Beep Test training in limited time

I have a beep test coming up in the start of June as a part of the fitness test to get into the Fire Service.. it’s 20 metres and I have to reach level 8.8.. I am currently reaching level 7 (first time I done it I got to level 6, but I can’t seem to get past 7) but have only done it 5 times in the last 3 weeks.. What would I have to do in order to achieve 8.8 within one month and does it sound possible to do? 

suggestions and tips to help would be greatly appreciated also. 

Comments

• GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Hi and welcome Gary. What's level 8.8 mean? I'm assuming you have to run 20m within the bleeps, but I'm not sure how long you'd have to do that for. Given a time frame or distance to cover in that time would be handy to figure out what may be best.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Guarddog said:
    What's level 8.8 mean? 
    It equates approximately to 9:30 min mile pace for 1600m. Obviously it's not a consistent pace during the test but it's a good reference for sessions to work from.

There's some good tips in this thread:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-train-for-a-beep-test-in-3-weeks-I-can-only-run-2km-in-20min-now
  • What training are you doing now ?  Doing too many tests will be counter productive.  I'd get some steady runs in to build up your stamina - or have you already done that ? 
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    If that's the case then I'd go with Rick's suggestion of building up stamina as something to concentrate on.