Options

Sunday 19th May 2019 - Well you're a real tough cookie with a long history

Morning.

Lyrics - Well you're a real tough cookie with a long history

May have used these lyrics recently, apologies if so but if someone else started the thread more often i wouldn't have to come up with so many!

Go well Hazel - looking forward to reading all about it. You've made me want to bake, maybe tomorrow as I don't think I'll have time today.

Was that Snap I spied on the start line RFJ?

Nice shopping chicksta.

That's a long day on your feet Alehouse - look after yourself.

I had a real PITA last night and my knee and hip are a bit niggly this morning - but the calf feels fine - no idea what's going on. We are forecast a lovely morning for a run so I will hope that walking Grace eases everything as I'm hoping for another big week before tapering for two, though I'm not sure if cutting back a bit this week would be a better idea - it's so hard to know what's right and there are as many winning ways as runners I suspect. Difficult to believe that it's only three weeks since London.

What:            hopefully a LSR
Why:             Yeovil
Last hard:      my spiky ball
Last rest:       4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - For Myself - The Saturdays.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Too early again, LMH! And although I suspect you have indeed used these lyrics before I still don't know them! Or I am still asleep.

What: whatever I can manage whilst donning a yellow bib

Why: am a marshal for the day

Hoping that if it rains for the races it is not until near the end.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    You'll have to wait a bit lmh :) then there are more people awake to post the lyrics.

What: baby and kitchen shopping
    Why: I'm asking myself the same thing. Though I didn't last the whole of Eurovision, I stayed up late for me and am up normal time (was hungry!). Oh was still up at 2 (I found him downstairs after getting worried where he was!) And I think may be feeling some bad effects this morning!
    Last hard: I think today may be...
    Lyrics: nope

Ale, think the summer weather won't be back for a while as world cup starts 31st may and intense periods of cricket like that are bound to lead to rain.
    Lmh remind me when the next marathon is? I really hope things calm down a bit by then. Bear had some gluten free cakes (no nut free left) and I'm sure a lot of the options could be adapted as they were really good at knowing what allens were in food, had a proper list (as they should, but not all places are good for it). Had a lovely hummus, falafel and halloumi flatbread, so definitely veggie options too.  Nice atmosphere and apparently good coffee (according to my friends, I still can't stomach it)
    Have a lovely day all.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Go well Hazel and any other racers?

Ale: Enjoy marshaling duties hope it is a nice day for it.

Em:  Enjoy shopping!!

LMH: Hope everything behaves for  run.

What: 6.53
    Why: Because I could
    Last Hard: Headache/tiredness
    Lyrics: Not sure

Run was fine a little slow in places but overall good.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH yes it was Snaps, we were staying with him, and he set all the first Danish parkruns up 10 years ago. he was so good with Jnr and made it very special for both of us.

7.5m this morning partly with Mrs RFJ and part on my own.

Take care
  • Options
    This was me waiting emzap  :) Three weeks until Yeovil, I must be mad. Hope you find what you want. Thanks for the gf info. I shall have to check it out when I'm next in town.

Snaps is a lovely person RFJ.

Legs seem to be ok when I run Poppy. I can feel various bits but nothing that's affecting my gait fortunately.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Afternoon! Or is it now evening? 

What/why: short run to and from my first marshal point (had to park outside the road closures) and to check on the turn round point on the half marathon (I reported that I felt it was unsafe with a 360 degree turn on a damp surface. Nothing done about it and apparently at least 4 people fell.)

Finished helping at the half and then drove home to leave the car to take the tram to my 10k point. Not really needed so was home by 2:30: 4 marshals and 2 police on crowd control at my point so the others were happy for me to leave.

Hope Hazel has had fun! Hope you didn't have to pin a number on, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Three weeks emzap! Hope you find what you want. Thanks for the gf info. I shall have to check it out when I'm next in town.

Naughty of them to ignore you Alehouse, if it became public knowledge that you'd flagged it as unsafe and one of the fallen runners had hurt themselves they could be liable.

Looking forward to hearing how Hazel did.
  • Options
    Slow but enjoyable CW marathon yesterday.
    Walk on beach with friend and dogs today. Now on ferry home. End of a great week.
    Last hard: yesterday.
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I was probably up before you LMH but was too nervous to think of lyrics.  Heard a good song on the radio the other day but it had already been used on checking as I was expecting (I ran / Flock of seagulls).  That seems good news with the calf?

Hope you had a succesful shopping trip emzap.

Hope the headache is better this evening WP.

Nice family running RFJ.

Hope no-one was hurt falling Ale.

Well done for a great week OH, hope the weather was kind again yesterday and travel went well today.

1:36:55 for me today so a 2 min 2 second PB.  18th lady of 362 and 5th in my age cat.  Pleased with that as I should be as that PB was 4 years old.  Tougher than expected course, twists and turns and lots of pavements due to roads not being closed.  Curbs get quite annoying after a while and dodging lampposts and flower planters as well as other runners takes concentration.  Didn't either like the flight of steps / nor a steep bank onto bridges over the Rhine.  I did set of a bit fast though not stupidly so and felt fine until the half way mark after which I had to start working pretty hard.  The last 3 miles were a struggle.  Conditions were ok, not too warm, sunny and windy but pretty humid, the sponges at a couple of the water stations were very welcome. 

Spent the afternoon at the inlaws (they seemed to enjoy the cake) and legs and the rest pretty tired this evening.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel on what doesn't sound like the quickest of courses!