Monday 25th February 2019 Through early morning fog I see

Morning!

Lyrics: Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be

Not a good night! Not that the lyrics are related: simply the only foggy ones that came to mind.

What: M73 wants short and easy

Why: he ran the National xc and my chest is still not right. Hope the fog has gone by the appointed meeting time of 9:15.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Gloomy by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Not as foggy here this morning Alehouse so hoping it will clear early. Is your chest continuing to improve?

It's a shame it's not better supported OH but I guess you have a small pool of runners to try to interest.

Congratulations Dustin.

A new Garmin Alex?

What:             hopefully a MLR or even a LSR
    Why:              London
    Last hard:      sleeping not easy here again
    Last rest:       27/1
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Well done Dustin
    OH
    - shame about the numbers! Well done on cracking on with it.
    Ale - hope all ok and fog clears!
    LMH - thinking about it. I like the look of the newer ones and the fact they can double up as an everyday (smart) watch. Trouble is, a direct replacement for my trusty 910xt is blooming expensive  :o. Plus, watches like the Fenix have features I simply don't need. So, may go for a (relatively) cheaper one like the vivoactive with music.

Weighday today...lost a little bit. 0.6lb to be exact. This weekend's eating out and drinking did not help!  :D

What: TKD this evening
    Why: Its Monday
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: Saturday

Dog off to the vets later for some teeth out and a spinal xray. Poor thing is looking at me all confused why he's not had a walk or breakfast yet!
  • It's better than a gain Alex! I have the 230 which I use as an everyday watch, Mark has the 235 as he likes the optical HRM (which doesn't work on me). Hope the dog is ok - always a worry when they have an anaesthetic.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Ale - well done to your M73, Nationals looked delightful, only a few of our lot made the trip, I decided against it. Nottingham next year, love that course!
    Alex - hope the vets visit isn't too painful (to your wallet)
    OH - Well done on the xc 

What - easy run
    Why - Recovery Monday
    last rest - last month
    last hard - I guess yesterday's XC 
    lyric - not sure
  • It's cold! A heavy frost and currently feels like -2C but the fog has cleared and the sun is out so I need to get changed and out of the door.

Enjoy the easy Dustin. I bet you do know the lyrics - I forgot to say that I do. Grew up with these on a Saturday (I think) night.
  • Morning again!

Fog has cleared, sun is out...and the cars are covered in ice!

Chest is slowly improving, LMH, but definitely not right. 

It is indeed a shame that the cross country isn't better supported, OH. Is it always the same course? And well done to Els!

Hope the dog is ok, Alex...and the wallet as Dustin says! Can't give much advice on watches: depends very much what you want from it. I have a fairly basic Garmin 310XT which does all I need (time, distance, splits) and a Tomtom Cardio2 which also plays music and has the optical HRM: I use neither of these features and tend to just use it as an everyday watch and a back-up to the Garmin. Neither weigh me though! 

That was a decent weekend's training, Dustin: an easy day is certainly called for. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Dustin: it was 5k (or miles as I'm stupid) at LT pace :) no way I could have done 5k pace :D It's one of the half marathon sessions in the P&L book to practice fast running in tired legs. I think it's a really good workout, albeit not an easy one.
    Very good training from you. Deffo time for a recovery day.

Alex: fingers crossed your doggy is ok. I have a Fenix and love it. Some of the features are great like all the smart watch and music stuff, some (like the VO2 max and race prediction) are very amusing as in wildly optimistic. But it's a useful piece of kit.

Hope it's warmed up for you, LMH. Still cold here but bright, sunny and no wind. Would love something longer but I'm going to be sensible after yesterday and just do a 5 mile recovery run and then get the bike out.

OH: shame about the poor turnout. We have that problem at parkrun. After a good inaugural with over 100 runners we're now stuck at around 40-50. Germans don't seem to like a social run at 9am on a Saturday :D

Hope you're on the mend, Ale.

