Tuesday 21st May 2019 - Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

Morning.

Lyrics - Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

I guess there have already been lots of adjustments emzap with many more to come, not always easy when you don't feel in control and can't do as you'd like but hopefully worth it.

5k on the track would have seemed like a long way to me chicksta. We like to walk/hike whilst on holiday too - something we can do together unlike the running on the whole (though we may do the odd short one together whilst away).

Yesterday was the first day that I thought my legs are about back to where they were, just the usual odd niggle (knees mostly) but nothing that made me feel I had to attack anywhere with the stick or spiky ball. Just in time to taper all being well, paces are better than pre-London and I slept through again last night until after 0400hrs - I think maybe the effects of the stress at the start of the year are lifting.

What:              short and easy
Why:               work makes Tuesday an easy day
Last hard:       getting up this morning - I was awake but crackered
Last rest:        4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Faster Than The Speed Of Night - Bonnie Tyler.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Still too early for me to set the lyrics, LMH! And I don't know yours!

What: short run, long Pilates

Why: Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: yoga and a walk
    Why: Tuesday, trying to keep active
    Last hard: adjusting
    Lyrics: nope

Washed all the clothes we bought at the weekend yesterday.  They are soooo tiny!!

Lmh good that some of the stress is lifting. Must be nice to be sleeping again.

Ale how's the Achilles after the standing on Sunday and longer run yesterday?

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    OH - Well done, enjoying it is the main reason for doing it!
    Wabo - good luck with the eye 
    Ale - hope the cricket was fun. I see that my home County (Hampshire) are playing on the IoW for the first time in years this week. 

What - easy lunchtime run
    Why - missing club tonight & recovery after vets league
    last rest - 05/05
    last hard - yesterday
    Luckily enough we had a full team so managed to dodge the PV. I've done it a couple of times (as in, I can clear a low height) but that's about my limit. Signed in for non scoring 800 & 3k. 
    Warmed up and legs still felt ridiculously heavy. I did think about not running either but sometimes you need a measure of where you are (or aren't). 
    800 heat was with all the V50s, V60s and non scorers, still some rapid guys in the mix though. Paced it pretty evenly and just sneaked under 2:45 which is 14s down on last year's 'best'. About what I was expecting tbh. 
    3k was but 20 minutes later, and all ages were to run together: V35 A & B, plus the older age groups and non scorers. Couple of club pals were 'jogging' round too, but still found it a bit of an effort, and managed a 12:36 - I'd usually expect to be sub 4min ks and usually closer to 11 mins than 12. 
    Not too surprised and confirmed that I'll be having a rest from mileage this summer. 

lyric - don't think so 

• A rare occasion that I know lyrics (and others don't)
    Swimming shortly.
    Recovery run was fine last night although one of group fell and grazed hands elbows and knees.
    Enjoyed marathon even though it was my slowest ever.
    10k Castle of Mey race Sunday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics oh yes!
    great pic OH, trying to convince my OH to come CW next year
    Dustin you do sound pretty positive with it all
    emzap ah thats lovely, I remember doing that.
    lmh enjoy the short easy
    Alehouse I bet you do know these lyrics - have a good day 

what: I am going to my club for a session!!!!
    Why: I need some company
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest 31/12/16

have a good day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh yes the eye, what a fiasco.  Bring someone with you you will not be able to drive.  get there and they say you need MOH procedure but we don't do it here so we will refer you and get your GP to refer you as well. I was really nervous and all for nothing, OH spent 55 mins frantically driving around the hospital trying to park, for nothing!!
    Hey ho
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick oh gosh no not cataract, I am so scared of anything eyes! I have a BCC under my right eye that has to be removed.  Basal Cell Carcinoma, sounds worse than it is.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Anything with 'carcinoma' does sound bad, wabo. Sorry to hear the procedure had to be rescheduled.

OH: You do look happy in that pic. Glad you had fun.

LMH: That sounds like perfect timing to me. Hope those calf issues are sorted now. Your knees would hate the hills around here :)  Even mine are starting to feel it and I'm backing off a bit, aka running the downhills very carefully.
    The track was indeed pretty dull - it's tiny too (175m). I switched directions every 10 laps :D and I don't think I'm going near it again.

Em: Aww bless. Baby clothes are just the cutest things :smiley:

Dustin: those are still pretty fast times.

What: a little over 6 miles
    Why: trying to counteract the excess food I'm consuming
    Last hard: bastard hill
    Last rest: 11/5
    Lyrics: yes
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Were does the time go to....

I could kick myself over yesterday's lyrics!!

What: 7.15 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard fatigue and getting out of bed!
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the weather Infos Chicksta - interesting stuff.  I was pretty pleased that I understood 95% of it in French straight off.  Weather looks ok for the next days but any mountains above 2000m could be off limits at the moment.  How long are you on holiday for still?  Well done for not getting bored after 2 laps on the track.  Enjoy the food whilst you can.  

Take it easy regarding the running emzap but I guess staying active is a good thing.  

Good legs and good sleep must be good news LMH.  

Dustin well done on avoiding the PV and for your race results.

Lovely pic OH - you look like you are really enjoying yourself.

That is a massive pain regarding the eye Wabo.  Very frustrating.  Hope you can enjoy your club session.  Any tips on persuading OHs regarding CW?  We could tell our respectives to join up and go to the pub whilst we are out running.

Agree on where has the day gone to WP. (and on getting out of bed this morning).

What: probably out with my group later (if I get packed by then)
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: doing my tax returns (necessary evil)
    Last rest: 17.05.

Lyrics: No
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    great idea hazel, although he did say he would happily cycle!
  • Lovely picture OH - I seem to remember the Castle of Mey tearooms having lovely gf scones. Hope you enjoy yourself as much there.

That is a real pain about your procedure Wabo, I hope you don't have to wait too long to get it sorted.

Well done on avoiding the pole vault Dustin. Have you decided which shorter races to target this summer?

A 175m track chicksta? that's even more hardcore than I first thought! Funny you should mention knees, having said how much better my legs were and how much better I was sleeping both knees were creaky this morning and I had a very tired, heavy legged run so despite more good weather I remembered what I'd said to Alehouse about not chasing miles and did a couple less than I had time for. Hopefully everything will feel better for it tomorrow.

I was surprised you didn't know them Poppy!

Hope you get your packing finished Hazel. Are you planning to ski/hike/bike?

Are you feeling any less tired emzap? Sleeping through until 0400hrs is still a novelty - I'm just hoping it lasts.

I'll try to sleep in longer Alehouse  :)
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh have had 2 naps today... So no, I don't think so!  Though I guess I've got a lot on my plate atm. Who knew choosing a kitchen sink could be so stressful!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    LMH: I blame old age and memory of a goldfish! especially as I run past her Welsh home most day well not past it but near to it.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Re CWC
    I went to CWC twice (2010/2011) just as Elspeth's partner for ceilidh ...
    ... then I started running.
    Just saying! ;)

Lazy day today after swim (last week catching up on me!)