Wednesday 17th April 2019 - Judging by the look on the organ-grinder

Morning.

Lyrics - Judging by the look on the organ-grinder

Back still bad OH? Hope the journey home isn't too bad.

We are forecast a nice day though not quite warm enough for me to want to be out running in a vest I think I should be able to work on the comedy capri tan line that seems to have developed.

What:           short and easy or MLR
Why:            tired but stressed so will see what feels right once I'm out
Last hard:    sleeping/resolving FiL's funding
Last rest:     27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - The Show Must Go On by Queen.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a run of some description...hopefully throw in a few quicker sections

Why: semi-retirement? Off to first cricket home game of the season...hope the forecast is not as badly wrong as yesterday! Bright and sunny at present.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Legs surprisingly OK both yesterday and today. Coached the marathon group yesterday (3x1 mile) so jogged round and paced the last mile at ~ 8 m/m which was about the limit of what I could muster. 
    Don - hope the club return was not too brutal, do take it easy to start though
    Ale - enjoy the cricket
    LmH - the kids all do spray tans these days, judging by my orange bathroom....

What - easy lunchtime, coaching village group tonight
    Why - recovery / routine
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday

Sneaked in a day off tomorrow, so a 5 day break beckons. Can't wait. Plus it's forecast to be 20+ this weekend!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walk this evening
    Why: it's what I do. Woken up with a headache so taking it easy this morning
    Last hard: learning I can't run as much as I'd like
    Lyrics: yes like this one

Looking forwards to this promised warm weather. Washing already in the machine!

Have a lovely day all
  • I'm rubbish with make up Dustin - never learnt to use it - so a spray or any other artificial tan is beyond my ability. I'm not good at being a girlie. Our local 10k which I like to support is on the 12th May so just too close to London this year for me - like you my legs will recover enough to do the miles but not the pace in that time.

I hope you have our weather Alehouse, it's lovely here - though not warm enough for me to run in my charity vest still.

Hope your headache eases emzap.

At last some good news - FiL's funding approved. Unfortunately the manager of the care home is now off sick so I'm not sure when we'll be able to arrange his move but I hope to hear later. Can't tell you what a relief it was to get the news.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Great news, LMH! A relief! Knowing care homes they will want him in asap: they always need the cash so every day with an empty bed is a day's income lost. And well done for sorting it.

What: just under 7k including 2 X 3 mins hard on undulating cinder paths.

Why: need to start quicker stuff somewhere.

Blood test then cricket!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

I had forgotten the Man Utd game was on the telly last night so trained earlier and didn’t go to the club.  After watching the first half, switched it off and wished I had gone along.

Instead, I did 5 miles including 10 x 1 minute strides, felt quite good.

This morning, ran 8 miles and again felt pretty good.  After a slow first 4 miles, I came back in less than half an hour, which was pleasing.  I know I have to be careful though as the addition of pace is hurting my knee more.  111 miles so far this month though and it’s not bad so I am grateful for the time and the ability to keep running just now.  

Lyrics, I thought it was one particular song with organ grinder in it but it’s not the same lyric so....No! 
  • I can't tell you how relieved I felt when I took the call Alehouse - and the care home have just confirmed that they will move him tomorrow. Your achilles ok with the faster stuff?

Keep being sensible Donaldo and hopefully you'll be able to keep running.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Donaldo said:

I had forgotten the Man Utd game was on the telly last night so trained earlier and didn’t go to the club.  After watching the first half, switched it off and wished I had gone along.

:D

Brilliant news, LMH :+1:  What a relief.

Enjoy your long weekend, Dustin. Weather forecast is promising. We just need to lose that pesky Easterly wind.

What: 9 miles of fun in the park with hill sprints, strides on the 100m track and stair sprints. Tough but fun and a nice bit of Change
    Why: not following any schedule at the mo so making things up as I go along
    Last hard: sleeping always is
    Last rest: 8/4

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Great news LmH

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great news lmh. I really hope that it helps relieve some of the stress you've been under.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Quiet today!

Still glad you didn't go to the club, Don! More likely to be in control on your own! 

Where's Wabo? Wanted to say c'mon Spurs! 

Sounds like a fun session, Chick!

Cricket was not good from my teams point of view! Bright and sunny and sat in the shade at times! Long may that continue!

LMH: re Achilles, yes, there was a bit of reaction...but I am happy with that and can manage it. What I won't be happy with is if any quicker running affects the calf: muscle damage harder to deal with.

Did I say, c'mon Spurs?
  • Late check-in..

Thank goodness the funding has been approved LMH.  Hope you can get some better sleep or at the latest once FIL has moved and started to settle in.  I am already starting to develop a shorts line - but mid-thigh from the longer lycra variety, looks great with the short race shorts.

Ale summer can't be far away if cricket is starting.  

Have a lovely long weekend away Dustin - even more so if it is good weather!

Hope the headache is better this evening emzap.

Nice running Donaldo.

The combo of hill sprints and stair sprints sounds like hard work chicksta.

What: around 14 GA km with long strides (150m ish)
    Why: bit of speedwork
    Last hard: stopping the interesting chat I was having with a couple of cyclists looking for frogs following a few warm up km and before starting the strides.
    Last rest: 13.04.