What: recovery run and bike miles
    Why: sensible head
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    alehouse nice one on the nationals did 73 enjoy it?  my club did!
    well done els indeed!
    lmh enjoy the mlr/lsr, thats a pain re sleep. It was flipping cold this morning but look at it now
    alex well done on the weight, I am also down this week, 3lbs
    dustin enjoy the recovery

The pain in my face after my run in that cold this morning was tear jerking - going to ring the dentist hoping it is a tooth and not neuralgia :-(

what: 20 min recovery run
    why: long yesterday 
    last hard: that was - cold anyway
    last rest: 31/12/16

Had zero pain whilst running even in the cold but as soon as I stopped and then had to drive to work, I could have cried, in fact I think I did...
    Happy MOnday, and tonight I am going to see Steely Dan, pain killers needed...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Morning again!

Very wise today, Chick: that was a tough session yesterday.

Hope pain is soon sorted, Wabo. M73 said it was one of the best nationals...but not enough mud for him.

Back from our run: a 30 minute struggle for me and an easy jog for him! Beautiful out there but had to be well wrapped at 4 degrees.

Edit for weight: despite my best intentions am exactly what I was on January 2nd. Probably down to no longer runs for two weeks. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    DENTIST WEDS, IF i CAN BEAR IT THAT LONG...
  • Swim done. Probably 2nd dip and usual Monday night loop later.
    next hard: probably garage bill - oil warning screaming from van dashboard, p new oil pump required
    last rest Valentin's Day
    lyrics no
    and no frost or fog here overcast but clear still day.
  • Have you stopped dancing yet RFJ?  :D Great result, nicely paced too.  A speedy jnr you have with a sub 42 off of a sub 45 goal.  Nice pic.

Great progression run chicksta.  If you can do 5 miles @LT rather than 5k at the end of 15 then you must be in good shape.  Enjoy your Monday off.

Good long run wabo - hope the dentist can do something for you quickly to solve the teeth issues.  Well done on the weight loss.

Good refuelling post-XC Dustin and well done to you and your team.

Well done also to OH for the XC. Ouch to the van troubles. 

Enjoy the Garmin shopping Alex.  I have a TomTom which does the job ok. Hope the dog gets on at the vet ok.  

Hope the chest improves a bit quicker soon Ale. 

Hope you had a good run LMH.

Have a good start to the week everyone.

What: haven't checked the plan yet (on other laptop) but it won't be very long or very strenuous
    Why: P&L
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: cycling up anything bigger or longer than a mole hill..

Lyrics: no
  • (((wabo))) painkillers until Wednesday! I'm glad that mine is not that bad, just annoying. I asked my dentist to pull the tooth but he refused. He said he can't take a perfectly healthy tooth out and said mine was definitely neuralgia from grinding. Are you grinding your teeth too and do you wea a protector? That might help. I've not worn mine for a while... Great weight loss :+1:

Hazel: I guess finding a flat cycling route can be a bit of a challenge in your part of the world.

OH: ouch. For some reason garage bills are always at least a grand :o

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta, I don't know if I grind my teeth, I wake with my jaw clenched sometimes so I would not be surprised.  I think neuralgia as its top and lower jaw - in fact whole side of face.  It settles then as soon as I eat, it is flaring again, pain :(
  • Could it be TMJ then Wabo? Hope it settles quickly whatever it is. Well done on the weight loss - 3lb in a week is some going!

It was two layers and gloves cold when I set off for my run and shorts and t-shirt weather by the time I finished. Unfortunately I am stuck at work in a windowless room currently so just hoping that it's still nice when I get home to take Grace out.

Glad you're on the mend Alehouse, hope it isn't too long until you're 100%.

Hope the bill isn't as bad as you're anticipating OH.

Hazel - for some bizarre reason (not that I'm complaining!) I managed another long run at a faster pace than yesterday best of all was that I enjoyed yesterday's and today's run rather than them feeling like a slog which has been the case for quite a few of late. The joys of marathon training.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Cheers Hazel, Jnr has always been speedy, and would be much better if he trained... :-)

Well done OH and Els

Legs ok today, an easy 4m done and dusted

Corporate induction and training for the next two days.... :-)

Checked in for our trip to Cyprus next month.... (limassol 10k on the cards).....

I lost 1 LB last week... now I need to repeat that at least 13 times.... :-)

Take care all
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    New oil pressure switch fitted - ok so far - fingers crossed
    Double swim and 5k loop D&D