Thursday 18th April 2019 - This is a song for anyone

Morning.

Lyrics - This is a song for anyone

With a broken heart

At least the weather was good Alehouse!

Always nice to have some impromptu company Hazel.

We are forecast a few nice days but still not quite vest weather - maybe Saturday as I'm usually out running later then. In other news FiL is due to move this morning so I will be taking MiL to visit him in his new home this afternoon. It's not the end of the stress I'm sure (especially as MiL has said that she'd like me to take her on holiday once he's settled!) but hopefully it will gradually reduce.

What:           short and easy
Why:            taper
Last hard:    this year has been hard
Last rest:     27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Out Of My Mind by James Blunt.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

What: hopefully a short run walk
    Why: balance
    Last hard: I only do easy!
    Lyrics: nope

Walked 7km last night. Must still help my fitness...

Lmh that's good news (though perhaps less about the holiday!)

Have a lovely day all

• I'm a believer in the power of walking emzap - if I can't run I walk if I can. Good for you physically and mentally especially when the weather is good.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Walking definitely good, Emz!

Unbelievable, Wabo! I watched the second half in the alehouse with about a hundred City fans who went wild when the last "goal" was scored, only for there to be silence when it was ruled offside. 

Lyrics: set far too early and it is still too early to think...so that's a no.

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: ran hard yesterday/need to work the Achilles etc. Work first.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Quick hello from the in-laws.

Great news LMH!

Empaz....walking is good, just takes a bit longer. Will be off for one later. Blisters are much better but decided to leave the running gear in England. Will get back into it after Easter. 

Sorry not a clue about the football....

Lyrics...nope.

Right off to get croissants and bread for breakfast. Have a great day all. 
  • Where are you Daisy? Hope you enjoy your break.

Early Alehouse?
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    We're in France, near Chartres ☺ 
  • LMH: with all you have done for them I think you have a right to some purely you time as well.  Hope the move goes well today.

Hope you can get out for your run-walk emzap.  Another walking fan here.

When does thinking time begin Ale?  I need a mug of tea and two coffees for that.  Must have been a good atmosphere in the alehouse.

Enjoy your break Daisy - are you in France (croissants...)?  No rush to get back into running post mara.

What: more GA miles
    Why: 10 mile race on Saturday so nothing faster before that.
    Last hard: thinking before coffee this morning!
    Last rest: 13.04.

Lyrics: no - thought yes but was completely wrong on checking..  
  • Hope you're having good weather as well as enjoying refuelling on the pastries Daisy.

Hazel - I'm not sure even coffee improves my thinking especially when I'm only a week away from my jab. Lyrics do require a bit of effort sometimes and now and again I just can't come up with anything I feel is appropriate. I came very close to asking MiL if she would like to come on holiday with us at the beginning of June but thought about it and decided that I needed a break (feels a bit selfish saying that) but I will go with her for a girlie break or she can come with us in July when we are planning a week somewhere as yet undecided. Keep it short and easy before Saturday.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.  Just a hint that the weather is warming up for the weekend.

However, still pretty cold and murky when I set off this morning.  Wife dropped me at her work and I ran home via Stirling Uni campus, which is absolutely stunning.  14.5 miles covered, just over 2 hours.  Good to get a long time on my feet.

As I can clearly plod out distance but struggle with speed, now thinking of an October event to build up to, something like the Palma marathon.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • I can only ever plod out distances Donaldo but as I just love to run it's not too much of an issue. I managed to wait long enough for it to warm up here - took my charity vest out for its maiden voyage.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Enjoyed a lie in this morning (well 7:45), but compared to 5am, that's luxury!
    Spent 2-3 hours clearing out the club's store room with a few of the team. Lots of old kit and equipment in there and some hurdles that must date from the 1970s!
    Dropped car back at the wife's work and ran home from there (7 miles over trails)
    Lovely clear day and mild too. Garden beckons now.

What - as above, 7m trail d&d, coaching U11s tonight
    Why - time to do it
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - still Sunday's mara

Legs still a bit jaded, today again was no quicker than 9 m/m but it's all active recovery.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

LMH: Great news that the move can take place so soon. But your MiL sounds like one hard task master … You are definitely due a break from family commitments. I'd echo what Hazel said. You've done more than your fair share and need to look after yourself for once.

Definitely vest weather here B) - bright sunshine and about 20 degrees.

Hazel: Good luck for your 10 mile race

Daisy: Bonnes vacances :)

Dustin: Need to tackle the garden too. Our patio needs to be freed of winter moss and algae before we can think of putting the garden furniture out.

I had lyrics for this morning but overslept… D'oh. I've had so many rubbish nights lately, my body simply decided to catch up. Also meant I missed my early morning running slot but I did nip out at lunchtime.

What: intervals (2x1200, 3x800)
    Why: not much time so running faster helps to cover the distance
    Last hard: those were - I am a plodder at heart
    Last rest: 8/4
    Lyrics: I also thought I knew them but Google revealed I have no clue :)

Enjoy your long weekend, all.

• I wish I could sleep in but it just doesn't happen, can't remember the last time I was asleep after 0530hrs.

FiL is moved and seems settled - in fact I'm not sure he even knows he's moved. MiL seems happier. BiL and MiL coming here for lunch on Easter Sunday..........
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the move went smoothly.

Sleeping in was relative ;) I saw every hour on the clock until 4am 🙄. And woke up shattered at 6:45h. That was my lie in ...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad the move seems to have gone smoothly lmh. Fingers crossed things calm down a bit now

Managed 5km run walk but it was really hard work and hr was elevated throughout. Think I need to stick to walking unfortunately, unless I get a renewed bout of energy soon.

Have a lovely time in France daisy

Dustin sounds like a nice run

Have a lovely evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

steady evening run, as racing Westonbirt Easter 10k tomorrow, haven't decided how I am going to race yet as a bit tired.... will see in the morning and as I start...then on to Devon to see the MIL who is not in a good way (broken hip and shoulder following a collapse a few weeks back..

Take care
  • First run (plod) for a week (4.75 miles) followed by double dip
    Nice day back home
    last hard cutting my hand with knife needing 3 stitches (so no swimming for a few days)
    last rest: technically yesterday but 6h driving
    lyrics: no

hopefully will be able to build up distance before Cape Wrath week