How would you deal with this

Out a run tonight and fell onto my sons bike when I was helping him. This resulted in a heamatoma about 3inches big and some blood on my shin, top of ankle is swollen and some markings on the top of my foot . Was only a mile into run of a planned 10k so stopped and hobbled home. Here's the dilemma I'm running my first 10k a week on Sunday and a half marathon 7 weeks Saturday. So what's the best way to deal with it as I have long run planned for Saturday. Is it a case of rest till better or suck it and see on the day. 

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Can you walk and run without pain?   If not then you need to take it easy until healed.  RICE if you still have some swelling on the ankle

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/SHADES">SHADES</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Can you walk and run without pain?   If not then you need to take it easy until healed.  RICE if you still have some swelling on the ankle

</div>
    </blockquote>
    The swelling has reduced a bit, leg is badly marked with cuts and ankle is stiff. Can definitely feel it when walking but more uncomfortable than painful, so not sure what a run would be like
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Postpone your planned long run.   Doesn't sound too serious, you should be able to run in a day or so.