Saturday 9th March 2019 - When you look, what do you see?

Morning.

Lyrics - When you look, what do you see?

Cold, wet and windy today - and tomorrow - with hail and sleet forecast. Not nice. 

Anyone racing this weekend?

What:              short and easy/gym
Why:               fifty days to go/haven't been yet this week
Last hard:       enjoying running in the bad weather
Last rest:        27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: shopping trip to look at kitchen things
    Why: kitchen renovation approaching faster than I'd like!
    Last hard: I do run walk these days :)
    Lyrics: nope

Happy parkrunday

Hope you don't get too cold today LMH.  Don't think the sleet is coming this far south (I hope).

Swimming through a wreck sounds scary OH!

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "White Rabbit", Jefferson Airplane (and yes, that was my costume of choice for World Book Day): 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWxMj6IQbJc

What: short easy run plus fitness suite

Why: still not right chest wise

Hope Chick is ok post dental work.

Weather looks as if it is going to be pretty foul today. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Blowing a hoolie and pissing it down
    ... parkrun time!
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics no

We only swim round, not through, the wreck, emzap (too many shards of jagged rusty metal for bare skin!). Not a day for sea swimming today.

Had correct imagery for yesterday's lyrics 😉
  • Well it was very windy, wet and cold as predicted (29:05 #10)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sorry for not posting yesterday but I was a bit miserable/woozy/queasy. I rarely ever take pills and past week's accumulated dose of painkillers plus anaesthetics didn't go down particularly well. Nuff said.

Ale: sorry to hear you're still unwell. That's been going on for quite some time now.

Gym is probably the best place to be in this weather, LMH. I find it very hard to be motivated at the mo.

It's your foot improving, em?

I felt ok enough to be timekeeper at today's parkrun and despite a severe weather warning for strong winds our course record was smashed by a parkrun tourist from London (17:35). A couple of new volunteers plus a good bunch of runners made for a crowded cafe and some good banter afterwards.

What: parkrun volunteer
    Why: loving it
    Last hard: yesterday's dental work / staying upright at the funnel today (our finish sign almost ended up in the water as a gust tore it loose)
    Last rest: probably today unless I find some mojo to brave wind and rain (unlikely)
    Lyrics: I feel I should know them...

• Glad you're feeling better chicksta.

Not feeling any better Alehouse?

You're accumulating parkruns well OH.

This morning's run was neither particularly enjoyable nor confidence inspiring but I did manage to avoid the heavier showers and finish the week having run a mile more than last week so that will have to do.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sounds like everything went to plan, dentist-wise, Chick! Probably feel rather bruised for a while if my own experiences are anything to go by. 

Well done on pinning a parkrun barcode on, OH!

LMH: whilst peak flow has improved significantly I feel rubbish. Too much catarrh which is probably too much information!

Had call from my mate with the tickets for the Man City/Watford game. Upgraded to hospitality. No idea how! Hope it turns out to be what he has been promised! Just hope I don't get soaked in the process.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Weather here is just grey and cold no rain or winds.

What : 4 miles
    Why : Because I could
    Last hard: Sleeping/virus
    Lyrics: Nope
    Weight loss: 1lb

Chest and peakflow still poor and the tiredness but one day at a time:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good news, poppy.

Hopefully you're on the mend too, ale. Peak flow going up is a good sign.

More miles banked, LMH. Excellent.

I found a gap in the clouds just long enough to squeeze 6 miles in. I felt pretty shit all afternoon and just knew a run would make me feel better. I promised myself to walk if I felt too weak but in the end didn't need to. Just as a turned into our driveway the heavens opened again.
  • Nice rain dodging chicksta.

Well done on the weight loss Poppy.

Have you tried an old fashioned steam inhalation Alehouse? Hope you've enjoyed the hospitality at the football.
  • Must be difficult with the egg allergy Gobi. 

Did someone mention cake yesterday? Nice piece of carrot cake waiting here - not my own baking though.

Emzap kitchen renovation sounds stressful.

Scottish weather OH?  wWell done on the pr in those conditions.

Good to see you survived yesterday Chicksta. Good timing to get back before the rain.

Maybe an idea with the inhalation Ale.  Any sort of mint or camomile flavouring is popular in our household.  Hope you enjoyed the footie.

Well done on the weightloss LP and getting the 4 miles done.

What: progressive HM in 1:42 in the rain but wind was ok
    Why: P&L plan
    Last hard: that was, tired but not knackered at the end so guess I got it right
    Last rest: 2/3
    Lyrics: no but interesting. I saw a couple accompanied by 4 black sheep out on a walk along the river.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all.

struggling with sleeping at present... not fun...

very windy at parkrun, so happy with 22:43 as was hard work, plus some miles....

Then watched a good fight at the foot ball with WWFC and SUFC (both benchs and all 22 players.... and a few sendings off.... (in other footy news FFC are down....)

Mid to long run planned tomorrow.

Take care