Tuesday 23rd April 2019 - Every little thing that you say or do

Morning.

Lyrics - Every little thing that you say or do

We're a diverse bunch so I decided not to go with Puff The Magic Dragon:-)

Nice to exceed expectations RFJ.

Last day of the nicer the weather today which of course I can't make the most of it. Did I ever mention that I don't like tapering? LOL. At least if the weather does turn bad I should find it easier not to run as much. Favourite distraction activity is baking - rhubarb and ginger cake today - good job it's nearly carb loading time:-) Mind you sleep is still not good and my throat is very sore but the latter is my jab being due I think. Roll on Thursday when my legs will also get a good going over by the sports massage terrorist - they really don't seem to react well to reduced mileage.

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
Last hard:      tapering in the lovely weather
Last rest:       27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was going to post about 6:10 but had to re-write my message. Still too early LMH!
    Are you going to post a link to your fund-raising page?

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long Pilates

Why: Tuesday routine/ran long yesterday/back to work etc

Have woken up to bright blue skies for a few days but today it is grey here at present, although sunshine is promised. And rain promised for tomorrow pm. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Kind of you to ask Alehouse - I don't like to bother people but if anyone would like to contribute it's: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/julies-london-marathon-1
  • Baking seems to be a good distraction LMH.  I would prefer carbo-loading via cake to carbo-loading via pasta. Hope the sore throat is nothing more sinister.

Nicer weather seems to be finished here Ale - won't be wet until Thursday/Friday though. 

What: group outing later
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: working out what day it is today - pretty much out of sync. 
    Last rest: Good Friday.

Lyrics. no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    A bit cooler here but still set to be another beauty. Shame I'm indoors for most of it...
    What - club session (coaching) - final week of the marathon group so 2 mile easy, 2 mile at MP, 2 mile easy
    Why - routine
    Last rest - 10 days
    last hard - Sunday
    Lovely 10k through the fields/woods yesterday, bluebells almost in full flourish
  • I do tend to carb load more with cake Hazel:-) Sore throat is pretty normal for me and gets worse as my B12 jab is due. RHR is ok which is good. Rain forecast from tomorrow here.

Cooler and grey here Dustin - could you please try to hold on to some of that good stuff for Sunday?
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning....overcast but warm here! Put leggings on to run and that was a mistake! I am roast beetroot in appearance.

Was "fun" getting the kids back to school. Many tired faces on the playground, including the Deputy Head. 

I seem to have signed up for the Brighton half marathon next year in a post Easter haze 😂 

LMH....yum to cake and poop to B12. My sister and mum suffer with that and it's not fun in the run up to the jab. My mum really suffers.

What....4 miles with a few "hills"
    Why.. .first run back after marathon and many croissants and chocolate eggs
    Last hard and rest....see above

Have a fab day all....washing and food shopping now! 

• Similar here daisy. I feel the cold but it was definitely shorts and t-shirt weather. I bet it felt good to be back out running. I'm fortunate in that I have my jabs every six weeks now Daisy which means less time feeling pants. 
  • No comments about slain dragons ...

Easy breezy 6 in the sun.
    Picking up miles
    Last hard: picking up speed
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lazy day yesterday obviously led to me being even too lazy to post. Ouch. Completely forgot. It's been a year now that hubby keeled over so I had a few morose days. Quite surprised how badly it affected me - after all things are fine again and the cardiologist is very happy with his recovery. Obviously takes more than a year to get over a trauma like that.

Good racing again, RFJ. You must be pleased.

OH: not much speed here either ;)

LMH: I avoid the gym in the week leading up to a race too. So easy to tear or overstretch something and one missed session won't make any difference to your strength.  And isn't it always the same with the weather? When you're in peak training it's shite. As soon as you don't have to run as much it's perfect. Sod's law I reckon.

Daisy: Hope the kids settled in OK after the break.

Hazel: Do you have another race lined up? I still have some unfinished business with Vienna and the relay faff which cost me my sub 1:40 ;)

Dustin: I forgot but are you running London too or just coaching VLM participants?

Donaldo: wot LMH said. Be careful with streaks, especially as you're still not over your injury … big picture and all that.

What: 9 miles with a few strides
    Why: legs decided
    Last hard: legging it to parkrun
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Yes was good to get back out running 🏃 ☺ 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Back at work today after 3 weeks off.

It was chaos. 

So good to get out tonight for a 6 mile escape.

Lyrics, yes!