard to imagine that not so long ago I didn't run at all - yet if someone had explained to me in my 20s, say, what a big part of my life it would become, I'd have laughed and not believed them! 

YTD: 1003
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ytd: 1039.8

Thanks for the comments about the dilemma I have on Sunday with the gifted entry for a sold out event. I'm a great one for following rules, so running as another person causes some aniexity, but on balance what's the harm. My friend has paid her money, no one loses out, no fraudulent gfa will be achieved, no prizes unfairly won. Overall think I'll run although the name printed on the number is an issue. Hopefully no one will notice! 

• Have a great race Donnie, or whatever you're calling yourself this weekend. 
    Gipfel, congratulations on the 1000, only a number but a great number and still a month and a bit to go.
    Last official Couch to 5k for our group in work they're smashing it, 2 easy 5k runs for them next week then Parkrun on the 30th...I nobbled our bosses today for the charity effort.
    Couple of hill reps as well tonight.
    1217 miles YTD. 
  • Well done on the 1000, Gipfel, and thankyou!

Greenwich parkrun and a mile warm-up so 4 miles for me today.

YTD: 1655
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Thanks, you've got your best years ahead of you! Have a good run.
    Gipfel... Thanks, and congrats on passing 1000'.
    Hobie... Well done on seeing your group through to 5k! Hope they all enjoy the parkrun experience, and enjoy many years of running.

Decided that a wet and muddy parkrun didn't have much to offer, just two weeks out from Lanzarote, so enjoyed a double loop (6' x 2) that I've done a few times. Half of it is traffic-free, but not dog-walker free. Second loop was 20 secs slower than the first, but I did go out 'fasted'. Home in 1:59:59, meeting my goal pace of 10 min/mile o'all. Happy.
    Resorted to treadmill, two days ago, and managed 10km in under an hour. I was glad when it was over! and I never feel that way outside.
    YTD: 1281' .
  • I hate the tready, MrM2 - the only time I'd consider it was if there was ice or snow.

15 miles today, which is my longest run since Yorkshire, but it was pretty awful. It took me 6 miles to get to normal easy pace (I was running at recovery pace, and not deliberately) and I had a lot of aches and twinges. Not sure why my body is so grumpy today. Still, got it done.

YTD: 1670
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... well done on your 15'. Hope you'll feel 'normal' on next run.
    Really going to start the taper now (only two weeks to go). Couldn't resist the calmish weather so went out for a brisk 6', along the seafront. Intended to work up to a couple of 9 min miles but they came up straight away! In fact only clocked 45:18 for 5' before a slower final mile. What is happening? Body just wants to run!
    Left knee is reminding me about resting! Will give more time to my stretching routine.
    YTD: 1287' .
  • Well done everyone, Cal, nice 15 & MrM, good work. 
    Race day for me, one of our neighbouring clubs (Sarn Helen) holds a trail race up a hill to a transmission mast and back down the other side of the hill...nearly 2000ft of climb and only a 6.5 mile race.
    Loved it, mud, mist....lots of tea at the end.
    1223 miles YTD 
  • Doncaster 10k today. Good event, 3000 entrants, closed roads, very quick course and a great infrastructure as race is based at Doncaster racecourse. Ahead of expectations, just dipped under 46 minutes for my fastest 10k for a few years. 

Hobie: I love your off road stuff, I've done nothing remotely comparable. Always interesting when posters share news of the events they participate in. 

Cal: anything planned or just ticking over? 

Ytd: 1049.0
  • Donnie, you mean aside from Tokyo Marathon? It's only 14 weeks away which is why I'm starting to ramp up again (I rather wish I could have taken a bit more time off after Yorkshire to do easy runs and the odd fun race, but when life throws an opportunity your way, you have to go with it!). I have a 5K track race in 2 weeks and a 10K mid-December, then a half marathon in January (it better not bloody snow!)

Today's run felt a lot better - physio stuck his elbow into bits of me. He seems to do a much better job of making me feel better than sports masseurs, and he's cheaper.
    Did 9 miles with 7 miles progressing to MP and then 2 miles recovery/cool-down.

YTD: 1679.
  • 23.11 3.85
    24.11 5.01 and 2.7
    25.11 3.01

YTD 1558.4
  • 6 miles today - was supposed to be more but my colon decided it wanted to do an encore so I had to cut it short. I'll do my medium run tomorrow instead. Shame, as it's actually nice out at the moment and I was enjoying the run, aside from having to clench the whole way. :s

YTD: 1675
  • Long run at a nearby desert park for me, no issues except a bit of sun on my neck, sunny and 28 degrees, have given in to my teenage sons and switched the pool heater on.

