Sunday, 10 March 2019 - Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum?

Morning all :)

Lyrics today: Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum?

Wow, Hazel what a brilliant run 💪

Wind seems to have eased a bit but it's still pretty miserable running weather...

Let's see what this creaky bod is up to.

Have a great day, all.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Running Away by The Specials.

Well I wasn't expecting to get up to snow this morning...............heard some heavy rain go through in the small hours but now it's snowing and settling on the grass and the forecast is for rain and snow all morning with the wind gusting up to 40mph again. I'm not sure the planned LSR is going to happen, tomorrow morning is forecast as bad so not sure where I'm going to make up the miles.

Nice run yesterday Hazel and cake you haven't had to bake yourself is the best:-)

Hope you've had a good run chicksta.

Benjy has been MIA for a while now - check in if you're reading eh?

Same goes for SC.

What:          I'd like a LSR but I'm not sure that's going to happen
    Why:           see above
    Last hard:   moving forward into the wind yesterday
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

That sounds like a tough session hazel! Well done.
    Chick how are you getting this morning?
    Ale ditto.

What: drive down to dad's
    Why: office tomorrow and don't want to drive in Monday rush hour.
    Last hard: shopping!

Hope you manage to get out lmh. Snow is not nice!

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Nice training run Hazel!

No snow here, just very wet. Had thought of going to watch the Trafford 10k as usual but have decided that would not be a good idea as still not feeling great. Had better steam more!

Hope weather is ok for Wabo's 20.

What: short run plus long fitness suite

Why: Sunday routine

"The Tunnel Club" hospitality at Man City was Premier League...and so it should be at £600 a ticket! Glad mine were free, courtesy of Watford FC. Heated seats and sitting immediately behind the Watford substitutes. Top class food and unlimited champagne. Suspect that will be a one-off experience!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nasty running / driving conditions today for most by the sounds of it.  Take care everyone.

Heated seats must have been nice Ale.

What: rest day today, short walk later to get some fresh air
    Why: mini streak of 7 days completed yesterday
    Last rest: today
    Last hard: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice mini streak, Hazel

Hope you got your miles in, LMH. Snow forecast for us tomorrow :(

Heated seats sound ace, Ale.

Are you feeling better, em?

Managed 14 miles but it was hard. Breathing was good but legs were just weak. I blame the dentist's drug cocktail ;)

• Is it just me that thinks that the unlimited free champagne is the best perk then?

No improvement at all Alehouse?

That's good going in the circumstances chicksta.

Hope you have a safe drive emzap.

Enjoy the walk Hazel.

It was a bit rough out this morning, the heavy snow had gone through but it was cold, mostly wet and increasingly windy. I stuck it out for twenty miles though I'm not sure that was really the best thing to do. Hope Wabo had better weather and a more enjoyable run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

Well toughed out today LMH! I vote for champagne also. Mind you I also had a rather nice bottle of Rioja with my meal. I guess there's a slight improvement health wise: peak flow much better but as soon as I run I start coughing.

Decent 14 Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Character building run, LMH. All miles in the bank are good.

I don't like champagne but I'm always cold so heated seats get my vote.... Does that make me a freak? Probably :D
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I dont drink Alcohol :¬0

But 17th overall and 1st in Age Group , all in all a good race but not perfect. I am however content with my performance at this point.

What: Duathlon AM 45 min bike PM d&d
    Why: It's duathlon season
    Last hard: Today
    Last rest: 31st OCtober
    Lyrics: No

People had snow today, this really surprised me.  It is wet and windy round here and really hoping not to see any snow
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice racing Gobi

Ale nice experience

Nice long run Chick

7.5m for me, so slight issues towards the end.... so still not 100%, but on the right track - 2 weeks till Limassol 10k and some warm weather.... so windy out today

Take care
  • I'm glad you're pleased with your race Gobi. We had some very heavy snow this morning but as it was immediately after and before some very heavy rain it didn't settle for long.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a nice Rioja either Alehouse. Good to hear that your peak flow is improving, moving in the right direction.

Heated seats would be a close second for me chicksta.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice, Gobi!

Was also wondering how OL is doing, as well as Benjy and SC.