Last hard bike home last night
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good day all
I've started the thread again alehouse!!!🤣🤣🤣
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy anniversary Dustin and Mrs Dustin!
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Run On by Moby.

Wabo - sounds as though you had a long journey. Hope you have a great holiday.

You are asking a lot of yourself after last week's exertions OH.

Did you manage to get an appointment with your physio Alehouse? Any improvement?

Another nice day here, last one we are forecast for a while with typical Bank Holiday weather arriving tomorrow and staying for a while according to the Met. I don't know whether to do my last LSR today, if my knee plays up and I need to walk home it's not an issue in the sun but in tomorrow's wind and rain it might be a harder decision to make. I could leave it until Monday but the forecast isn't much better.

What:            unsure
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     knowing the right thing to do
    Last rest:      4/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: tail walking at parkrun
    Why: was meant to be meeting a friend but she's just cancelled on me but I'm now stuck going despite having visitors at home...
    Last hard: this may be. It's one of the toughest courses in the country
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo hope you managed to get some sleep!
    Lmh I'd go today then you can stop in the sunshine rather than the rain if you have to
    Dustin hope you had a nice anniversary celebration

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Long journey, Wabo?! Probably know the lyrics but don't!

LMH: physio not until 5 on Thursday, but she did message to say that if she had a cancellation I would be first on the list to contact. If you are going to go long I would go today!

Emz: nice and slooow!

What: gentle parkrun

Why: gentle doesn't seem to harm the niggles

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Took us under 5 hours drive to par in cornwall, not bad. 
    Run well at the park run alehouse. Could easily get a cancellation I bet
    Emzap enjoy the tail walking, volunteer points! 
    Lmh seems today is best to go long, hope it goes well

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Happy Holidays Wabo :)

LMH: I agree if you are going to go long today is the best bet/

Em: Enjoy your parkrun tail walking.

Ale:Enjoy gentle parkrun and good luck with cancellation.

What: 5 miles
    Why: I felt tired/making 50 miles this week
    Last Hard: Dragging myself out of bed
    Lyrics:No

Body felt tired but still a good run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    parkrun marshalling
    10k race tomorrow
    Last hard: yoga!
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: sound familiar but no

Dry but cool here. Forecast for rain tomorrow  :'( -don't mind running in rain but 3mile cycle from ferry and some hanging around before and afterwards. Dry bag with clothes on bike perhaps?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Back from a very warm parkrun.  Felt good as the last person started saying she wanted to give up after 500m (walking) and never again, to hmm I enjoyed that, maybe I'll do it again. I consider that an achievement!

Cake bought, get to eat it after lunch!

Oh that sounds sensible.

Ale hope parkrun was sensible.

Enjoy the sun
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!  Afternoon!

Well done Emz! It was warmer here than expected...and I even removed a long-sleeved layer from under my t-shirt just before the off! Perfect running conditions.

What: parkrun. One I have not been to for a long time and couldn't actually remember the exact course...apart from it is all grass or dried mud, and undulating. Took it pretty steadily, as always, at the start and gradually picked it up, although it is a course to run by effort, not pace, due to the turns and undulations. Was very pleased with 23:41 given the circumstances and the lack of effort involved...apart from the last hill which was a real struggle.

Why: decided to run on grass to be kinder to the heel. Achilles was not too happy towards the end and immediately after but that was to be expected. Heel was fine, and is whilst running. 

Thoughts on the heel please: when I stretch, for example touching my toes (can normally get my hands almost flat on the floor) I get halfway past my knees and I get a searing pain on the inside of my heel. Quite a strange sensation!

Hope you had a good run, LMH, and you go well tomorrow, OH...but remember it is not long after a marathon plus a week of challenges!

Sunstroke yet, Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    That sounds like a good journey Wabo, is that near Hayle?

Good job emzap. Shame your friend let you down. Enjoy the cake, we're going out for some this afternoon.

I hope the forecast improves for you tomorrow OH. No one going who could give you a lift from the ferry?

My body often tries to tell me it's too tired to run Poppy but I generally ignore it too  :)

Spring ligament Alehouse? Have you got an ankle support? Worth a try if so as that definitely helped when I strained mine.

Vest weather here for my run and I enjoyed a lovely long one - then remembered that it's only two weeks tomorrow until Yeovil and I don't usually run a long one that close, usually do it a few days before but hey, I enjoyed it and I shall be tapering from here. Knee feels no worse than it did before so I shall take that as a win and hope it remains the same or improves.
  • Options
    Thanks for your concern - have actually done it twice before 1 week after CWC once resulting in a PB. However not getting younger and not  expecting PB tomorrow.
    There is a  possibility of lifts from hosts, North Highland Harriers, but would ideally prefer to cycle.
    4 gentle miles done this morning (to defy installation of new security gates at end of Scapa Pier)
  • Options
    If the weather isn't too bad I guess the ride from the ferry would be a nice warm up OH. What is the justification for the new gates?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Evening!

Lots of cross training in the garden followed by the delivery of a new pair of shoes mid-afternoon. So, to the fitness suite for Achilles work plus stretches, avoiding the ones that affect the heel. Then a short run (of course) to test the shoes. 

Sportsshoes.com have some decent offers on at present so I managed to get a pair of 
    https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/asi9351/asics-gel~ds-trainer-24-running-shoes/
    for under £70, including postage,  instead of around £120 plus postage, with a discount code. Only ordered them at 11.45 yesterday!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hiya
    thanks for all the anniversary wishes. Meal out at a decent restaurant with my girls acting as taxi drivers (makes a change!)

What - 21 miles on the South Downs 
    Why - South Downs relay next week (100 miles, 18 legs for each team of 6, so 3 legs each). I did a recce of two of mine (run out and back) 
    last rest - yesterday: didn’t get time at lunchtime , legs grateful
    last hard - today 

Ale - thanks for the tip off!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh I think I know the lyrics :)
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    This was our view we thought, turns out we were in oh's sisters accommodation 🤣🤣🤣