How would you deal with this

Out a run tonight and fell onto my sons bike when I was helping him. This resulted in a heamatoma about 3inches big and some blood on my shin, top of ankle is swollen and some markings on the top of my foot . Was only a mile into run of a planned 10k so stopped and hobbled home. Here's the dilemma I'm running my first 10k a week on Sunday and a half marathon 7 weeks Saturday. So what's the best way to deal with it as I have long run planned for Saturday. Is it a case of rest till better or suck it and see on the day. 

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Can you walk and run without pain?   If not then you need to take it easy until healed.  RICE if you still have some swelling on the ankle

• SHADES said:
    Can you walk and run without pain?   If not then you need to take it easy until healed.  RICE if you still have some swelling on the ankle

The swelling has reduced a bit, leg is badly marked with cuts and ankle is stiff. Can definitely feel it when walking but more uncomfortable than painful, so not sure what a run would be like
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Postpone your planned long run.   Doesn't sound too serious, you should be able to run in a day or so.