Sunday 17th February 2019 - I wanna know what is to be

Morning.

Lyrics - I wanna know what is to be

Hope those racing today have a good one - and that OH gets back in time for the ferry!

What:            Leicestershire Half Marathon
Why:             free entry
Last hard:     raising enthusiasm for the race
Last rest:      27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Good luck to everybody racing today. Looking forward to hearing about it!

What: Taekwon-do this am.
    Why: standard session
    Last hard: Deciding what to spend my unforeseen vouchers on
    Last rest: Friday

Busy day again. TKD then rush the little one to a birthday party. Then off to Milton Keynes this afternoon for work. That will involve a curry and a beer or 2...plus weighday gets delayed till Tues. 

Go well all
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics are probably best known as "Fly me to the moon", by Frank Sinatra. However there were over a hundred recordings prior to Sinatra under the title "In Other Words". Over three hundred artists have recorded the song!

Lyrics: not today

What: short and easy plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday routine

Looking forward to reports!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Run well lmh
    I'm struggling to do anything right now
    Alehouse enjoy the Sunday routine!
    Alex enjoy what  looks like a very busy Sunday!! 
    What? 
    Why bad head day
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

stopped running.long distances after a 2nd leg break and medical advice in 2012

I do however run 30/40 a week with a pretty regular 10 miles and do some Pace making up to half marathon.

In a moment of madness I agreed to do th

22.75 miles today including 10@ around 6.40 avg.

First 20 miles since Jan 2012!!

Will be interesting to see how my body reacts

Why : I'm a pace maker
    Last hard : Tuesday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no
  • Well done Gobi.

Hope you feel better now Wabo.

Not much to report here Alehouse. Managed 13 miles at around marathon pace despite a pit stop and the course being even worse than I'd expected - we were running xc at one point!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Nice milage Gobi, 

Sounds a solid run LMH

7.5m today.... an my polar wtach informed me that that was my longest run... (since July last year) so happy with that.... leg is now nicely dragging as i now very tired.... but the run went very well and a nice easy pace of 9:20's

Lyrice, familiar but not certain.
  • Afternoon!

Steady, RFJ! And Gobi! Hope both of both of your legs are ok tomorrow, guys!

LMH: saw the result, and coupled with your report, there are lots of positives to take from today. Well done!

Hope you got (or get) out for a decent run, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope you survived the long run, Gobi.

Do you have a new appointment lined up, RFJ? Well done on the longest run.

Good MP sesh, LMH.

Wabo: maybe a little run will clear that head up?

Congrats on your new car, Alex.

I ended up running MP too today as I met my new friends from yesterday's parkrun and agreed to pace two of them to a sub 1:45 half. Conveniently they'd upgraded the course from 20 odd k to HM distance due to construction work en route. The diversion included a nasty narrow footpath with tree roots and loose stones as well as 5 or 6 180 degrees turns so pretty chuffed to come home in 1:44:25.

Sometimes it's nice to drop the ego and give something back. The weather was definitely conducive to a PB but my legs were quite heavy today so I doubt I would have rocked the world today. I've covered 60 miles this week including a hardcore VO2 max. session. Saving myself for the final race in March. I may train a bit smarter in the week leading up to that one.
  • Well done Chick off the back of a decent week's training!
  • Well done LMH and chick on your races  .

Alex: Good luck with weigh in on Tuesday.Are you following a plan or making it up as you go along?

What: 5.5miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Being under the weather/sleeping so much/gaining 4 lbs this week!!
    Lyrics: Nope but would have got yesterday,s :)
    Last rest 13/2

Aberafan today and a very good run very pleased with how it went.It is so nice to be on the coast and on the flat;-)So two days with 5 milers so lets hope I can build up again before I go away on Friday.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm glad you enjoyed your run chicksta.

I'm not sure what they'd be Alehouse.

Hope you enjoy the new car Alex. Did you decide what to spend your windfall on?

Sounds as though you had a good run Poppy. I hope you're over whatever ails you.

Nice to see progress RFJ.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    What - Bramley 20
    Why - It's 15 minutes away
    last rest - 4 weeks
    last hard - I guess 20 is never not hard...

Decided not to go mad today (out last night for daughters 21st dinner), instead pacing three of the village team training for first marathons. Aimed to run around 9min/miling, first 10 in 88:30, finished in 2:57 so pretty much bang on with even splits. Saw a couple of RFJ's lot for much of the second 10 (Swindon Striders). Felt comfortable as it should. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Will done racers and Pacers :)
    Gobi hope you're ok tomorrow

What: 11 or 12 km walked to pub for lunch
    Why: I need to get out!
    Last hard: I don't do hard
    Lyrics: nope

That X country parkrun I did before I went away had just been voted joint hardest in the UK, so not feeling so bad about my time now!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Evening!

Good walking, Emz! Hope there is no reaction. Must be close to gentle running now! Was looking at some of my post Achilles op re-introduction to running runs! Things like 30 secs jog, then 40, 50, 60 with a short walk in between each; then 40/50/60/70. then 50/60/70/90 with only two or three "runs" per week. 

LMH: positives include pinning a number on (often under-estimated); 13 miles at marathon pace is not to be sniffed at (I know that you would like to have gone faster but the course for one thing didn't help judging by the times of others not just yours); a big front-loaded week with no real taper to speak of; 3rd place and first "master". 

Wonder if OH made the ferry back or is having a long sea swim?