P&D Autumn Marathon 2019

Comments

• hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    14 miles at 6.47 pace on a hilly enough route, in lovely sunshine, was a nice way to start the day for me today. I was going to go via the flat canal path for an out and back, but haven't done enough rolling hills lately.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hamo: great pace on a hilly route after the split LT session yesterday.
    HA: there's no many Feldenkrais instructors about so interesting that you know one. North Downs Way 100 next on 3rd August. Putting those couple of races down will certainly focus your mind again I'm sure!
    SQ: nice long run commute
    Chicksta: weighted squats sound fun!
    Steve: great feeling when your legs want to go further. Shows they are really coping well with the training
    Found a new strength circuit from Jeff Browning (ultrarunner), I'm planning to do twice a week before the next hundred - toughen the hips, legs and knees up - http://ultrarunning.com/featured/bronco-billys-tough-21-strength-routine/
    1. Military pushups with heel raises
    2. Dumbbell squat with twist curl press
    3. Bicycle twists
    4. Single dumbbell alternating lunges with overhead tricep press
    5. Hollow rock toe raises
    6. Dumbbell wide squat with side fly press
    7. Squat jumps
    Walked through 1 set this morning - 50s for each exercise and 10s to change over. Slowly to make sure I was getting the right form. Its called Tough 21 and you do 3 sets so 21 movements in total.
    Bit stiff after that so just an easy recovery at lunchtime today.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Chick - yr legs dont sound too bad after the squat fest, does ypur butt feel like you lost an arse kicking contest?

SQ - nice one on another midweek 20.

Spoons - good for you, must be nice to feel your fitness rising.

HA - i note your chester entry rather than bournemouth in the end.

Hamo - nice LT work.

AWC - i try to do a couple of sessions a week of pull ups, push ups (on parallettes), deadlifts, squats etc sometimes some lunges too, but they tend to niggle my hammys).

4m easy yday (very short of time), 6m witha few strides today. NF10 trail race Sunday, could be sweaty with sn 11.30 start, but my 20m meltdown last weekend should hold me in good stead. Nearly time to start piling in some Abo training, looking fwd to it, but to be fsir ive keept the distsnces up on the long run and mlr since yeovil anyway.
  • Great you’re fully recovered AWC.

Another great midweek long run SQ. The forecast suggested basically no wind that morning, but there was definitely a bit of a breeze coming from the north. 

Good MLR on tired legs Chicksta.

HA yes really pleased with how the LRs/MLRs are coming out at the moment. Good to see you’ve committed to Chester.

Hamo yes I’m probably the fittest I’ve been since Manchester currently, so assuming I can stay injury free that bodes well. Another cracking split LT run from you.

Good luck for Sunday TR. Good luck Joe too, and indeed anyone else racing.

Pushed up to 15 miles for my medium-long this morning. I was a bit tired, so it felt a bit of a slog at times. It was a slightly warmer morning too which probably didn’t help. I knew my streak of feeling great on every run had to end eventually, indeed I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. And it was far from terrible, I finished quite strongly and I’ve certainly felt much worse on MLRs during marathon training before. Pace averaged 6:53/mi so no complaints there.

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Out for a run this morning before work and felt creaky, sore and slow. Packed it in after about 2 miles and decided I need to take a bit of time off, probably just a week or so, before getting back into things again. Achilles are really stiff and sore and not getting better. Even when I do warm up everything feels laboured, which really isn't much fun. I'm missing that feeling of moving well. Not really concerned if things don't go well in Chester but would like to be back up and going to have another crack in London next year. A week or two now won't make any difference.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, HA77. Better back off if you feel this bad. Plenty of time for a comeback.

Nice LT run, Hamo and that undulating 14 miler sounds pretty decent as well (you ran that faster than my 5k pace :D

AWC: That workout is evil! How are you supposed to run after that? It would leave me battered and bruised ;)

And you're right, TR. I deffo lost that arse-kicking contest. I can't do a single pull-up. Pathetic, really but I have zero shoulder strength. Wish I was better at this sort of stuff …

Spoons: Mileage is probably catching up with you. Nice pace and good miles. I like 15 milers :+1: 

Got my long run out of the way before work today. This being recovery week it was only 16 so quite doable on a school morning. Friend's birthday tomorrow and I may end up with a hangover on Sunday so it's good to have the option of a lie in.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Spoons - more good progress.

