Monday 20th May 2019 - I don't want to let another minute get by

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't want to let another minute get by

Excellent PB Hazel. I agree with Alehouse, doesn't sound like the fastest of courses so there could be more to come! Lyrics are for you 
:) older and faster is the way to go. Hope everything feels ok this morning. Don't worry if lyrics have been used int he past, there can't be many mainstream ones that haven't, we just try not to repeat them too soon but my memory often fails me.

Safe journey OH.

Another nice morning here, I slept through the night (very unusual this year), my legs feel the best they have on getting up since London and no work today (this is good and bad). Apart from collecting MiL from the train station at lunchtime the day is mine - so what to do with it................

What:            easy miles, possibly enough to count as a MLR
Why:             see above
Last hard:     knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:      4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done hazel, sounds like a great day.
    Oh glad you had a fun week

What: club tonight ie a slow run/walk, maybe just a walk
    Why: it's what I do
    Last hard: yesterday! The baby shipping was very successful but kitchen less do.  Did go for 4km walk in the afternoon though
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel - awesome time , well done!
    OH - that course looks stunning. We did talk about the Cape Wrath marathon earlier this year as a trip for my club.
    RFJ - Lovely throwback photo!

What - Vets league tonight, options are 800, 3k and triple although I note we are a missing a pole vaulter (shuffles feet, doesn't make eye contact). Legs feel hammered still though so I don't expect to be breaking any records.
    Why - fixture list
    last rest - 2 weeks?
    last hard - Saturday I guess. 12.5 miles on trail, super muggy but light drizzle. Yesterday was Southern Athletics League, managed to sneak the win away at Hemel Hempstead. I was on timekeeping duties so managed to dodge both the flat 3k and the 3k 'chase. The former won in a new track record (Apparently) of 8:17ish. 3 miles easy when I got home.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hide, Dustin! And go well in the events that you want to do!

What: catch a bus

Why: so I can run back. Around an hour. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Blimey - can you pole vault Dustin? It's something I'd love to have a go at but don't suppose I ever will now due to my dodgy shoulder. Sounds as though you have enough to do anyway!

Enjoy your run Alehouse, hope your weather is as good as ours.
  • Back home now.
    Definitely older and slower for me!
    (but full challenge completed)

Recovery 5k planned this evening.
    More mundane matters first.

Lyrics no.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done Hazel!

OH Glad you are back safe and sound  and well done on all the challenges.

Dustin: Blimey I agree I would hide tonight if you can :)

Alehouse: Enjoy the bus journey;-)

LMH: Enjoy your legs and weather today bet it is a long one;-)

What: 7.15 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope

A good run this morning:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I volunteered at Hackney Half yesterday, was offered a place the day before and think I would have been  less tired if I ran it!! Shattered I was, long day on your feet handing out sweets, shouting looking to the right!

WP nice miles!
    OH that is amazing to do that whole challenge, well done you!
    dustin enjoy the vets league and keep looking at your feet.....
    emzap enjoy t he club night
    lmh, enjoy the easy miles

what: 1 mile so far, see what happens later
    why: eye thing being done this afternoon
    last hard: this  morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope the eye thing goes well, Wabo! I know how you feel after your volunteering stint! Officially I was supposed to be on the entrance to the Etihad grounds with a megaphone in one hand and pointing to the left with the other repeatedly saying "Welcome to the Etihad! Mind the speed bumps": I couldn't bring myself to say the first bit! Surprised I wasn't saying, "MInd the speed bumps," in my sleep.

And yes, well done on completing the full challenge, OH!

What: 70 minutes, mainly off road

Why: long run. Ran 1.9k down the bus route before getting on (didn't want to be a twirly) then ran back by a slightly different route to last time. (A "twirly" is someone who is too early to use their bus pass. Has to be after 9.30.)
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done OH. I hope you had a lovely time.

Hope it goes well this afternoon Wabo.

It was never going to be another long run today Poppy but I did do a MLR.

I knew what a twirly was Alehouse  :) Did you enjoy your run?

Sorry to hear the kitchen shopping didn't go so well emzap. Enjoy club night.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Only an MLR, LMH: you are still clocking up the miles though. Big week this week then cut back? And yes, enjoyed the run. Still in tracksters and a jacket and that was about right this morning with the breeze largely against. 

Hope you are taking it easy, Emz

Off to watch some cricket. Will take gloves and a hat!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the cricket ale. Surprised you need gloves and her, it's warm here. 

And don't worry, I'm taking it easy!
  • It was too nice a morning to waste Alehouse but I don't intend to chase miles this week - will just take it as it comes. Hope you don't need your gloves and hat.

Nice here too emzap.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. Legs a bit sore today but no real niggles.

Good news on the good night's sleep LMH, hope you are able to use the day on top of having done your run.

Enjoy club tonight emzap.

Busy Dustin. Can't imagine doing pole vaulting, like to watch it though.

Hope the mundane things don't occupy you too long OH.

All the best for the eye Wabo.

Nice bus run Ale, enjoy the cricket.

What: a few recovery miles
    Why: get the legs moving after yesterday's race
    Last hard: sorting out our hols. Off to Corsica on Wednesday (car / ferry)
    Last rest: 17.05

Lyrics:no
  • I've been enjoying a relaxing day and catching up on a few things Hazel. Corsica is somewhere I like the sound of but have never been, Italy is supposed to be good for gf food - are you familiar with it or will this be your first visit?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Well done Hazel. That's a brilliant time on a tricky course 💪
    It's been snowing in Corsica last week ...

I do hope things are getting back to normal when you go. Apparently it's one of the coldest months of May in France for ages. We're sort of ok where we are with daytime temps around 20 degrees but it does get down to single figures at night.

OH: Well done completing the challenge. I don't think Cape Wrath is conducive to fast times.

Such a relief to sleep through the night, LMH. Only happens to me when I'm ill :(
    Are your legs back to normal?

Pole vault, Dustin 😱? Run and hide :)

What eye thingy, wabo? Cataract surgery? Hope it went well 🤞

What: 10 miles hiked / 5k run on the school track
    Why: we're on hols and hiking is what we do / fancied a flat bit
    Last hard: the school track is at the bottom of the bastard hill 🤦 so I walked back 😡
    Last rest: 11/5
    Lyrics: yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done for tackling that hill chick!

Really struggled this evening so going to see whether I should take the decision to stop running. I've suddenly got a lot bigger so I may readjust, we'll see and I will be sensible and listen to my body.

Lmh hope you get another good night's sleep.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No PBs at CWC this year but my marathon PB actually remains at CW ( and after the full week).
    Sadly nearly 2h faster than this year  :’(
    However I did enjoy it all!