Recent foot pain

Hi, hope you can help. I was training for the torbay half marathon, when a few weeks ago I developed foot pain.
I had run 6 miles in one day  and 5 the next. I had foot pain for half the day then it went.
 I didn't run for the next week, and went out on a 5 mile run. By mile 3 I had foot pain again and it took a week to heal and go completely. I went and bought some running trainers and had my running analysed in the hope that that would help. I went back to running 3 weeks ago. Started off at a mile, repeated it a few days after. No pain. And have been running twice a week adding half a mile every other run. So my next 2 runs will be 2.5 miles. 

What would you suggest be the best way to increase my runs to avoid re-injuring it? 
Thanks

Comments

• GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Hi williams - what part of the foot is the pain in and and what is the pain like? It could well be that the problem was your runners and having bought a new pair this is now resolved.

In terms of increasing your runs when is your half marathon? Are you following a training plan? 
  • Hi, it was outer edge of right foot. Mild ache. Gone now after rest and new trainers. 
    Half marathon is in June. Not following a plan, just going out twice a week around work, and upping the distance and changing route to add in some hills. 
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Well glad the pains gone, sounds as if the new runners are doing the trick.

It might be an idea to consider upping your training for the half in June. You've still probably got time to get in a 12 week training plan and probably the minimum you should be looking at doing is 3 runs a week, with one of those a long slow run. For my first half I figured a couple of times a week and just increasing the time from the previous week would be enough. I got round, very slowly, and then found it difficult to walk for a week  :s
  • you can use running shoes

Wearing running shoes explicitly intended for the game can help forestall many foot torment issues. Running shoes have additional cushioning to pad the effect of continued beating, and are developed to offer help and soundness for the curve of the foot. Exercise shoes made for different exercises, for example, high impact exercise, tennis, or b-ball, might not have these highlights.
    podiatrist in Perth