AWC - i bet your slow and creamy would be top bombing for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Chick - enjoy the booze up, well done on getting the long run done today.
  • Hi team, hope everyone is holding up well. I think I’ve been away from the thread about a month. Last time I was involved I’d just pulled up with a bit of calf pain. I mentally downplayed that and ended up trying to keep running through it and eventually broke down.  Since then I took a full week off running and I’m now building very slowly back into it. 3 weeks to the start of Valencia plan has snuck up on me massively. I’m hoping I’m hiding some residual fitness somewhere that I’m yet to tap into.

Going from Strava and the last page:

Spoons - you seem to be smashing out the training and the paces for training runs are massively impressive.

Hamo - another one who seems to be churning out runs at very impressive paces.

SQ - seen some early morning midweek long runs, impressive 10k times and generally consistent mileage.

Joe - good luck at Roth, I suspect you’re little fitter than you think even if you’re not where you want to be.

Chicksta - hungover long runs are pretty much 3 quarters of my long runs, I’ve always thought they were character building.

HA - sorry to hear things aren’t going well, heal well.

AWC - I think I’d need a few days off running after that strength session.

TR - good luck on Sunday.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hope the comeback goes well Hyde.

New Forest 10 for me today on the forest trails, although there was around 2m of road in the 1st half. 63min for me plus 2m wu and 8m wd, amused myself (in the absence of target times) by chasing 4 or 5 down in the last few miles. Always a privilege to race in the New Forest.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    AWC...that looks a brutal circuit. Weights/circuits aren't a thing i do any of i'm honest, and probably should.

TR...Sounds like you had a very good Sunday. That's a quick time over trails, well done. Always nice when you can pick people off over the last few miles.

Spoons...Class average pace over 15M, esp when you weren't exactly feeling it. 

HA77...You are right, a bit of time off now wont make a button of difference for London. Sensible, and hope you heal quickly.

Chicksta...Nice to get the LR done on a school day, fair play. Hope you enjoyed the partying, and the hangover wasn't too bad.

HPR...sorry to see that you broke down a bit. Like HA, right decision to take a bit of time off. I've no doubt you'll be up and flying soon, and the fitness will still be there for starting training for Valencia.

Our club entered a 5x5k relay race on Saturday, and asked if i would run for them. So a 3 mile warm up, then i was up as the first runner. It was a very very hilly trail course (not used to trail running at all), tough and very warm, so happy with an 18.16 clocking, coming in in first position. Our team held first, until the very last leg, when we were overtaken in the last half mile. Still 2nd place, and our girls team won, and our mixed team, came 2nd as well, so a good day out all round for the club. Was informed on Saturday evening that i had clocked the fastest overall lap as well, and will be getting some prize money posted out, which is always nice. 

A 4 mile cool down after the relays, and a 15m MLR on Sunday (avg 6.46 m/m) brought the weekly total to 89, so solid weeks work. 6mile recovery this morning, will be followed by a 5 mile easy tonight.
  • Sorry you’re still struggling HA. Sensible long term outlook though, I’m sure things will start to come together soon for you.

Nice work getting the long run sorted early so you can enjoy the weekend Chicksta.

Good to hear from you HPR. Give it time and the fitness will come back, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now!

Nice 10 miler TR, I really like that distance. 

Great time on a hilly course Hamo, and congrats on the podium and prize money.

Up early for ten along the canals on Saturday. I felt great and averaged 7:11/mi. I have been missing my Saturday lie-in with these earlier starts, so made up for it by having a nap before lunch :D

A similar early start for yesterday’s long run, it was a dull morning but great for running with little wind and fairly cool temperatures. 22.1 miles averaging 6:47/mi which I was very pleased with, pretty sure that is my second fastest “regular” long run (i.e. one that didn’t involve some kind of MP/tempo efforts as part of it). That brought me to 106 miles for the week, and my sixth most efficient (based on the “beats per mile” stat) week ever - the only time I’ve been better is before Manchester.

