Options

Saturday, 23 February 2019 - See me ride out of the sunset

Morning :)
Lyrics: See me ride out of the sunset
Very random but somehow this just popped into my head ;)

Yesterday's were Faithless, Insomnia

That's a pleasing result at LFOTM, Ale

What: short run / parkrun volunteering
Why: can't sleep / someone's gotta do it and I'm happy to help
Last hard: insomnia
Last rest: 23/1

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

I had a bad night too chicksta - it's a pain. Hope the weather is kind for your run and volunteering stint.

How are you feeling today Alehouse?

Hope you enjoyed your evening with junior RFJ.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           Saturday usually is
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Feel reasonable today, LMH! But will be taking it easy for a few days. Official result was 23:00, which is fine for a non-flat out run. WAVA was 72.4% and I was surprised to see that I was first M65 in my first M65 race! 

What: will jog and watch the parkrun at the end of my road, or volunteer if they are short. May take myself somewhere different this pm and run/walk gently.

Why: sensible head.

Looks like another beautiful day; may even have to mow the lawn. Unheard of for February!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Excellent news on all counts Alehouse. Foggy and chilly here again this morning and taking longer to burn off than yesterday. I'm going to have to wrap up and get out regardless.
  • Options
    Well done AH

parkrun marshalling then swim
    Cool breezy day
    Last hard yoga
    Last rest valentines day
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Annoyed I didn't get yesterday's lyrics seeing as it's on my running playlist!  :D:D

That's a good result ale! I wish I'd have done a flat out 5k when I was fit. I've only ever done 2 timed 5ks! Think I'd best up that number in a few weeks. 

Sorry to see about the sleep troubles LMH/Chick 

Feel good after yesterday's run. But today is rugby day so it's a recovery and hydration day  ;) Seriously though, I'm being sensible and not running 2 days consecutive yet. Down the Gower this weekend so will go for my scenic coast run tomorrow.

What: Rest and Rugby
    Why: Not ready to do 2 days yet.
    Last hard: Being this sensible
    Last rest: Today
    Lyrics: Nah

Enjoy your Saturday runs/volunteering!

• Options
    Cool and breezy marshalling day for me too, OH. It was -2 but a nasty Easterly breeze made it feel much colder. Secretly I'd hoped there'd be no walkers today but we had one M80-84 who came in after 1 hour. Hot chocolate with cream in the cafe afterwards warmed us up though :)

Sounds positive, Ale. Good WAVA too.

Sensible, Alex. I only ran every other day too when I built back.

I'm pretty sure you all know today's song.

Glad I'm not the only one with sleep issues, LMH. I wonder if we'd run better on more sleep.

So 8 miles run early doors. Shower, change, breakfast and drive to parkrun. Now plonked down on the sofa and not going to get out again.
  • Options
    Marshalling and swim done.
    Despite actual pr start being 5 minutes late at 9:35, 2 walkers stated after that, well behind the tail walker!
    Grr
    Haven't swum in a pool since last July, LMH. Today's swim was at Skiba Geo with Brough of Birsay lighthouse as backdrop.

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    that water looks cold AH

Well done Ale

Steady and prgressive parkrun run

Forgot race starts at 0830 tomorrow, so will be an early start....

Off out for meal with Mrs RFJ and Jnr tonight.

Take care all
  • Options
    Beautiful OH - if a tad chilly for me. Made me hanker for Birsay Bay Tearoom's cake:-) I'm pretty sure more sleep would help.

Nice running and volunteering chicksta.

Enjoy your evening out RFJ.
  • Options
    Good luck for your 10k tomorrow RFJ.  Have a nice meal with your family.

Good result on your LFOTHM Ale.  Well done to 1st M65!

It was around 15 degrees in the sun yesterday Wabo with hardly any wind.  I haven't dusted off the lightweight short shorts yet though.  Back to long trousers today as windy.

Enjoy the Gower Alex - another lovely place (the UK has lots of those doesn't it).

Brrr to the marshalling Chicksta.  I'm sure you deserved that hot chocolate afterwards!  Enjoy the sofa.

Brr also to that water OH.

Did you get out for a decent run LMH?

Lyrics: no

What: HM in 1:52:10 as this week's long run
    Why: getting used to HM distance
    Last hard: running uphill against a gusty NE wind
    Last easy: running much faster downhill in the other direction
    Last rest: 17.02.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Just short and easy for me today Hazel - we were meeting friends for lunch today so I was a bit time limited but legs needed an easier day anyway. The UK does indeed have a lot of lovely places, but I'm sure you do there too.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Alehouse well done yesterday
    Lmh did park run in shorts. 1st my age out of 3. Hope you've had a good day
    Nice one hazel great half running
    Chick sorry to hear about your sleep, great run though!
    Rfj have a nice meal
    Oh great pics as always
    Alex hope you enjoyed rugby
    I haven't enjoyed football or rugby today
    What park run
    Why not up to long one today
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12/16

I'm struggling with tooth pain/ neuralgia Cannot believe the timing. Got to run long tomorrow. 
    Run well any racers tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I haven't enjoyed football or rugby today either, Wabo. Well done at parkrun and hope pain is soon sorted.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.