Average age of running trainers

I'm running twice a day and getting though loads of running trainers. I run around 10 to 16 miles each day, 6 in the morning and 10 at night, so on average 90 mpw. 
The nearly new pair were only at 500 miles, and just started to cause rubs on the side of the foot, so got on of the new Nike Zoom Max out, I bought 3 pairs recently .
Is 800 miles around the maximum i can expect, the 500 miler ones are not worn yet, but just the side causing grief on long runs. I suppose can use these for the gym, as they are clean and use the other pair for xc runs or muddy tracks.

Comments

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

At 90 mpw, you're probably more qualified than most of us to answer you own question! But 500 miles seems about right. I've had one pair of Pegasus 33's which hit nearly 900 miles, but they were getting properly knackered. I've also had a pair of Adios 3's which were fit for grass-cutting duty after 200 miles.

Good work and top mileage, but it must be getting expensive!

• JGavJGav ✭✭✭
    Depends on shoes and runner.  500 to 800 miles out of a pair sounds reasonable.  90mpw is a lot run less and they'll last longer  :D
  • PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    It's expensive, $50 plus for a pair, and I spend over £200 just for 3 or 4 months running, damn, i need sponsership!
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    The brands that I find I can get the highest mileage out of are Hoka and Saucony. 

Other brands I'm lucky to get to 500 miles and often I ditch them earlier when I can feel the cushioning goes.
  • PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    I'm very light and neutral pronation, which the running shop said helps, but i notice how the cushoning goes and that the time to chuck.

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited May 30
    Are you still fabricating your Parkrun times, Paul?

https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/comment/11322682#Comment_11322682

It was so obvious as you erased the Clubname in the first pic.
  • JGavJGav ✭✭✭
    Ynnec said:
    Are you still fabricating your Parkrun times, Paul?
    busted lolz
  • graemedcgraemedc ✭✭
    500 seems about right... thats my usual review point
  • Popular SidePopular Side ✭✭✭
    I keep my trainers until they are properly knackered.  My last road shoes were 18 months old (probably 1800 miles).  The last time I changed my trail shoes they were 8 years old at least and I have no idea how many miles.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    My last road shoes were 18 months old (probably 1800 miles).  
    Another 500 miles and you'd have transitioned to barefoot running!

Just kidding.

550-600 for moi.
  • Probably depends on the terrain and the quality of the shoe. I've been dropping massive hints ahead of Father's Day that I need new running pumps. Doesn't seem to be registering. A massive fume is on the horizon.