Overall really happy with these last three weeks of training have gone, feels like I’ve made a huge leap in fitness and touch wood I’m feeling good - better than I recall feeling at this stage prior to Manchester. Recovery week now with the Coventry Northbrook 10K on Sunday. Given my recent training I half wonder if I’m in PB shape (with the caveat my 10K PB is a little soft as I didn’t race one before Manchester, I don’t think I’m in that shape yet). However the course is undulating, so given my dislike of hills not sure how that will pan out. Will be good to do something a little outside my comfort zone though.

• AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    HPR: good to see you back
    Chicksta: I don't feel too sore after it tbh. I did 2 sets of it this morning and feel ok. I take it fairly easy and do gentle movements focusing on form rather than a high volume of reps
    TR: nice job on the NF10 - certainly is a great place ot be running
    Hamo: nie job on the 5km with prize money to come!
    Spoons: enjoy your recovery week - you certainly deserve it after 100 mile weeks!
    I had the weekend off running as I was feeling under the weather. The whole family has some kind of virus/cough/cold thingy at the minute. I'll head out for a short recovery today and see how I feel.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Decent racing TR & Hamo.
    Good to see most in full training swing. Commiserations to those struggling.
    Still struggling here with no sign of improvement in my cardio fitness & compounded by a sharp pain in the knee which hit me about 6M in to my flat easy Thursday run. Day off Friday, parkrun (20:3x) & then 8M tail running my tri-clubs aquathlon on Sunday haven't helped the knee, mileage tally or fitness.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hamo - you are in the groove !

Spoons - you are coming on in leaps and bounds at the mo.

AWC - hope you feel better soon.

Jools - hopefully that knee comes good soonish.

I only train on pavements and tarmac, so my legs groaned a bit at first todsy after ydays trail running, but they came good and i ticked off 10m.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Spoons...its been a class last few weeks of training for you. I think your going to smash this 10k on Sunday, hills or no hills, and i'm excited to see how you fare. Excellent pace over a long run too.

AWC...hope the virus clears soon, not nice when it goes round the house.

Jools...Not good, hope the knee sorts itself soon. Its not been a great start to the summer for you unfortunately, hope things improve.

TR...I'm the same, 99% of my training is on roads, so the trails where a shock to the system. Nice 10miler.

Ploddy enough 11m for me this morning, don't know whether i was tired, legs a bit stiff, the humidity, the fact my headphones broke so no music/podcasts or all of the above, but it was harder work than it should have been. Still, you get runs like that, and its done, so now on to my first Change of Pace tempo (a la Spoons lately) tomorrow. I'm looking forward to giving it a go, if not a  bit apprehensive.
  • 1SteveMac1SteveMac ✭✭✭
    Spoons - Quality mileage and long run! I think you will get close to a PB, I'm not sure how fast that 10k is.
    HA - Good idea to take some rest.
    HPR - Good to see you back.
    Hamo - Great training too!
    Chicksta - Nice long run.

11 miles on Saturday, 4 on Sunday and a 90 minute bike session. Today was 10 miles with 22 minutes (6:20 average) and 18 minutes (6:34 average) at LT pace. Disappointed with the drop in pace on the second section, but got it done, felt warm out too!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hamo: I'm always apprehensive of tough sessions. Good to see that you fast boys suffer from nerves as well :) Hope it goes ok. And congrats on the superb 5k time and prize money. Nice work.

That's a decent training weekend, Steve. Don't worry about the LT pace - it's the effort that counts.

Chicksta - hungover long runs are pretty much 3 quarters of my long runs, I’ve always thought they were character building.

:D  I'm too old for shit like that, HPR. Dry heaving 5 miles into a 20 miler is something I'd rather avoid these days ;)

Banging out the miles, TR. That New Forest run sounds lovely. I have a 30k trail race with quite a bit of ascent to look forward to in August. Like you I rarely leave tarmaced roads so that'll be an interesting experience.

Getting stronger and faster, spoons. Very encouraging :+1:

Healing vibes to both of you AWC and Jools.

A little shy of 60 miles for last week's recovery week. Started this week with a 7 mile GA run yesterday followed by 10 miles with 5@ LT today. Perfect morning with only a slight breeze, no rain and 12 degrees so no excuses not to give it my best shot. Getting the HR up to the LT range at 6am was bloody hard work. Very nearly bailed after 3 miles but gave myself a stern talking to and ground it out. 7:12 pace average which is pretty good for me (last one was 7:18 so trending upwards).