20.05 miles

YTD 1578.45 miles
  • Got 11 miles done today, easy pace, dark and a bit rainy.

YTD: 1686
  • Was chilly this morning, only 18 degrees at 7am. 10.89 miles done.

YTD 1589.34 miles
  • Entered the 2 Oceans Ultra in Cape Town in April, 56k along the coast, looks beautiful.
  • Dubai Runner,

I envy you - it is one of the races I was looking at to do sometime.
    Congrats in advance for the 1600.

In the last 12 days, I have been a little under the weather with a cough and drowsiness - so only managed 
    3 x 9.92 miles
    2 x 13.22 miles
    making my
    YTD = 2417.83
  • Thanks Harmander and hope you're feeling better, couldn't resist black Friday flights with Kenyan and my wife's at the Abu Dhabi grand Prix all weekend so a good time to break that I'm off to cape Town for a week in April and Durban for a week in June.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... hope your group's parkrun goes well tomorrow.
    Donnie... nice 10k !
    Cal...good to see you 'comfortably' (?) piling on the miles. Getting impatient for Tokyo?
    Dubai... some lower temps for you. Nice 20' run; do you recover well? You've got some special events lined up for next year! Hope you are still friends when you share the news!
    Harmander... sorry to hear that you've been under the weather...hasn't kept you indoors!

Another treadmill session this week; just a mixed pace 4'. Then got out in today's afternoon sunshine and light breeze, along the seafront for 8', including a couple at mar. pace. Feeling more like Spring.  Just two or three shorter runs, next wk. before Lanzarote.
    YTD: 1299' .
  • Not impatient as such - it's 13 weeks away so I need to get on it!
    A bit jealous of your weather as it was cold and foggy this morning.

I ticked off Wimbledon Common today - it's not near the station so I made it a parkrun sandwich - 3 miles there, parkrun, just over 3 miles back (different route). Very muddy and busy parkrun so not a fast time, around 26:50 (they are very, very slow with the results at Wimbledon - I'll likely get my time tonight or tomorrow). Good cafe though - had a hot spiced apple drink which warmed me up nicely for the run back to the station.

YTD: 1695
  • Ooh, surprise, they got the results done quicker today: 26:48.
  • Did you see the wombles Cal?

MrM2 I do recover well *touch wood* - but have been running at a slower pace than normal as I'm not concerned about times but just finishing next years ultras.

Looks like no run today, was up at 0400 for work and got some workmen in now, think by the time they've finished I'll be too tired, will see.
  • Very proud of our little Couch to 5k group today...Colby Parkrun done...lovely route, 3 x 1 mile laps around  Colby Gardens.

1246 miles YTD 
  • Dubai, no, they were sensible and stayed in their warm burrow. If you do a Runthrough race on Wimbledon Common, though, they have some poor bastard who has to don a (probably festering) Womble costume and high-fives you as you go past.
  • 16 miles today, (easy pace ranging from slow to MP+1) which takes me to 51 miles for the week and over 1700 for the year.

Well done on getting your group around parkrun, Hobie - do you think most will stick with it now?

YTD: 1711
  • Cal, well done on the 1700...impressive. Yeah I think they're all carrying on...talk at the end of the Parkrun was "are we out for a run Monday lunchtime" so all good.
    Lovely 5 miles for me today, gorgeous sunny, cold weather for a change. That's me at more miles than last years total with a month to go.
    1251 miles YTD 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ytd: 1049 + 8.1 + 3.1 + 3.1 + 6.2 = 1069.5

Been at the percy pub 10k (Sheffield) today. An incredibly popular run, selling its 3000 places in a couple of hours on a Sunday evening in October. Nothing special, undulating courses, but the winners are in the elite category (omar Ahmed 28.58 and eilish mccloghan 31.47) and it taps into a pre Christmas vibe. Second time at this event, slightly slower than last year (47.50) but placed a little higher. 

Cal: I completely forgot about tokyo. I'm a little envious. 

Mr MM: good luck in lanzarotte, enjoy the sunshine. 

Hobie: my cousin did couch to 5k in the spring. Last week she run the doncaster 10k. It's a great thing your doing. Her efforts have been life changing. 

• Eilish beat her mum's record, didn't she?
    Rest day for me today (which meant gym). Not content with running Tokyo, I've also entered Chicago. Anyone want to buy a kidney?