Hope Joe survived Roth OK and didn't crash into a random car or tractor again... Watched a good chunk of it on the telly - conditions looked pretty good compared to Frankfurt the week before.

• A belated catch up so I’m bound to have missed something out, apologies.

Decent racing SQ(last week), TR and Hamo more recently.  

Sorry to to hear you’re struggling Jools, feel your (knee) pain.

HPR - hope you’re trending upwards(if that’s a thing), HA, hopefully a rest will relight the fires, AWC, hope you knock the illness on the head quickly.

Impressive early morning pace Chicksta, did I read correctly that English isn’t your 1st language ? Never knew, very impressive if so.

Decent overall pace Steve, I think I’d find it hard to get going for the 2nd set.

RSR - building very nicely, I’m trying to tell myself your improvements are built on all the sensible work you have done since London and using it as inspiration.

Building up slowly but steadily here.  I’ve been given a bunch of exercises which I’m hoping will give me quads of steel, might have to change my name .  I can handle taking it easy but I’ve a few decisions to make about races very soon but can’t grumble as I only had 2 weeks of zero running, 14m then 44miles last week and loads of cycling all the way through, I even thought about a trip to the pool but that way madness lies.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hamo - hope the session goes well, i do rhe same amount of headphones training as i do trail training.

Well done on the session steve

Chick - well done for getting it done, i always find the first mile is a bit slow as i grind into action.

Macca - good to see you are getting back to it.

10m for me today.
  • Decent going in the relays Hamo.

Spoons - so glad to hear things are going well. Long may it continue.

Chick - great work with with the LT run, always really hard to get going first thing in the morning I find.

Macca - Back on two feet, good to see. You'll be back to normal in no time.

I'm back from Germany and just about survived Challenge Roth. Had a great trip with clubmates and friends, and it's definitely a race I'd go back to. The atmosphere both during at after the race was incredible - it had a real big event feel. 

It was absolutely chucking it down on race morning, so everyone was sheltering under trees and anything else they could find in transition. I'd been put in the 'Sub-9' wave with the other fast amateurs, and we were off after the pro's at 6:45. 

Swim went pretty well, 1:05 which is a 2 minute PB for me. Just a straight out and back along a really wide canal, no navigation required, although the time does seem to drag in the water sometimes!

Quick change and onto the bike, felt good initially, but by 30 miles I was already starting to struggle (not good when you've got another 80!), I just felt flat and it felt harder than it should've. I think I paced it pretty sensibly as lots of people got over-excited and pushed hard up the hills. 

It's two laps on the bike, and shortly after halfway, I hit a bit of a bump in the road. I looked down, and to my horror, my handlebars were pointing at an 45 degree angle towards the ground - I obviously hadn't done them up tight enough! What a mug. I manage to pull with all my strength to bring them back level, but I was now worried at any point they were just going to fall off completely. Not ideal.

Towards the end of the 2nd lap, I started going past people still on there first so there was a fair bit of weaving and dodging involved. I rolled into transition with 4:58 on the clock for the bike, just sneaking under 5 hours for the 112 miles. 

Felt really good on the opening miles of the run. Saw Katie and others out supporting before heading out onto the canal, which you run up and down as an out and back for over 20km. It's a flat and fast surface, but we ran the entire first half into a head wind, which was pretty soul destroying. 

I went from feeling good at 10km, to feeling absolutely horrendous by about 13, and knew it'd be a long slog from there. By the time I'd gone through half way, I'd already decided once I got to 25km I was walking the rest of the way. 

When I reached the 25km sign I walked for the first time. I saw Katie and told her of my plans. Obviously she was having none of that, and told me I was still on for a great day. I got shuffling along again, and from that point run-walked my way through the aid stations, just concentrating on getting to the next km marker. 

Once we reached 35km, we turned around in a little village and headed back down the hill we'd just climbed, and from here I was running more freely, just happy to get it over with as quickly as possible.

I finally starting smiling arriving back into Roth, realising the pain was about to stop. The finish was one of the best I've had in running or triathlon - a massive stadium with 10,000 people, loud music, it was class. I strolled around taking it all in, reflecting on a good result after a less than perfect few months. 

I ended up running 3:21, while not a terrible result, I know I've got much more in me when properly fit. Final finishing time was 9:28. I was in a pretty bad way at the end, and spent a fair amount of time just sitting with my head laid on a table, struggling to do anything for a good hour. Eventually I started to come around and enjoyed supporting for the rest of the day and watching others finish. 

All in all, an incredible event. Would definitely go back. Will write a full blog in the near future (as if this wasn't enough! :smiley: ) - couple of weeks of chill time now. 
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Damn fine time IMO JB especially given your mystery illness destroyed any serious training plan since VLM & evidently the best you could do on the day.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Steve...that is a good weekends work, well done. Nice LT too, the 2nd set is hard i find, mentally and physically,but you got it done as you say, and that's the main thing.

Chicksta...Brilliant LT run, good to see the upward trend. You are right, hard to get going in the mornings sometimes.

Macca...You'll be joining Joe on triathlon start lines if you start that swimming carry on  :L Building up steadily is the right way to go about it, you'll not have lost much, if anything, in your 2 zero carded weeks.

TR...nice 10, you are constantly knocking out decent runs lately, best way for it.

Joe...Good write up, glad you enjoyed Roth. Congrats on the swim pb. Not good with the handlebars though, that's bound to have been a shock looking down and seeing that. 3.21 after the swimming, bike and esp last few months is a good return. Really well done, you definitely deserve your chill time now.

Change of pace tempo for me this morning, 1st time id ever done one, so wasn't sure what to expect (it was tough :o ) or what to make of the result, but still, enjoyed it. 12M overall with 4 mins slightly above LT pace, 4 mins slightly below, then 5x(2mins above, 4mins below) in the middle of it. The above sections averaged 5.26 m/ms, and the below 5.54 m/ms. Maybe went too hard on the 'on' parts, according to the book i was aiming for 5.25-5.35 m/ms which lead to slightly too slow on the 'recovery/off' parts (5.40-5.50 was the aim). Don't know, but happy with it overall, and the effort i put in. There will be plenty of other tries at it to perfect it I'm sure. 

5m recovery planned for this evening, think i might need it :L 
  • 1SteveMac1SteveMac ✭✭✭
    Hamo - Yeah I normally struggle on the second set! Nice change of pace, that does sound like a tough session.
    Chicksta - Nice early morning LT work!! Running fast early morning is tough!
    Joe - Brilliant considering the build up you had.
    Macca - Good to see you back.
    TR - Nice mileage.
    Easy 7 miles with strides today.
  • Get well soon AWC.

Hope the knee is ok Jools. Keep the faith, it’ll come back eventually.

Solid work TR.

Thanks Hamo, I’ll try to take some of your confidence in me to the race! Got to expect some runs like that during marathon training. Great CoP session though. I also tend to slow down a bit too much on the steady sections, it’s hard to get right.

The second part of those split LT sessions are tough Steve. Great work regardless.

Plenty of miles for a recovery week ChickstaWell done toughing out the LT run.

Good to see you gradually getting back in to things Macca

Great performance at Roth Joe, considering the circumstances. I know it’s not the time you wanted, or are capable of, but 9:28 is still very impressive. And a swim PB bodes well for the future.

After declaring how well things were going in my last post, I had a minor scare on Monday afternoon as I felt a bit of a twinge at the top of my ITB, where I previously had problems prior to London. I decided to skip my afternoon recovery to be safe. It felt fine during yoga, but I did feel the odd twinge walking around which was a bit worrying. I headed out a little nervously on Tuesday, prepared to stop if I felt anything, but thankfully all was normal and I did the usual canal ten. I’ve already booked in for a general checkup with the physio tomorrow, so I’ll mention it to him, but hopefully it’s nothing.

This morning I had originally planned to do 3 x 15 mins @ MP, but I decided that was a bit too much volume for what is supposed to be a recovery week, and given I had already done some longer LT efforts something shorter and sharper would be better. I therefore opted for a classic 6x800m. I had hoped to run it on the grass track, but due to grass damage from the floods they’ve painted it up with short straights, so it’s something like 300m. Not much use for 800m reps, so I headed for the riverside instead.

Really happy with how the session went - 2:41, 2:45, 2:43, 2:46, 2:43, 2:48, for an average of 2:44. Although there wasn’t much wind about, it definitely seemed to be quicker heading south (odd reps) versus north (even reps). For comparison, four weeks ago I ran the same session on the same paths at an average of 2:51, so I’m 13s/mi faster, and with more mileage in the legs. A nice confirmation of the fitness improvements!

Will now gradually ease back the miles now ahead of Sunday...

• TR - sounds like a good performance on Sunday and consistent training afterwards.

Hamo - well done on the relay and solid mileage for the week. The change of tempo session sounds a beast, well done for ticking it off.

Spoons - good to see the fitness improvements in the reps. Hopefully that ITB trouble stays away and you can give the 10k a proper go. I’d put money on you being in PB shape.

AWC - hope you’re feeling better

Jools - not much I can say, being injured sucks. Hopefully you recover soon.

Steve - It being warm and sweaty yesterday can’t have helped in the 2nd LT stunt. You just need to trust it’s still a good session of the effort is there, easier said than done.

Chicksta - Very solid miles for a recovery week and great to be taking chunks of time out of previous LT sessions. Sounds like training is going well.

Joe - ‘felt good initially’ I had a track of you on Sunday and I think you ran the first 5k in about 2:45 pace! Well done on toughing it out and getting what is still a very good time. Even though you no doubt could break sub 9 with an illness free training block. I think you mentioned in the previous thread you were thinking of concentrating on just running next year. Any change to that after Roth?

Macca - glad to see you’re on the mend. Take it steady is definitely my takeaway after the last couple of months.

27 miles last week which was a couple more than I planned and want to do just under 40 this week. No real tightness or aches in my calves either which I had after my last comeback. Going to the physio this evening so will get him to take a look a look at my running gait and calves just in case.

I got a shock Monday morning when I stood on the scales for the first time in a while (batteries were dead). I was 22 lbs heavier than just before Manchester. Some of that is water weight after a heavy weekend at a wedding, but still a big kick up my arse to clean up my diet. I’ve added in some turbo sessions to my training while I’m building up the miles as well, so that should contribute to the fitness and weight loss.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Joe - good to hear you still had a successful day, you could be quick at IM, guess you just need to find a way to balance IM and running.  You could always target vlm and then a later summer IM to follow.

Hamo - well done, i hsve done the odd BAC session and the long reps after short reps are tough, so i know that mixed pace sessions are hard work. You probably felt a bit smoked for the rest ofthe morning.

Spoons - hope you go well sunday.

Hyde - luckily its good weather for sweating off a bit of excess !

10m more here.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Steve...you're building well.

Spoons...Hope the physio goes well today and confirms the ITB is nothing. Those 800s are certainly a good confirmation, 13secs down in a few weeks is super progress.

HPR...as TR says, the weather is good for dropping a lb or two. Nice to see you back at it, and building sensibly and steadily.

TR...Surprisingly i felt OK after the session yesterday, has hit me like a tonne of bricks today though  :o Nice 10miler.

14 mile this morning for me, and as i said to TR, yesterdays LT run must have caught up with me over night. From the first step to the last it was a slog, legs felt heavy and tired, but still, got it done and on wards to a well needed recovery day tomorrow.
  • 1SteveMac1SteveMac ✭✭✭
    Hamo - not surprised it felt tough, you must have a load of miles in the legs at the moment!
    Spoons - Great improvement on the 800s.
    HPR - The turbo will certainly get you sweating!!
    13 miler here today, all at an easy pace.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    HPR: good luck shifting the weight. Its scary how quickly it piles on when you aren't watching it. I've managed to shift half a stone this week with a bit of intermittent fasting.
    Spoons: great set of 800s there. Your speed is definitely back again
    Chicksta: great mileage for a recovery week. You have been very consistent this training block which bodes well
    Hamo: great change of pace tempo. That's never gonna feel comfortable so its all about putting the effort in which will pay big dividends
    Joe: nice report and really strong performance given your illness and training problems.
    Macca: glad to hear you are building back up gently without any issues. Fingers crossed for a full recovery soon
    Just an easy 10km recovery along the shore this lunchtime after a couple of 10 milers the last few evenings. Legs beginning to feel more and more normal by the day
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hamo - you coped well yday then. Not surprised you had a tired 14m today.

10m more for me, but no mp or reps this week, seeing as i did the 10m race sunday.